• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Why Milk Is Bad For You And Your Bones" by Vivian Goldschmidt

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
Debunking The Milk Myth: Why Milk Is Bad For You And Your Bones
saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth

Milk depletes the calcium from your bones

The milk myth has spread around the world based on the flawed belief that this protein and calcium-rich drink is essential to support good overall health and bone health in particular at any age. It is easy to understand that the confusion about milk’s imaginary benefits stems from the fact that it contains calcium – around 300 mg per cup.

But many scientific studies have shown an assortment of detrimental health effects directly linked to milk consumption. And the most surprising link is that not only do we barely absorb the calcium in cow’s milk (especially if pasteurized), but to make matters worse, it actually increases calcium loss from the bones. What an irony this is!

Here’s how it happens. Like all animal protein, milk acidifies the body pH which in turn triggers a biological correction. You see, calcium is an excellent acid neutralizer and the biggest storage of calcium in the body is – you guessed it… in the bones. So the very same calcium that our bones need to stay strong is utilized to neutralize the acidifying effect of milk. Once calcium is pulled out of the bones, it leaves the body via the urine, so that the surprising net result after this is an actual calcium deficit.

Knowing this, you’ll understand why statistics show that countries with the lowest consumption of dairy products also have the lowest fracture incidence in their population.

Much better and safer sources of calcium and protein are soya beans and almonds:
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4375/2
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3087/2
wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietary_Reference_Intake#Current_recommendations

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
while i agree that cow's milk is acidic and requires the body to counter the low ph, milk with fortified vitamin d and magnesium can help, especially magnesium. a ratio of 1:1 calcium:magnesium intake provides balance. an alternative is almond milk which i'm having now.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
One word for these claims. BUNKUM!
I wouldn't put too much faith in these "scientific" studies with regards to various foods being "harmful". These so called "studies" often make 180 degrees U-TURNS depending on which company is financing the "studies"

Butter used to be bad and margarine good. Coconut oil used to be bad for health, so were eggs. Artificial sugars like aspartame with zero calories were deemed the answer for diet watchers. Then came the high fat diet fads, high protein low carbs dieting for weight loss etc.

All food found in nature taken in moderation won't harm health.

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
All food found in nature taken in moderation won't harm health.
That's like saying smoking ten sticks of cigarettes, instead of thirty, everyday from the age of, say, twenty (till death) won't harm health, simply because tobacco is "found in nature" and "taken in moderation".

Furthermore, most people smoke cigarettes and eat tasty food for the sake of pleasure, which is basically the deadly (in every sense of the word) sin of gluttony.
Which means that even if they start off by consuming those unhealthy "food found in nature" in "moderation", their desire for pleasure would require them to consume more of the same unhealthy, but tasty, food after those "moderate" amounts no longer satisfy them.
That is the nature of addiction, i.e. not only does the addict "need" the same thing everyday, he or she also needs higher and higher doses of it until he or she falls sick.

Last edited:

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's like saying smoking ten sticks of cigarettes, instead of thirty, everyday from the age of, say, twenty (till death) won't harm health, simply because tobacco is "found in nature" and "taken in moderation".

Furthermore, most people smoke cigarettes and eat tasty food for the sake of pleasure, which is basically the deadly (in every sense of the word) sin of gluttony.
Which means that even if they start off by consuming those unhealthy "food found in nature" in "moderation", their desire for pleasure would require them to consume more of the same unhealthy, but tasty, food after those "moderate" amounts no longer satisfy them.
That is the nature of addiction, i.e. not only does the addict "need" the same thing everyday, he or she also needs higher and higher doses of it until he or she falls sick.

Since when was smoking tobacco leaves considered as FOOD? Since when was natural food eaten for nutrition ADDICTIVE?

Natural Food taken in moderation is taken as nutrition, I am not talking about processed/refined food that has additives/chemicals incorporated for "taste" and "pleasure".

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am looking for the photo of a human drinking a cow's milk.. It depicts the stupidity of human beings. Cow's milk is designed for calf to drink, not humans.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Covering your nose and mouth serves to prevent you from spreading disease to others but does nothing to prevent others from spreading diseases to you which is the aim of these 10 commandments to good health!

Therefore 4th and 5th commandments should be changed to:

Avoid fucktards who sneeze without covering their nose and mouth

Avoid fucktards who cough without covering their mouth

Supplemental guidance - Cina Ah Peks are the worst and Cina young punks are not much better - like father like son unless both have lived and worked in Ang Moh First World countries for a long time

[video=youtube;inJ6PcRyd0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inJ6PcRyd0o[/video]

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am looking for the photo of a human drinking a cow's milk.. It depicts the stupidity of human beings. Cow's milk is designed for calf to drink, not humans.

The only stupid person is the one who thinks that adult humans shouldn't drink cow's milk. I then wonder why they eat steak, bacon etc and not become cannibals to eat human flesh; starting with the female placenta instead, going by their WARP logic that humans should only drink only milk from humans?

The bottle milk that human babies drink is not really the same COW's milk that adults buy and drink off supermart shelves. It is known as 'formula' milk that tries to emulate as close as possible to breast milk.

Do adult humans drink breast milk? No, they drink cow's milk, goat's milk and now there is even sheep's milk and all these constitute what is known as dairy products; milk, cheese, yoghurt etc.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can u imagine what cooking would be like without milk?what cuisine in the world doesnt use milk?milk is like one of the cornerstone staple of human diet since the dawn of civilization.u go to supermarket u see walls and walls of refrigerators of milk and milk products.and why the fuck is it called milk?it is the breast juice of all mammals,the main source of nutrition for their young.now let me tell u if I could go to the supermarket and get a bottle of cambodian breast milk or nigerian breast milk I would.although I prefer soya bean milk though.

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since when was smoking tobacco leaves considered as FOOD?
Since the first tobacco smoker inhaled parts of those burnt leaves into his/her body (or lungs, to be more precise)?

Since when was natural food eaten for nutrition ADDICTIVE?
Not all natural food are addictive.
But some are, e.g. meat, fish, eggs and dairy products.

Meat might have protein, but it is also well-known for containing toxic trans fats, which significantly increases the risk of heart disease and cancer, even if consumed in "moderate" amounts.
Besides, animal protein (including protein from animal milk):
news.usc.edu/59199/meat-and-cheese-may-be-as-bad-for-you-as-smoking
owen.curezone.com/nutrition/animalproteinbad.html
is significantly different from plant-based protein:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant-based_diet
wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan_nutrition

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can we think about what we are saying for a second?ur saying that breast milk that is produced naturally organically by every mother of every animal species for its young is bad?can u think of anything thats more nutrients and packed with all kinds of vitamins and antibodies and hormones and whatnot that all children and babies need it to grow and develop every function of their bodies and brains,nothing can even come close to mothers milk or any other substitute of milk.

Last edited: