• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

At least 100 events to honour the Old Man in March

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least 100 events to honour LKY in March

Rachel Au-yong, Pearl Lee

Friday, Mar 4, 2016

As the first anniversary of Lee Kuan Yew's death approaches, groups of Singaporeans are planning activities to commemorate the legacy of the country's founding prime minister.

At least 100 events are being organised by individuals and community groups for the month of March, People's Association (PA) deputy chairman Chan Chun Sing said during a visit to Yio Chu Kang Community Club on Wednesday.

These activities include a tree-planting exercise at Jurong Lake Park - a nod to Mr Lee's campaign to green the country - and a brisk walk at Sembawang Park to celebrate his commitment to stay healthy. The late Mr Lee made it a point to exercise daily.

At Tanjong Pagar, the constituency he represented for 60 years, residents and grassroots leaders will host two events, including a remembrance service at Tanjong Pagar Community Club on March 23.

Mr Lee was more than a leader to the residents, said Senior Minister of State Indranee Rajah, an adviser to grassroots organisations in Tanjong Pagar GRC. "He was also their MP, with whom they had a close bond and a direct relationship," she noted.

Meanwhile, the National University of Singapore's Harmonica Orchestra is dedicating its annual concert on March 25 to Mr Lee's memory.

Short clips on his life will be screened alongside songs like Samuel Barber's Adagio For Strings, the opening piece at his state funeral.

Adding to the ordinary folks' efforts are four remembrance events: three by the PA and one by the Silent No More network.

Silent No More, founded in July last year by 25-year-old Jaromel Gee as a private Facebook group, is made up of People's Action Party (PAP) supporters who counter negative comments about the ruling party online.

Mr Gee, who runs a trading company, is getting about 150 of its more than 5,000 members to organise a candlelight rally at the Padang on March 23, the day Mr Lee died. He was 91.

Volunteers will hand out electric candlelights to passers-by who will be asked to fill the Padang, where hundreds of thousands of people had queued for hours a year ago to pay their last respects to Mr Lee at Parliament House.

A PAP member, Mr Gee said the effort is neither endorsed nor supported by the party.

The PA events will be held at three sites picked for their association with Mr Lee: Tanjong Pagar, Parliament House along the Singapore River and the Istana Park in Orchard Road.

Panels of photographs and short write-ups on Mr Lee's contributions will be erected at these sites.

The PA is holding the events following queries from several people on whether there would be any events to remember Mr Lee, said Mr Chan, a Cabinet Minister who is also secretary-general of the National Trades Union Congress.

"We don't see it as a session for us to grieve or be sad but a celebration of Mr Lee's life work and values and what he had given us to build the future," said Mr Chan.

Tanjong Pagar resident Sunny Lim, a retired hawker, plans to attend at least one event.

Said the 76-year-old: "It's been a year (since his passing) but we still need to remind ourselves of what he had done for us."

[email protected]

[email protected]

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder for how long they are going to honour this man. Why not declare PH on his anniversaries?

Do not be surprised after the 100 events, PAP will say to make it easier for ALL to remember LKY, they will declare that day to be a national holiday every year. It is also very doubtful if these PLPS and PA will give approval for events to be hosted in public areas if the PAP did not showed any signs of approval or non-disapproval?

Wonder if all these PLPs even remember their parents death year, not to mention anniversary.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too late. ah nehs had already jumped on the memorial bandwagon.

image.jpg

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do not be surprised after the 100 events, PAP will say to make it easier for ALL to remember LKY, they will declare that day to be a national holiday every year. It is also very doubtful if these PLPS and PA will give approval for events to be hosted in public areas if the PAP did not showed any signs of approval or non-disapproval?

Wonder if all these PLPs even remember their parents death year, not to mention anniversary.

Pretty soon, the govt wil say kuanyewism is a religion and religious leaders will endorse it.

when the govt keeps repeating the same things over n over again on that man, it loses appeal to the ordinary folks. havent we had enough of that man?

but nothing beats the situation in this forum whereby a moniker's record player never stop. He fails to realise that such feats backfire all the timd. Truly a lunatic albino eunuch.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm travelling in March for work purposes and only be in Singapore for a week or so.

Thank tua yee ah pek for small mercies in my life.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To these PLPs, Harry is their pa and their biological father their step-father.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The grassroots leaders and volunteers would be organizing a lot of these activities, especially in Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC. Do come down and support. Remember Ah Gong!!

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
The grassroots leaders and volunteers would be organizing a lot of these activities, especially in Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC. Do come down and support. Remember Ah Gong!!

yeah yeah
provide lots of opportunity for leeders of grass looter to make $$
and lots of free makan and gifts of ordinary grass looters and volunteers.

how much $$ ah loong budgeted for this ?

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
uniquely singapore!!!!!!!!!

true heroes such as lim bo seng are forgotten and traitors are being glorified.....

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So all these 100+ public events got apply for mata permits or not? Can make police reports when these events disturb my rest or obstruct my way?

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
So all these 100+ public events got apply for mata permits or not? Can make police reports when these events disturb my rest or obstruct my way?

Sure. Anyone has the right to go make police report.

But be aware, if what you going to report is between you and another peasant, even if you being harassed by debt collectors, or threatened via phone call, poodles likely 'advise' you not to file report as they will not act on it bcos no one is harmed. They then need file your report and that is WORK for them. I Guess that's how crime rate' dropped as reported?

If you going report against a specific combination of A, P, and P, you may find yourself in centre of a ring of riot poodles from 'red car' even before you finish you report.

Please try and let us know outcome can?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they have so many LKY memorials, I think eventually people will tire of them of them especially with the coming recession.
With hardship people will get angry that they are unemployed & can't touch their CPF.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As the first anniversary of Lee Kuan Yew's death approaches, groups of Singaporeans are planning activities to commemorate the legacy of the country's founding prime minister.

At least 100 events are being organised by individuals and community groups for the month of March, People's Association (PA) deputy chairman Chan Chun Sing said during a visit to Yio Chu Kang Community Club on Wednesday

If I were still in Sinkieland, I will take the opportunity to get out of the Little Red Dot to avoid all these propaganda bullshit. Luckily I'm not stuck in Sinkieland :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;hzqhmuPmIhk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqhmuPmIhk[/video]

[video=youtube;fgQq0gqVrOc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgQq0gqVrOc[/video]

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they have so many LKY memorials, I think eventually people will tire of them of them especially with the coming recession.
With hardship people will get angry that they are unemployed & can't touch their CPF.

One easy way to resolve this - give sinkies a $50 voucher and they will be grateful. This method always work for the govt.