• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how to don't spend money and enjoy during retirement

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm consolidating some tips on this. So far thought of the below .please share if you happen to know more .spend a little bit is OK.

Watch Korean drama and media Corp and hk drama and online movies
Pcc
Go cbd area walk around in shorts and look at ol
Go fishing
Go swimming
Play hp games
Go window shopping
Go library read books and sleep enjoy the aircon
Go cc watch TV and tcss with ah Pek
Join some language course in cc cheap cheap type
Play musical instruments.
Travel around sg and eat nice and cheap hawker food

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well at least better than collecting cardboards , clearing tables and jaga building right.

The main objectives of this exercise is to break free from this manipulative society ASAP . Prefably before 45 years old. Isn't being a free man better than being a slave ? Regardless of how much money you have .

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm consolidating some tips on this. So far thought of the below .please share if you happen to know more .spend a little bit is OK.

Do something meaningful. Join the grassroots. Peoples' Association all the way!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Well at least better than collecting cardboards , clearing tables and jaga building right.

That could well be the case but why aim so low?

Set a target of a passive income of at least $100,000 per year upon retirement and if you fall slightly short you'll still be living a comfortable life.

If you set yourself a goal of being nothing more than slightly better off than a cardboard collector it'll be a self fulfilling prophecy.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That could well be the case but why aim so low?

Set a target of a passive income of at least $100,000 per year upon retirement and if you fall slightly short you'll still be living a comfortable life.

If you set yourself a goal of being nothing more than slightly better off than a cardboard collector it'll be a self fulfilling prophecy.

This exercise is more for normal sinkies sheep :biggrin:
For elite will not make much sense.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
chiew
even i sick i also work hard
1st, i think life is not all about enjoyment. but about how much i can achieve for my life
2nd i can earn good money, so i work hard and then can give family or donate charity
3rd if no working then i will be very bored. i rather to keep myself busy and occupied.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chiew
even i sick i also work hard
1st, i think life is not all about enjoyment. but about how much i can achieve for my life
2nd i can earn good money, so i work hard and then can give family or donate charity
3rd if no working then i will be very bored. i rather to keep myself busy and occupied.

Ok sis. If you enjoy work and work hard.and not manipulated by anyone then you should continue .it is a.blessing to be able to achieve this.
But not everyone can have this. Alot of people at slaves to some manipulator.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok sis. If you enjoy work and work hard.and not manipulated by anyone then you should continue .it is a.blessing to be able to achieve this.
But not everyone can have this. Alot of people at slaves to some manipulator.

well. less complain more gratitude.

i very sick, maybe soon may need dialysis. i also accept and dont blame on heaven or anybody.

for unhappiness, we should learn to accept and let it goes

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
go to RC read newspapers, watch tv, watch live football matches.
go to macdonald and taking their tissue papers, ketchup and black peppers.
go swimming in the public pool, taking bath and wash your dirty clothes there

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This exercise is more for normal sinkies sheep :biggrin:
For elite will not make much sense.

You don't need to be in the "elite" category in order to build a nest egg which ensures financial independence.

All you need to do is to set financial goals early in life and work hard towards achieving them.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't need to be in the "elite" category in order to build a nest egg which ensures financial independence.

All you need to do is to set financial goals early in life and work hard towards achieving them.

Too late liao boss. At school teachers should have taught us this valuable statement.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Watch Korean drama and media Corp and hk drama and online movies
Pcc
Go cbd area walk around in shorts and look at ol
Go fishing
Go swimming
Play hp games
Go window shopping
Go library read books and sleep enjoy the aircon
Go cc watch TV and tcss with ah Pek
Join some language course in cc cheap cheap type
Play musical instruments.
Travel around sg and eat nice and cheap hawker food

Spore is world's most expensive place in the world to live
So to have a decent lifestyle it will take lots of $$..$

I've lived here year most of my life & under LHL Spore now belongs to everyone except Sporeans. This is not likely to change as long as he's around. I've lived & work outside of Spore & can tell you there are better places out there.

So why limit yourself to only Spore :confused:

If you don't want to totally uproot yourself, an alternative is to partially quit Spore. I know people who only spend only 6 months in Spore. They spend just as much of the time in Australia, Bali, ..... Renting is a cheaper option. Buying a condo in places Pattaya is affordable with prices starting at SIN$50K.

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well. less complain more gratitude.

i very sick, maybe soon may need dialysis. i also accept and dont blame on heaven or anybody.

for unhappiness, we should learn to accept and let it goes
In this paragraph of yours, seems like you are also working like a slave type. Then I would recommend you to exit and take a deep thoughts of what I said. Human are not born to be a slave. Freedom is most important among health.