• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

General Thread on Myanmar

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Made a day trip to Yangon today, my very first time into Myanmar, morning go and afternoon back.

Be prepared to take one and a half hour to travel by taxi from airport to downtown. Traffic is very bad.

Noticed a strange thing, vehicle driven on the right side of a two ways road like Americans while many cars have steering wheel on the right like Singapore.

Yangon looks pretty dirty.

Its legendary that Myanmar's food is not so nice so was brought to a very famous restaurant known as King Duck a Chinese restaurant as told its how good and how good. Anyway I was not impress

This is what made this restaurant famous

Prawn saute

Spinach with mushrooms

Curry chicken - too thick

Too bad for my host I really did no enjoy the lunch, mai aroi.

Myanmar beer I am impressed cos its not over gassy and very smooth

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When your taxi turn into the airport terminal you will see this

Check-in counters

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was there in the early 90s, and the junta imposed on visitors to convert us$200 to foreign exchange certificates (fec) at 6 kyat to a dollar. the black market rate then was around 100 kyat to a dollar. at departure, every visitor was scrambling to dispose of their kyat balance by trading it for 200 kyat to a dollar. is this still happening at yangong airport?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
i was there in the early 90s, and the junta imposed on visitors to convert us$200 to foreign exchange certificates (fec) at 6 kyat to a dollar. the black market rate then was around 100 kyat to a dollar. at departure, every visitor was scrambling to dispose of their kyat balance by trading it for 200 kyat to a dollar. is this still happening at yangong airport?

You can change freely like any airport now in Yangon airport. Changed at 865 to S$1

chucky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went Yangon once, had the most hideous food I've ever eaten there. Even Cambodian food is better.

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yo Frog, got piak & piak kang tao there or not huh, btw burmese puying swee boh? Went to Laos once, the local chabor buay pai kwah, esp white skint one

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yo Frog, got piak & piak kang tao there or not huh, btw burmese puying swee boh? Went to Laos once, the local chabor buay pai kwah, esp white skint one

Was there on business arriving there at 9am and was at the airport at 2pm to fly back. Purely work.

Isaan or North East Thais are actually Laos too speaking the same language. But make dark skin.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
shwe dagon pagoda - definitely an impressive must-see and sacred place to visit. over 1000 years old. when i was there on jaga mission, came across many myanmar milf's seeking sanctuary and repentance there. one of them had cut off hubby's penis and was remorseful and alone, regretful that abusive phallic object was no more....both a blessing and curse. :eek:

image.jpg