• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is wrong with this BT article today?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
30 odd years ago, I worked for about 6 months at a Maroubra, Sydney, Caltex petrol station. Almost every day, we would be advised by Caltex HQ to have the prices changed, sometimes even twice a day. My job was to change the pump prices, then the number plates on the big Caltex signboard ...
dey pay u 2 wok @ most twice a day! ...

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
...only have to understand how many % of tax per litre by Agong...we will know there is no price fixing...
Huat aah...pappy..

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
30 odd years ago, I worked for about 6 months at a Maroubra, Sydney, Caltex petrol station. Almost every day, we would be advised by Caltex HQ to have the prices changed, sometimes even twice a day. My job was to change the pump prices, then the number plates on the big Caltex signboard.

I asked and was told there are Caltex staff going around to check on competitors' prices and adjust them if necessary. Now, that's real competition. The half arsed so-called competition in Singapore? Look no further than the telecoms.

that was 30 donkey years ago bro,back in the days of Mad MAx and the valleys of valhalla,america and australia was nothing but the dusty prairies and windy sandstorms of the wild wild west.back then cowboys carried sixshooters and the sand dunes was nothing more than a bloody battleground and no man's land for the oil prospectors and black gold hunters.things are more civilised now,there no need for blood like the classic movie "there will be blood".

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The article is a good example of Pappies ownself check ownself n the 70% voted for it..they deserve the shit tat pap is pouring on them..

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
it is correctly reported. there's no price collusion among petrol providers in sg. they all know not to rock the boat with a price war as sinkies will still pump 98 ron ron at premium prices for cars that only require 89. if they decrease the prices, sinkies will think the petrol is of low and dubious quality and will not quench the luxury thirst of their precious cars. :wink:

Cars in Singapore need min 92 and not 89. Engines are slightly modified for western counteries to take those type of low octane petrol

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cars in Singapore need min 92 and not 89. Engines are slightly modified for western counteries to take those type of low octane petrol

noted and thanks. noticed that kiosks in sg carry 3 types: 92, 95, 98. and those with cars almost always top up with 98, which is not necessary if they check the manual. in hk, they used to have 2 grades, 95 and 98, and they do away with 95 altogether and just sell 98 as there's no demand for 95 among motorists. hongkies like typical premium-minded chinks and sinkies are truly fucktards who die die must buy the highest grade at the highest price.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It may be beyond a dog's ability to be corrupted but naturally a dog obeys his master.

A very thoughtful yet strangely compelling argument Froggy. Dog is loyal and master is incorruptible. No wrongdoing then. :cool:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
noted and thanks. noticed that kiosks in sg carry 3 types: 92, 95, 98. and those with cars almost always top up with 98, which is not necessary if they check the manual. in hk, they used to have 2 grades, 95 and 98, and they do away with 95 altogether and just sell 98 as there's no demand for 95 among motorists. hongkies like typical premium-minded chinks and sinkies are truly fucktards who die die must buy the highest grade at the highest price.

I agree with you on this. But some people are just easily hookwinked by fancy marketing. How many car owners in Singapore ever read their car manual? They think by having higher means better without realising they are wasting.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
30 odd years ago, I worked for about 6 months at a Maroubra, Sydney, Caltex petrol station. Almost every day, we would be advised by Caltex HQ to have the prices changed, sometimes even twice a day. My job was to change the pump prices, then the number plates on the big Caltex signboard.

I asked and was told there are Caltex staff going around to check on competitors' prices and adjust them if necessary. Now, that's real competition. The half arsed so-called competition in Singapore? Look no further than the telecoms.

now, being in OZ made me realise that everything back in s'pore, you have to pay and pay, from car park to erp, ervy little damn thing cost you money. in here, driving to supermarket and parking in the car park won't cost you a dime.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
now, being in OZ made me realise that everything back in s'pore, you have to pay and pay, from car park to erp, ervy little damn thing cost you money. in here, driving to supermarket and parking in the car park won't cost you a dime.

Similar here in Thailand. Hell even you park in most downtown hotels and commercial buildings is free with a stamp on your ticket, only have to pay for the cheap gasoline, also Singapore everything and everywhere is so uptight and serious.

However Singapore is super clean and efficient so please don't come stay in Thailand it's dirty and inefficient and backward please stay in hiso Singapore. Come holiday and shopping but please don't stay too long, Singapore da best.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Silly man. If you don't pay, how to pay for my salary?:confused:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
and in so doing americans become diy hands-on experts and tradesmen who can survive and improvise to outlast a disaster when shit hits the fan. sinkies on the other hand rely on cheap foreign labor to do the dirty work (their towkays are fellow sinkies who hire cheap foreign labor at dealerships and auto repair shops) while paying hefty sums to sinkie conmen, but they proclaim on every online auto forum that they know more than the average american when it cums to auto matters. i like to see one of these so called "experts" change a tire.

From about 6 years ago, i started not needing to change tyre when having a flat unless the tyre or its side wall is already torn. Fixed about 8 tyres including those of friends, only cases it can't help much is when there is multiple holes or holes too close to each other to seal properly.

Just get the tyre repair kit from Tesco and buy a inflation kit (powered by 12v dc cigarette lighter). Less than 40 RM in most cases and good to have in the car. There was one case where we didn't have the repair kit and just the inflation one. Every 3-5km, we would stop and inflate back and go (rinse and repeat). Managed to get to the tyre shop and paid 5 RM for the tyre repair.

Most tyre shops even the most heartless ones will still inflate your tyre even when near or at closing time for goodwill.

For the inflation kit, as long as you don't turn it on for more than 10 minutes at a time, most will last you a long time. Just remove the nail, fix the hole and pump back to the norm. Back on the road in 15 minutes max. Or if you have a can of instant tyre fix, will be slightly faster. Connect it, invert the can before opening the valve and go but ensure the hole where the nail was removed is rolled facing down and partially or sealed by the road first before using it for better effect/larger holes.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Similar here in Thailand. Hell even you park in most downtown hotels and commercial buildings is free with a stamp on your ticket, only have to pay for the cheap gasoline, also Singapore everything and everywhere is so uptight and serious.

However Singapore is super clean and efficient so please don't come stay in Thailand it's dirty and inefficient and backward please stay in hiso Singapore. Come holiday and shopping but please don't stay too long, Singapore da best.

Thailand is and always has been a very viable place to go. In fact, i was looking at a few places prior to making Johor home.