• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is wrong with this BT article today?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

1. Its horseshit there's no price fixing of gasoline in Singapore
2. This article is about Singapore why have angmoh working as gas attendant? Unprofessional reporting.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you want higher prices for gasoline to tax the rich or higher GST @ 15% for those poor lazy & daft sinkies?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is correctly reported. there's no price collusion among petrol providers in sg. they all know not to rock the boat with a price war as sinkies will still pump 98 ron ron at premium prices for cars that only require 89. if they decrease the prices, sinkies will think the petrol is of low and dubious quality and will not quench the luxury thirst of their precious cars. :wink:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is correctly reported. there's no price collusion among petrol providers in sg. they all know not to rock the boat with a price war as sinkies will still pump 98 ron ron at premium prices for cars that only require 89. if they decrease the prices, sinkies will think the petrol is of low and dubious quality and will not quench the luxury thirst of their precious cars. :wink:

There's no one who understands daft sinkies as well as eatshitndie.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's no one who understands daft sinkies as well as eatshitndie.

thank you. it's very easy to con sinkies. they're morons for manipulative marketing magic. if an okt were to advertise this "unique, once-in-a-lifetime, no-one-ever-cum-close" chick exclusively as "young, nubile, just-broken-in virgin" for $699 a shot, and claim that the wait and line are long, sinkie uncles would fall for it and bid higher to get ahead of the line. :p :biggrin: :eek:

image.jpg

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
You question the findings of the Competition Commission, Froggy? Are you implying CCS is corrupt, or incompetent?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

You are comparing apples and oranges. Live in the states so long and still can't tell the difference? Singapore petrol is calculated based on RON. US petrol is calculated based on AKI (R+M/2). Therefore, because the US calculation is the average of the RON and MON numbers, US premuim petrol is always 6 Octane lower. eg. 98 RON in Singapore = 92 in US. But its the same performance. Only in singapore, numb nuts run their cheap pieces of shits like Kias on 98 RON, when they are designed for the lowest grade of petrol. Nowadays, all modern cars have such good anti knock sensors, you can even put in low grade petrol in a Lexus. No difference in performance, other then fuel mileage is worse.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are comparing apples and oranges. Live in the states so long and still can't tell the difference? Singapore petrol is calculated based on RON. US petrol is calculated based on AKI (R+M/2). Therefore, because the US calculation is the average of the RON and MON numbers, US premuim petrol is always 6 Octane lower. eg. 98 RON in Singapore = 92 in US. But its the same performance. Only in singapore, numb nuts run their cheap pieces of shits like Kias on 98 RON, when they are designed for the lowest grade of petrol. Nowadays, all modern cars have such good anti knock sensors, you can even put in low grade petrol in a Lexus. No difference in performance, other then fuel mileage is worse.

majority of sinkie auto owners are truly numb nuts. can't 100% blame them as they are in reality ignorant fools claiming to be world's best car enthusiasts who have never used a 3-ton jack and crawled under car to do some dirty repairs, even a simple oil change. all they need to do is read the manual or recommended fuel label on the refuel port when they top it up. i bet you they don't even get out of car when it's being refueled by a bangla or jiu hu kia. in the u.s., we have neighbors helping neighbors with minor auto repairs, services and maintenance.

image.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
majority of sinkie auto owners are truly numb nuts. can't 100% blame them as they are in reality ignorant fools claiming to be world's best car enthusiasts who have never used a 3-ton jack and crawled under car to do some dirty repairs, even a simple oil change. all they need to do is read the manual or recommended fuel label on the refuel port when they top it up. i bet you they don't even get out of car when it's being refueled by a bangla or jiu hu kia. in the u.s., we have neighbors helping neighbors with minor auto repairs, services and maintenance.

that is only because americans are poor,they drive a shitty $5k ford fiesta or pontiac,and can barely afford to pay the bills and rent.whenever something breaks or breaks down,the carburettor or the radiator or alternator or whatever im not a car expert, they have to come up with creative solution to fix the problem or go to the local walmart or home depot to look for replacement parts to diy themselves.sinkies can simply go down to the dealership and ask them to change tires for $400 no problem.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

View attachment 25701

Even if they know something about cars, where would they do basic stuff like oil change? In a HDB parking structure? U talk shit lah. Unless u are living in a landed property in singapore with your own driveway, there is no where to do oil changes and such. Even after you have done it, where do you dump the dirty oil and filter?. I think u better come back to singapore and see whether any of your help neighbours do shit is possible or not. Many years ago, I used to do the oil change, and tune up, etc on my own car. But that was when I was in the SAF. All armour trained officers know vehicles, and the MT line can pop you car up on the ramp for you. Now all the oil filters in most modern cars are accessible from the bottom, so its inconvenient as shit to change it. I stop doing my own maintenance on my car long ago. For basic oil changes and what not, I do it in singapore. For higher ticket items, I do it in JB. P.S. i suggest u switch to a car ramp instead of a 3 ton jack for safety reasons.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
that is only because americans are poor,they drive a shitty $5k ford fiesta or pontiac,and can barely afford to pay the bills and rent.whenever something breaks or breaks down,the carburettor or the radiator or alternator or whatever im not a car expert, they have to come up with creative solution to fix the problem or go to the local walmart or home depot to look for replacement parts to diy themselves.sinkies can simply go down to the dealership and ask them to change tires for $400 no problem.

That is why I go to JB for my tires. $400 a pop is ridiculous.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

and in so doing americans become diy hands-on experts and tradesmen who can survive and improvise to outlast a disaster when shit hits the fan. sinkies on the other hand rely on cheap foreign labor to do the dirty work (their towkays are fellow sinkies who hire cheap foreign labor at dealerships and auto repair shops) while paying hefty sums to sinkie conmen, but they proclaim on every online auto forum that they know more than the average american when it cums to auto matters. i like to see one of these so called "experts" change a tire.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Its horseshit there's no price fixing of gasoline in Singapore
2. This article is about Singapore why have angmoh working as gas attendant? Unprofessional reporting.

Angmos pump their own gas! No gas attendents needed except for collecting money. This guy is not the gas attendent lah. The picture is from Bloomberg.

Gas prices has gone down so much.

One litre is approaching one dollar man.

Its one to one ratio.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if they know something about cars, where would they do basic stuff like oil change? In a HDB parking structure? U talk shit lah. Unless u are living in a landed property in singapore with your own driveway, there is no where to do oil changes and such. Even after you have done it, where do you dump the dirty oil and filter?. I think u better come back to singapore and see whether any of your help neighbours do shit is possible or not. Many years ago, I used to do the oil change, and tune up, etc on my own car. But that was when I was in the SAF. All armour trained officers know vehicles, and the MT line can pop you car up on the ramp for you. Now all the oil filters in most modern cars are accessible from the bottom, so its inconvenient as shit to change it. I stop doing my own maintenance on my car long ago. For basic oil changes and what not, I do it in singapore. For higher ticket items, I do it in JB. P.S. i suggest u switch to a car ramp instead of a 3 ton jack for safety reasons.

of course, oil change at jiffy lube is so jiffy and affordable these days that i don't do oil change by myself anymore, even though i have own garage and driveway (in fact 6 garages and 3 driveways in several properties). spent oil disposable is easily done at a lube station or oil recycling center. some gas stations collect them for a small fee. moreover, i use full synthetic for all my autos, and they're around the same price per quart at lube stations compared to those at auto parts stores. jiffy lube pumps or sucks out my spent oil to remove residue, and that helps to drain and clean out the reservoir better than i can manually. for tire rotation and balancing, america tires do it every 6000 miles for free, thus i don't need to do it myself anymore as i get older. the only times these days i'll get under the hood or whole cars are when i need to check old parts, engine, brakes and suspension on my old car collection. we don't typically dispose of older autos (over 10 years) like sinkies do in sg. we keep them as spares, for underprivileged children, or for sentimental (collector) values. and thanks for the tip on the jack. i'll need to replace it with a ramp.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Angmos pump their own gas! No gas attendents needed except for collecting money. This guy is not the gas attendent lah. The picture is from Bloomberg.

Gas prices has gone down so much.

One litre is approaching one dollar man.

Its one to one ratio.

in some states such as new jersey it is by law that only gas attendants can pump it for you.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You question the findings of the Competition Commission, Froggy? Are you implying CCS is corrupt, or incompetent?

It may be beyond a dog's ability to be corrupted but naturally a dog obeys his master.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Thais same same for Thais everything workshop workshop workshop. Pump petrol sit inside engine still running and talking in phone despite signs all over to turn off engine. Tell them cannot use mobile they'll tell you it's ok when inside car :*:

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
30 odd years ago, I worked for about 6 months at a Maroubra, Sydney, Caltex petrol station. Almost every day, we would be advised by Caltex HQ to have the prices changed, sometimes even twice a day. My job was to change the pump prices, then the number plates on the big Caltex signboard.

I asked and was told there are Caltex staff going around to check on competitors' prices and adjust them if necessary. Now, that's real competition. The half arsed so-called competition in Singapore? Look no further than the telecoms.