• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is ch5 tanglin supposed to be a English or Malay drama ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why throughout the episodes I keep hearing Sayang, abang :confused: they are not speaking in proper English and neither in singlish. Is like a combination of English, singlish and Malayu named as malayish:*:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You're still watching meadiacorp?
resized_success-kid-meme-generator-hey-you-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-483869.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be honest i doubt singlish has that much m&d in it or rather maybe only the m&ds speak singlish with that much m&d words. In any case it's not authentic singlish.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be honest i doubt singlish has that much m&d in it or rather maybe only the m&ds speak singlish with that much m&d words. In any case it's not authentic singlish.

I'm confused with marchik calling a Chinese mother friend Sayang and speaking in malayish. Sisters calling kakak and speaking in malayish. Ch8 old man speaking in broken chinese style english Stinkapore does not have this culture. Is a kiam chye dialogues altogther Which producer produced his own world of communications.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm confused with marchik calling a Chinese mother friend Sayang and speaking in malayish. Sisters calling kakak and speaking in malayish. Ch8 old man speaking in broken chinese style english Stinkapore does not have this culture. Is a kiam chye dialogues altogther Which producer produced his own world of communications.

Alamak it's just one more way of pandering to the m&ds/shit skins on channel 5 as you know to somehow prevent the evil racist chinese from taking over sinkie culture so of course they need to have have chinese/every non malay speak english but laced with m&d in it as ch 5 is still an english speaking channel.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak it's just one more way of pandering to the m&ds/shit skins on channel 5 as you know to somehow prevent the evil racist chinese from taking over sinkie culture so of course they need to have have chinese/every non malay speak english but laced with m&d in it as ch 5 is still an english speaking channel.

Come into door...assalamalaikum ...
tumblr_lhew5mdffr1qzu186o1_500.png

Last edited:

Cream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why throughout the episodes I keep hearing Sayang, abang :confused: they are not speaking in proper English and neither in singlish. Is like a combination of English, singlish and Malayu named as malayish:*:

Who watches TV nowadays? You pioneer generation? :biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u comprain wat? ...

dey stil haven put in pinoy, thigh, bangla, vietcong, etc ... languages ...