• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

‘No pork’ restaurants can be penalised for trying to confuse Muslims: M’sian official

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
‘No pork’ restaurants can be penalised for trying to confuse Muslims: M’sian official

Mohd-Roslan-Mahayudin.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR — The Domestic Trade, Consumerism and Co-operatives Ministry in Malaysia can act against restaurants with “no pork” sign, purportedly for attempting to deceive Muslim consumers into dining there, Malaysian daily Berita Harian (BH) reported today (Feb 13).

An enforcement director told the newspaper that the sign does not mean a restaurant is classified “halal” or permissible under Islam, and thus action can be taken under Sections 28 and 29 of the Trade Descriptions Act 2011 for attempting to confuse Muslims through Quranic verses and objects.

“Consumers must remember the ‘pork free’ sign does not mean it is halal. So don’t be deceived if there are many Muslims eating in that restaurant.

“Consumers must be cautious on the definition of halal-certified food,” enforcement director Mohd Roslan Mahayudin said in the report.

Section 28 in the Act deals with terms and expressions used in relation to goods or services, while Section 29 touches on informative marking and certification orders.

Under Section 28, a company can be fined not more than RM5 million for first offence, while an offender that is not a corporate body can be fined not more than RM1 million (S$336,744) or jailed not more than three years.

Under Section 29, a company can be fined not more than RM200,000 for first offence, while an offender that is not a corporate body can be fined not more than RM100,000 or jailed not more than three years.

Mr Mohd Roslan said it is not easy to get a halal certification by the department of Malaysian Islamic Development Department (Jakim), pointing that it requires operators to meet several criteria in order to get the approval.

“The chef must be clean from all dirt. A restaurant is not necessarily halal just because it doesn’t serve pork,” he was reported as saying.

The newspaper also quoted Malaysian Islamic Consumer Association (PPIM) as urging Federation of Malaysian Consumer Association to act on restaurants with “no pork” signs, saying that it raises doubts on whether food and beverages in these premises meet the criteria of Jakim standards.

“The issue of halal is a much talked about matter...besides the halal certification which has been constantly exploited by certain parties... now we have this ‘no pork’ sign that is raising all sorts of perceptions and different meanings.

“Maybe they feel the sign of ‘no pork’ and ‘pork-free’ shows a restaurant is halal but this incorrect as the halal certification comes from Jakim only,” PPIM chief Nadzim Johan said.

In August 2014, PPIM had urged authorities to compel food outlets to display their halal or non-halal signs more prominently to protect Arab tourists ignorant of Malaysia’s cultural diversity.

In the same report, BH said its own survey found that only one of the 10 restaurants surveyed at a mall here had Jakim’s halal certification displayed while nine others only had the “no pork” sign.

BH reported a restaurant operator explaining that the “pork free” sign was just a way of telling its consumers that it does not serve dishes with pork and that it had not applied for halal certification with Jakim. THE MALAY MAIL ONLINE

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: ‘No pork’ restaurants can be penalised for trying to confuse Muslims: M’sian offi

I always thought Muslims are brain dead and it's impossible to confuse them.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: ‘No pork’ restaurants can be penalised for trying to confuse Muslims: M’sian offi

What sickens me is the number of non Muslims and chinese dogs who will give in to their demands

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Another proof that Muslims are brain dead.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What sickens me is the number of non Muslims and chinese dogs who will give in to their demands

agree too many chinese dogs giving in to their demands,i demand kfc and mcdonalds to start serving bacon and pork now.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

agree too many chinese dogs giving in to their demands,i demand kfc and mcdonalds to start serving bacon and pork now.

Wow chinese dog why you change things around? You would be agreeing how correct these laws are and demand that they be prosecuted for lying to muslims. Now you try to change things around?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

why penalize or blame these restaurants :confused:
they only state that they don't serve pork or lard, and doesn't pretend that they're halal - it's the m&ds that're confused.
it could also be that the m&ds use this as a pretext to enter these restaurants - for the booze :wink:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

they only state that they don't serve pork or lard, and doesn't pretend that they're halal - it's the m&ds that're confused.
it could also be that the m&ds use this as a pretext to enter these restaurants - for the booze :wink:

It's in their Islamic teaching to blame others but not themselves. So they are just following Islamic teachings of blaming others.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Why would a chink restaurant or bakery not serve pork or lard? The only religion that bans pork products is Islam. So, a 'no pork, no lard' sign is clearly targeted at Muslim consumers. We see that 'no pork, no lard' sign frequently in Singapore too. Clearly, the business owner does not want to invest time and effort to get halal certification, and just wants a short-cut. Typical of chinks to have no scruples and harms consumers just because they want to make an extra buck.

Halal food operators must also be free of dirt. Your chink food operators are usually covered in dirt.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If they dont want to appeal to m&d customers than y be pork free? You r either halal or u r not...frankly i wont eat in a pork free restaurant.

Last edited:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pls excuse em, i made payment once at a Govt Office counter in Mudland, the amt was 25.6 so i gave the Chap 30.60 he ask me why im paying him over the stated amt? So i told him to ret me 5 ringgit, he look stunned and started to use his calculator, turn to me and said, lain kali tak boleh, tahu!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, the matland chinks are very sneaky. Trying to lead astray good Muslims from their faith. No pork does not mean halal ok?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yes, the matland chinks are very sneaky. Trying to lead astray good Muslims from their faith. No pork does not mean halal ok?

UMNO thinks that matland Muslims are so easily confused between halal and pork free? Come on! UMNO is in self denial again!!

The fact is, some Muslims are not strict about halal diet, so as long as they "do not see pork" they will just eat.

So UMNO should quit blaming the matland Chinese and Indians but start educating their fellow Muslims to eat halal food whatsoever.

Anyway, Tonychat, thank you and your ball-parents for giving your support to UMNO all these years!! Happy?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's a business issue. You put " no pork " sign, Jakim earns nothing. They earn money with their " halal" label which they have monopoly. Food will cost more to pay for their certification.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's easier and cheaper for KFC and McDonald to synergies their supply with malaysian counterparts. If they serve pork,than they will need to find new source.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

UMNO thinks that matland Muslims are so easily confused between halal and pork free? Come on! UMNO is in self denial again!!

The fact is, some Muslims are not strict about halal diet, so as long as they "do not see pork" they will just eat.

So UMNO should quit blaming the matland Chinese and Indians but start educating their fellow Muslims to eat halal food whatsoever.

Anyway, Tonychat, thank you and your ball-parents for giving your support to UMNO all these years!! Happy?

It's s JAKIM monopoly issue. They do not earn a cent from rogue " no pork" sign.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pls excuse em, i made payment once at a Govt Office counter in Mudland, the amt was 25.6 so i gave the Chap 30.60 he ask me why im paying him over the stated amt? So i told him to ret me 5 ringgit, he look stunned and started to use his calculator, turn to me and said, lain kali tak boleh, tahu!

Thais happens because Chinese people repeatedly cheated the Malays. So they have to double check.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

and please dont bring a non halal cake into a halal rest. also.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

If they dont want to appeal to m&d customers than y be pork free? You r either halal or u r not...frankly i wont eat in a pork free restaurant.

There are some Chinese who do not eat pork. It makes them sick. So pork free restaurants will be a boon for this minority.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you go to hotel coffee shops, they do not have halal certificates either. They serve alcohol. So why make it difficult for small operators but ignore big corporates.m