• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yusheng Thread

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I love yusheng. Disappointed my first yusheng at Long Beach 2 nights ago was not served with fresh sashimi but instead little abalone, stupid manager told me cannot serve fresh sashimi cos will “cut hand cut leg" if sashimi have "poison" I was like wtf.

So as the saying goes "no fish prawn also can"

Love the yusheng in Long Beach the sauce they also use pineapple jam freshly made

Abalone yusheng

Yesterday before leaving the country had lunch at another of my fav restaurant and was served Teochew yusheng, this is more like a salad with lots of greens

Pleasantly surprised this restaurant served fresh salmon cut into coin shape signifying gold coins, nice touch.

Before lou

Looks great isn't it?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Had a great meal at Long Beach with a few other dishes like bamboo clams, chili crab, salted egg prawns and steam grouper

While you're at East Ocean please don't miss their cold crab

Don't need to go for expensive and exotic soups just order a 老火汤 will be great

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yusheng is a lousy representative to symbolize any culture, more so when it is a signature dish for a major festive occasion.

It does not require fine or advanced culinary skills to prepare. Is cheap (ingredients-wise) and lack of sophisticated preparatory steps does not display culinary skills any self-respecting chef would feel honored to be associated with.

The way of consuming yusheng is loud and gaudy, brash and noisy. Encourages belligerent behaviour with all that shouting and flaunting display of festive cheer. And is messy as well. It is not humble, nor quiet, well-mannered. More suitable for barbarians at some conquest over an enemy.

I don't know about you, my fellow Nanyang chinks, I prefer a little less noise and rowdiness at dinner time.

Cheers!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Great food.

Happy Lunar new year!

Don't worry, cut hand cut leg is only for sinkiefied singaporeans. Those who are no longer sinkiefied, can eat without cutting hand or leg (cut cock not sure)