• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

King of Laksa? Laksa Sarawak!!!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Whatever Sinkie eat, malaysian also eat. Same thing. Ikan Bakar, laksa, chicken rice, bak Kut Teh...... No use quarreling. We are the same . Only politics keeps us apart.

According to my Thai friends, Malaysia food taste better than sinkie food in general. And i agree.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;XXymkzNu30Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXymkzNu30Y[/video]

Mark Weins loves SG laksa.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
For South-East Asian cuisine, Singapore is too small to represent food(s) of the region, at best Singapore could be a central hub to introduce/showcase global cuisines, but nothing authentic, or traditional, for this, Malaysia with its larger geographical distribution has an advantage over Peesai. For instance, take Satay, and look at the variety of types found in Indonesian islands compared to Singapore. Or Bak Kut The in Singapore compared with what's available across the causeway. Living and growing up in Singapore, one gets accustomed to Singapore's flavours and this becomes the "standard" taste of the foods, but to someone else from other country, it is not.

Cheers!

According to my Thai friends, Malaysia food taste better than sinkie food in general. And i agree.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually, gambir sarawak is bestest, can go to their longhouse for long time....
if you're tall, mind your head or if the girl's father has skulls in his collection - make it an extremely short time :cool:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually, gambir sarawak is bestest, can go to their longhouse for long time....
if you're tall, mind your head or if the girl's father has skulls in his collection - make it an extremely short time :cool:

Gambir is natural and good....downside can't do cunninglingus....beware of fakes.....best to go cut your own.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Happened to pass by a Singapore restaurant this noon along Pracha Utit Road at Meng Chai/Huay Khwang area saw their laksa so tried

How is it? In Thai we have a term, "gin-dai", literal translation is "eat can" or can eat, a very polite way to say its not so nice. 80 baht or $3.20 I'd say its worth as the portion is big comes with lots of tau-pok and chicken meat and fishcake slices. But then its funny when they put fried shallots into it and also don't have laksa leaves which is easily available in Thailand. Oh and there no cockles.