• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Businessman gave fake Rolex watches as gifts to politicians

Lavender

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aussie ex-PM gifted designer watches worth HK$221k each, accepted them believing they were fake

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 10 February, 2016, 4:16pm
UPDATED : Wednesday, 10 February, 2016, 4:16pm

AP

e2a9efd6-cfcd-11e5-a371-05d2ff0b4d8d_1280x720.jpg

The real thing: a Rolex akin to the watches given to some of Australia’s top leaders. Photo: SCMP Pictures

Australia’s former prime minister and two other politicians were gifted designer watches by a Chinese businessman — but initially kept them only because they thought the AU$40,000 (HK$221,000) timepieces were fake.

The Herald Sun newspaper reported Wednesday that former Prime Minister Tony Abbott and fellow Liberal party lawmakers Stuart Robert and Ian Macfarlane received the watches in 2013 when their party was in opposition. Macfarlane told the paper that a representative of China’s Li Guancheng Investment Group gave them the watches in a plastic bag during an informal dinner.

Macfarlane said they believed the watches were fake. Then last year a fellow lawmaker with a real Rolex pointed out the watch Macfarlane wore looked genuine. After realising it was, Macfarlane said he, Abbott and Robert returned the watches.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Macfarlane said they believed the watches were fake. Then last year a fellow lawmaker with a real Rolex pointed out the watch Macfarlane wore looked genuine. After realising it was, Macfarlane said he, Abbott and Robert returned the watches.

This fella said he believe watch was fake and then wore this "fake" watch for more than a year until he was pointed out . . . . come on who is he kidding?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Worked for Aussie angmohs for many years found that among the angmohs in the world they are the real scums, at the bottom. Rude and prone to corruption saw with my own eyes they go overseas for sourcing trips demanding suppliers to supply then alcohol and girls openly and before the signing of contracts demanded angpows. Really low class bunch.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Worked for Aussie angmohs for many years found that among the angmohs in the world they are the real scums, at the bottom. Rude and prone to corruption saw with my own eyes they go overseas for sourcing trips demanding suppliers to supply then alcohol and girls openly and before the signing of contracts demanded angpows. Really low class bunch.

Did they get what they demamnded:smile:

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
...yup froggy..you are damn rite to point this up...have quite a few waitresses working for me before..only 2(italian blood) of them are better workers...the rest are very 'keng"..n lazy...That is probably what the social security nutured them to be...

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
After what happened in Malaysia, you know how lousy these politicians are when it comes to lying.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Did they get what they demamnded:smile:

They got what they wanted. Thing is they asked from their targeted factories and each one got to up the amount as in like bidding, this makes the Taiwanese mad, very mad.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
After what happened in Malaysia, you know how lousy these politicians are when it comes to lying.

No one could beat those UMNO politicians in mat land; super wrigglers, able to twist and turn at every corner and still remain free to wriggle.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is the real world ... it happens every where and the difference is between getting caught and then sacked and getting away scot free with greasy palms. The tiongs, ah nehs and pinoys are infamously known for having greasy palms.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...yup froggy..you are damn rite to point this up...have quite a few waitresses working for me before..only 2(italian blood) of them are better workers...the rest are very 'keng"..n lazy...That is probably what the social security nutured them to be...
aussie twats are good and real handy if you have a disco or niteclub...they make excellent door bitches :wink:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's true. I worked with many for a few years and that's my finding too. Very rude and corrupted to rent out company space for their own profit. If they don't like you, that's when you will see their true colours to complain to boss and make life extremely difficult for you. Basically behaved like low class thugs, nothing like those advanced and well mannered Americans, Europeans or even Russian angmohs that I worked with previously.

jw5

Loyal
So their "logic" is that real (very expensive) watches have to be returned but fake (less expensive) watches can be kept? :rolleyes:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if the watches are fake, should they even accept the gifts? The genuineness of the watches is immaterial.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This is the real world ... it happens every where and the difference is between getting caught and then sacked and getting away scot free with greasy palms. The tiongs, ah nehs and pinoys are infamously known for having greasy palms.

Aiyo please don't compare with Asians la we're discussing about how dirty aussie can be not compare with Asians la, I agree it happens everywhere.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

" Mine is a donation... don't anyhow say! "

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Aiyo please don't compare with Asians la we're discussing about how dirty aussie can be not compare with Asians la, I agree it happens everywhere.

Seeing how bigboss posted after froggy wrote about how dirtty aussies can be shows the sort of die die need to save ang moh face type of mentality that non aussies or non ang mohs have for ang mohs. Imagine if froggy was writing about tiongs like that. I can bet 100% bigboss wouldn't even come in to save their asses and cook up some excuse for them.