• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are you a BiHun?

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Xinhuanet
Around China: Chinese bachelors stave off parental pressure for marrige with subway ad
Source: Xinhua 2016-02-09
[Editor: huaxia]

BEIJING, Feb. 9 (Xinhua) -- Growing parental pressure for marriage has prompted staunch Chinese bachelors and bachelorettes to blow off steam through a subway advertisement.

"Dear mom and dad. The world is big and the ways of life are many. You can also be happy being single," said an advertisement adorned with a cartoon girl, lanterns and firecrackers against a bright orange background.

The ad has been on display since early February at a subway station in downtown Beijing. The 38,000 yuan (around 5, 783 U.S. dollars) required for the ad was raised through online alliance formed by a group of young Chinese with shared experience in being pressed by their parents to get married.

For young, single Chinese, the pressure to get married, known in Chinese as 'bihun', usually becomes bigger as they travel home during this time of the year for the Spring Festival family reunion, where parents, grandparents and other relatives badger them about their personal life.

A recent poll shows 86 percent of young Chinese aged between 25 to 35 years old have been pressed by their parents to get married.

Han Deqian, a 33-year-old bachelor and one of the organizers of the alliance, said his parents began pressuring him to tie the knot since he was 25.

"Growing up, I was never on the same page with my parents when it comes to marriage," Han said. "Back in high school, my parents told me not to have a girlfriend. But after I graduated from college, they suddenly became anxious about me not seeing anyone."

Han said he wanted to use the ad to raise more public awareness about the generational rift over singlehood, which Peking University sociologist Qiu Zeqi said came as young people living open, diverse lifestyles in big cities are increasingly drifting away from traditional family values.

"I don't like the word 'bihun'," said Shen Yifei, another sociologist from Shanghai Fudan University. "It puts two generations on opposing stances when in fact it is the Chinese way of showing care to your personal life, a virtue rarely found in western societies."

The solution, Shen suggests, is for the younger generation to find a better way to handle such well-intended inquiries.

That is probably something Han needs to work at as he expects to brace a fresh wave of questions over his singlehood during his trip back home this Spring Festival.

[Editor: huaxia]

Copyright © 2000 - 2016 XINHUANET.com
All Rights Reserved.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jw5 - hope you have mastered the sit, down n stay commands by now. Trust me you can. Thereafter will teach you to roll over, shake hand and pai pai. If mentally challenged mongrels can, you can too!

jw5

Loyal
Pity your bitchy wife only mastered the panties down legs up command when her ang mo masters orders her. This is the result of being married to a Manipulative Yet Needy Bitchy Gullible Moron like you.

Jw5 - hope you have mastered the sit, down n stay commands by now. Trust me you can. Thereafter will teach you to roll over, shake hand and pai pai. If mentally challenged mongrels can, you can too!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
BiHun, or MGTOW or FGTOWs are nothing but losers. They usually have poor social skills, not successful in their careers, poor and are physically unattractive. That's the real reason behind their singleton status.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pity your bitchy wife only mastered the panties down legs up command when her ang mo masters orders her. This is the result of being married to a Manipulative Yet Needy Bitchy Gullible Moron like you.

Spot on mongrel! Two of your cronies PMed me in the past to describe your character after mtg you in-person. Know what they said? You are a manipulative yet needy mongrel who craves for attention and tried but failed to be a leader of your pack. That is why none of them wants to be in your company anymore. Pitiful.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BiHun, or MGTOW or FGTOWs are nothing but losers. They usually have poor social skills, not successful in their careers, poor and are physically unattractive. That's the real reason behind their singleton status.

Why must you describe JW5 for all to read?

jw5

Loyal
Not true manipulative cunt <scroobal> aka <GoldenDragon>, cos I have never met anyone in this forum. :wink:

Spot on mongrel! Two of your cronies PMed me in the past to describe your character after mtg you in-person. Know what they said? You are a manipulative yet needy mongrel who craves for attention and tried but failed to be a leader of your pack. That is why none of them wants to be in your company anymore. Pitiful.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not true manipulative cunt <scroobal> aka <GoldenDragon>, cos I have never met anyone in this forum. :wink:

Hahahaha ............. Those who attended your gatherings and still here will be judging you mongrel! Didn't you tell him to assist you to bring down your enemy scroobal? The man who made your Wife songsong to Jurong? A feat you failed to achieve? Joker lah you! Know the meaning of cuckold? Wearing green hat? Hahahahaaaaa ... And yes me is scroo. Screw your spouse.

jw5

Loyal
Mark Andrew Yeo is behind the monikers <scroobal> and <GoldenDragon>, among many others. :wink:

Hahahaha ............. Those who attended your gatherings and still here will be judging you mongrel! Didn't you tell him to assist you to bring down your enemy scroobal? The man who made your Wife songsong to Jurong? A feat you failed to achieve? Joker lah you! Know the meaning of cuckold? Wearing green hat? Hahahahaaaaa ... And yes me is scroo. Screw your spouse.