• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pinky says recession is here but no worries.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP can solve all the issues. He do not expect any recession worst than 2008. But actually in 2008 sinkapore was not greatly affected due to QE policies from USA. The west was more affected in 2008 than in asia. But now asia has pick up massive amount of debts from US cheap monetary policies.:o:biggrin:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry. Retirement age will b raised to 60 and your cpf will b held further because more people picked cardboard as exercise n likely lived longer

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most sinkies emerged from the recessions relatively unscathed. Some, including my wife and I, managed to pick up some cheap properties and stocks during the downturns. Relax. PAP will guide Singapore safely through the recession like they always had.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most sinkies emerged from the recessions relatively unscathed. Some, including my wife and I, managed to pick up some cheap properties and stocks during the downturns. Relax. PAP will guide Singapore safely through the recession like they always had.

now sinkies are totally in debts. i think it will be hard for alot of them to escape unscathed this time.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singapore economy is retarded,during 2008 recession we pay foreign companies money to keep sinkies employed,tens and tens of billions,might as well just give the money to sinkies,10k each and let us stimulate the economy ourselves.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
singapore economy is retarded,during 2008 recession we pay foreign companies money to keep sinkies employed,tens and tens of billions,might as well just give the money to sinkies,10k each and let us stimulate the economy ourselves.

u mean reimburse companies to keep pr hired?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, the reality is that for those over 45 years , once they are retrenched, it is extremely hard for them to get back into employment in today's environment. Unless, one is rich enough to retire, a number of them still have to find jobs to sustain their livelihood or to pay off their debts. Either they have to accept a lower pay which most of them have no other choice but even so, many companies have a glass ceiling on hiring older workers or they are compelled to work overseas away from friends and families.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
What he meant is he is not worried as he is still paid his multi-million dollar...as for you sinkess...u die is your business.
Now don't complain ,that is what sinkees voted for Pinky .

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, the reality is that for those over 45 years , once they are retrenched, it is extremely hard for them to get back into employment in today's environment. Unless, one is rich enough to retire, a number of them still have to find jobs to sustain their livelihood or to pay off their debts. Either they have to accept a lower pay which most of them have no other choice but even so, many companies have a glass ceiling on hiring older workers or they are compelled to work overseas away from friends and families.

The reality is with the same amount of salary, firms will rather give the job to a foreigner rather than hire a local sinkie even if he is willing to take such a pay.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reality is with the same amount of salary, firms will rather give the job to a foreigner rather than hire a local sinkie even if he is willing to take such a pay.

Darned ... is that right ? I thought MOM has a new gimmick to advertise jobs first to Singaporeans before FT.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your wife ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What LHL means is that since the PAP has won the GE, they can relax & wayang until the next GE.

The majority of Sporeans are considered as "Lesser mortals" & we are just digits to the PAP.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
why worry when he still gets his millions in salaries and bonuses along with his cronies............... only non papigs should be worrying

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With what? Our investment is down by a few hundred billions thanks to Ho Jinx.