• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This CNY is very quiet

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spore still has many old people. They out number the young. Just that these old people now have to tighten their belts.

If business is poor many Malls, businesses,... have to cut back on events like lion dances. During ths Xmas we already saw that the Xmas decorations was less lavish.

It's possible that we may have been outnumbered by Tiongs, and with Tiongs returning to their homeland for CNY, a temporary vacuum is created, which explains the quiet streets in Chinatown.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's possible that we may have been outnumbered by Tiongs, and with Tiongs returning to their homeland for CNY, a temporary vacuum is created, which explains the quiet streets in Chinatown.

reunion meals and staying at home watching tv with family for sinkies as most chinkie shops are supposed to close anyway during the 2-day holiday.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spore still has many old people. They out number the young. Just that these old people now have to tighten their belts.

If business is poor many Malls, businesses,... have to cut back on events like lion dances. During ths Xmas we already saw that the Xmas decorations was less lavish.

I think the tradition is dying....many who observe this tradition are in the "PIONEERS" band, many are retired so pockets are not so deep & the younger ones, not many are handled sown traditions due in part to the 'murder of the dialects' by the late 'hairy'. This is the first day of the lunar New Year...I have not heard , not even one 'ton, tong chiang' ( not the LHL one please), normally there would be one or even two, very early in the morning...

Killing dialects, have killed a lot of customs & traditions...that weren't handed down & economic costs too is one effect & manpower shortages....people will PHD don't want to...'tong,tong, tong, chiang'...even the, 'ahbengs & ahlians' have upgraded...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
reunion meals and staying at home watching tv with family for sinkies as most chinkie shops are supposed to close anyway during the 2-day holiday.

Watching TV....traditionally TV programs during the lunar new year are craps....I remember RTS, then TCS, then...now Mediacoprse....during this period they will show, old movies that you can buy VCD foe $3 back then...some pop concerts etc...that are so old...the TV in the houses are on, just to make noises & NOBODY ever watches them...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Simply look at the numbers, the retail market is indeed not doing well even since last year's GSS

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
During ths Xmas we already saw that the Xmas decorations was less lavish.

Not only less lavish, they were also less safe

very low budget that was why few xmas trees were smoke on the water

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the things you guys mentioned matter little.
As long as pap continue to collect their multi million salaries, rentals and bonuses. Then it's good years all the way

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the things you guys mentioned matter little.
As long as pap continue to collect their multi million salaries, rentals and bonuses. Then it's good years all the way

Spore has been in many recessions. Some think that we have never recovered from the last recession.
Don't know since I have retired for many years & spend time traveling.

I'm feeling old & want to find a healthier place than Spore. There is too much unecessary construction going on around me. Other than causing noise, dust, dengue, jams.... I see no benefits . Only people benefiting are the elites & I am only a poor "lesser mortal":smile: