• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2hrs ago 21:30 ChinaTown 林志源 Lim Chee Guan Bak Gua Q only less than 20 persons

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from grapevine the bonus for one bank will be paid at end of Feb 2016. And I saw pallet and pallet of Mandarin Orange remains unpacked in the market.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mai hao siao lah! 70% of sinkies voted PAP for more good years. Don't tell me they are repenting at home now.

gsfosnis

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the News in China about rat meat being used as Bak Gua.
And many shop import their products from China.
People would be skeptical.

Having said that, many purchased their order in advance to avoid last minute stampede.

jumpmrt

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the News in China about rat meat being used as Bak Gua.
And many shop import their products from China.
People would be skeptical.

Having said that, many purchased their order in advance to avoid last minute stampede.

I think the consumers are broke and can not afford to spend this CNY, if Lim Chee Guan Bak Gua offer @$25/KG I think there will be long Q until MRT station.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
many sinkies have started following the tonychat way, for now when tiong fraud is still rampant.

gsfosnis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the consumers are broke and can not afford to spend this CNY, if Lim Chee Guan Bak Gua offer @$25/KG I think there will be long Q until MRT station.

I think there has been reports of coming economic recession, consumers may want to save for rainy days.
And there has been on-going retrenchment as well. Good Observation.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was in JB a few weeks ago & man was it crowded at the immigration counters. It was packed with Sporean aunties & uncles. Why spend $$$ in Spore when you can get more for your RM$:confused:

Today I was at a mall & saw a long queue of people at the money changers. There are many Sporeans who intend to visit JB for their CNY shopping.

pusy2rights

Alfrescian
Loyal
Majority of people within the crowd size which reduced from previous years were Empty Handed Windows Shoppers. Not spending money, just watching for fun. Some are tourists who would spend a little on souvenirs.

The only few ugly women who I notices carrying shopping bags containing shoe boxes, were aunties in 50s, one PRC woman with teen daughter. Chinatown Point got people spending on diners, not seem to be buying.

VanHalen

Alfrescian
Loyal
People know through many CNY that LCG bak kwa queues are long so why join long queues? They have found other alternatives :biggrin:

Those 20 in the queue could be paid :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lucky my wife bought bak kwa early. This coming CNY, the Tan family will have lots of seafood, bak kwa and champagne herald in the Lunar New Year. It's good to be rich.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly, it's overrated. Tried it before, nothing to shout about.

Yes too sweet for my liking....give me my bee chin hiong anytime.
And by the way.....this Lim Chee Guan like many other brands doesn't make their own but order from a major supplier. This was exposed some years back when car tycoon son Kevin Kwee got into this business

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky my wife bought bak kwa early. This coming CNY, the Tan family will have lots of seafood, bak kwa and champagne herald in the Lunar New Year. It's good to be rich.

Buy early but when u open during cny inside got mould