• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2hrs ago 21:30 ChinaTown 林志源 Lim Chee Guan Bak Gua Q only less than 20 persons

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact, the PAP government is benevolent to the businesses here. You can 't imagine what will happen if Singkie can buy ba Kwa directly in from JB. They take away the 3/4rule tank at the same time. They will see dramatic drop in sales and rental collection from all over the island. You know who is the biggest landlord in Singapore.

I just visited a prominent Peasant's clothing retailer. They are selling per shirt at $50 sgd. for a normal shirt. I can buy 3 in quality from neighboring Country for that amount of money.

cant wait for the reits to collapse as retailers close shop one by one. brick and motar is for losers who havent heard of google. save on GST too when buy from overseas.

they should reduce the 3/4 tank rule to 70% tank.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me heard you are one of those who will stand-by for cheap buys after midnight when it is lelong-lelong for unsold foodstuff and other CNY items.

Hmm.... sounds plausible...i think the cunt might actually be a breadtalk employee, who carts away unsold buns and pastry at the end of the day for free....probably sells it to people at the void deck at hapf price.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In fact, the PAP government is benevolent to the businesses here. You can 't imagine what will happen if Singkie can buy ba Kwa directly in from JB. They take away the 3/4rule tank at the same time. They will see dramatic drop in sales and rental collection from all over the island. You know who is the biggest landlord in Singapore.

I just visited a prominent Peasant's clothing retailer. They are selling per shirt at $50 sgd. for a normal shirt. I can buy 3 in quality from neighboring Country for that amount of money.

I've bought Ba Kwa from JB before. Back then I didn't know that your not supposed too bring it into Spore. I don't think most people know about this prohibition.

PAP can ban all the products they want but I doubt that they can enforce it. Those manning the checkpoints are already busy checking for drugs, cigarettes, bubble gum,....

You can order shirts via the internet from overseas. Don't have to pay any GST if the items have a value of about below US$200

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Market very bad. People window shopping only no money to spend. Crowd less than all previous years.

disposable income very low....... resulting in upp mid class not buying big cars n no money for Lim Chee Guan which is full of hype but no bite pluse it may be of rat meat or blanks bought from China processed with grease trap oils

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
disposable income very low....... resulting in upp mid class not buying big cars n no money for Lim Chee Guan which is full of hype but no bite pluse it may be of rat meat or blanks bought from China processed with grease trap oils

disposable incum by sinkie uncles disposed in hole-in-want in geylang golf club.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was in JB a few weeks ago & man was it crowded at the immigration counters. It was packed with Sporean aunties & uncles. Why spend $$$ in Spore when you can get more for your RM$:confused:

Today I was at a mall & saw a long queue of people at the money changers. There are many Sporeans who intend to visit JB for their CNY shopping.

Went to City Square JB before the crowds starts & when they had just begun selling the new year goodies at the atrium, the same old 'suspects'...bought one or two containers of "love Letters" at RM26.80 ( $8.85 each) from a stall call "ten brothers" , Two Tins of cookies ( as usual ) from Seasons in their decorative tins for RM28 ($9.25) these are for business ( people who give me business).
Do not usually buy a lot up there, usually does it before the crowd starts & buy for corporate giving.

Cost has gone up in JB...but still cheaper than Singapore...for years, have not bought any new year cookies, those I have are gifts....even Bak Kwa, have not bought any for the last ten years.....you give me, I take, I eat..other than that, it is not a necessity to queue up to buy...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
disposable incum by sinkie uncles disposed in hole-in-want in geylang golf club.

Our disposable income, other that 'hole-I-Want', goes to the affordable government, endorsed by the 70%...in which 100% of us, have to pay..thanks to these, dum, dum!

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from grapevine the bonus for one bank will be paid at end of Feb 2016. And I saw pallet and pallet of Mandarin Orange remains unpacked in the market.

As of this morning, mandarin oranges are being 'leylong' at $3.80 per box of 18 and the price is coming down because tons are still in cold rooms across the island. Waiting to buy at 10 cents each.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy for wat:confused: Price come down must buy meh:o

As of this morning, mandarin oranges are being 'leylong' at $3.80 per box of 18 and the price is coming down because tons are still in cold rooms across the island. Waiting to buy at 10 cents each.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cost has gone up in JB...but still cheaper than Singapore...for years, have not bought any new year cookies, those I have are gifts....even Bak Kwa, have not bought any for the last ten years.....you give me, I take, I eat..other than that, it is not a necessity to queue up to buy...

Everywhere I go overseas, I find food nicer & cheaper than the prices in Spore.
Maybe that is why in Spore I find it easier to stick to home cook food.:biggrin:

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
foolish sinkies....market bad can save on all these immaterial food...but is willing to pay 100k or 1.2k a month for a new car

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

At least you are waiting for it to go down to 10 cents. John Tan is waiting for them to be discarded before making multiple trips on his bicycle.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least you are waiting for it to go down to 10 cents. John Tan is waiting for them to be discarded before making multiple trips on his bicycle.

yes on the pretext of giving to old folks home he would drop a couple of crocodile tears to make his story more appetizing to the ah neh guarding the bin center with their life.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

How dare you and virus insult me like this! I am a grassroots leader and should be treated with respect!

jw5

Loyal
How dare you insult <GoldenDragon> like this? He is a former police scholar and policeman (albeit a gutless one as known to his colleagues) and a current Subservient Family Butler and should be treated with respect!

How dare you and virus insult me like this! I am a grassroots leader and should be treated with respect!

Last edited:

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is provided you don't get rob while there. If that happens, it will be very expensive 3 shirts.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Which neighbouring country is that?

I was in Batam recently, and their "real" and fake polo shirts costs as much as in Singapore.

LionJah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky my wife bought bak kwa early. This coming CNY, the Tan family will have lots of seafood, bak kwa and champagne herald in the Lunar New Year. It's good to be rich.

yu a nyam di pork and pretend fi live a righteous life but hide yu dutty livity. Yu get fire and brimstone.