• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it worth it to pursue a degree nowadays?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If you do not have a degree you may end up a traveling salesman knocking door to door like me and peddling low tech stuff like screws and that's about all you can do without a degree. :eek:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If you do not have a degree you may end up a traveling salesman knocking door to door like me and peddling low tech stuff like screws and that's about all you can do without a degree. :eek:

How do you convince someone that your screws are better than the screws provided by other vendors?

Or is it not really about the screws at all.....

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you convince someone that your screws are better than the screws provided by other vendors?

He brings them to Poseidon, Emmauelle and Nataree for a free trial.

If the client is a bapok, he will bring the bapok to his hotel room. :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Actualy is not difficult, if he is a tradesman once he start to drill and screw with my screws he'll know it's different - quick, sharp, stable. So that's why it's important for me to peddle my wares from door to door with samples and tools and steel for them to try. It's a hard life you know? Regretted not working hard for a degree.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Actualy is not difficult, if he is a tradesman once he start to drill and screw with my screws he'll know it's different - quick, sharp, stable. So that's why it's important for me to peddle my wares from door to door with samples and tools and steel for them to try. It's a hard life you know? Regretted not working hard for a degree.

You should consider yourself lucky because all my friends with degrees are now working as security guards or driving taxis thanks to the PAP.

BTW screws are all mass produced products so unless you pay a premium to your supplier for them to use a higher grade of metal or superior post treatment surely your screws and everyone else's screws are the same.

I do some woodwork in my spare time and I tend to use brass screws simply because they don't rust and stain the end product over time. However the torque on my screwdriver needs to be set carefully or the head simply breaks off.

Stainless steel screws are far superior but cost even more.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
BTW screws are all mass produced products so unless you pay a premium to your supplier for them to use a higher grade of metal or superior post treatment surely your screws and everyone else's screws are the same.

I do some woodwork in my spare time and I tend to use brass screws simply because they don't rust and stain the end product over time. However the torque on my screwdriver needs to be set carefully or the head simply breaks off.

Stainless steel screws are far superior but cost even more.

A few things are important - (a) material, I use only AISI 1022 steel and buy only from the reputable 中鋼 in Taiwan; (b) design, there are some unique designs that makes the difference between my product and others; (c) heat treatment, core and surface hardness cannot be the same, has to be hard on the surface and soft at the core there's a unique technique to this, also for heat treatment need to be careful of hydrogen embrittlement; (d) coating, this again is very important against corrosion. Lastly QC is very important not only checks the screws physically but also need to check its drilling speed, hardness, corrosion resistance against salt-spray (ocean) and chemical (acid rain) I believe we are the only guys in Asia selling screws who possess this unique lab for IQC. Give confidence to customers too.

Brass is good for wood, timber do contain lots of chemicals for certain reasons and these cause carbon steel screws to corrode so brass and stainless steel is good for timber however for stainless please be reminded to use only 3 series like 304, 305 or 316. 400 series is very common and popular and cheap but will have rust especially encounter chemical.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as loong as gahmen emphasizes skolars n continue sending skolars 2 4 degrees n as loong as ah loon n his jingang send their kids 4 degrees ... it wil stil b worth it ...

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Brass is good for wood, timber do contain lots of chemicals for certain reasons and these cause carbon steel screws to corrode so brass and stainless steel is good for timber however for stainless please be reminded to use only 3 series like 304, 305 or 316. 400 series is very common and popular and cheap but will have rust especially encounter chemical.

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep and eye out when I purchase my next batch.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think coding job is different nowadays compared to programing jobs 15 years ago.

Many programing jobs taken by Ah nehs were to work for MNC like Microsoft Corporation where shit skins are good at maintaining the program but not creative thinking. Microshit used to hire cheap and dumb shitskins Ahneh without creative idea and now Microshit is self suicide company.

Coding job require to know many types of coding like html5, CSS3, JavaScript (now AngularJS created by google), PHP, Sql and much more.

A full stack developer are making >$100k salary.

Ah Neh are dumb non creative type good for copying and waiting for instruction (like PAP IBs) not worth hiring for the dumb shitskin brain.

soon it will be flooded by shitskins whose willing to do the job for 1/3rd of the pay.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is also a mismatch, why is he even in his job:confused:

IMO, get a degree to enter the circles if you don't have bloodline relations, then go polumpar.

Article Source: http://goo.gl/m6omun

IS IT WORTH PURSUING A DEGREE TODAY?
Author: Arthur Lee

............According to NTUC Director for Youth Development and Labour Member of Parliament, Desmond Choo, there is a mismatch in education skills versus employers’ expectations. This, he said, was a growing concern among youth.

desmondchoo500x500.jpg

In his maiden Parliament speech on 25 January 2016, Choo said that in today’s economy, “there will be new sectors and jobs that will require skills and knowledge that are new even to those who just graduated”.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think coding job is different nowadays compared to programing jobs 15 years ago.

Many programing jobs taken by Ah nehs were to work for MNC like Microsoft Corporation where shit skins are good at maintaining the program but not creative thinking. Microshit used to hire cheap and dumb shitskins Ahneh without creative idea and now Microshit is self suicide company.

Coding job require to know many types of coding like html5, CSS3, JavaScript (now AngularJS created by google), PHP, Sql and much more.

A full stack developer are making >$100k salary.

Ah Neh are dumb non creative type good for copying and waiting for instruction (like PAP IBs) not worth hiring for the dumb shitskin brain.

correct. there are armies of ah nehs writing and maintaining patches and upgrade codes for sap, ms, oracle, but innovative software that requires creativity are done by americans.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
correct. there are armies of ah nehs writing and maintaining patches and upgrade codes for sap, ms, oracle, but innovative software that requires creativity are done by americans.

u mean american immigrants,practically half the companies on forbes 500 and half the things invented in USA are by immigrants.elon musk is one example.