• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lunch Time Kaki

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How many of you eat alone during lunch time with no kaki?
Initially, a whole group of colleagues go lunch together.
Later some will be filter out probably due to different frequency.
At some stage, you'll realize some of your colleague start texting each other for lunch arrangement.
You staggered your lunch at 12pm but realized your colleague goes with the another group at 1pm.
When you go at 1pm the next day, your colleagues go at the 12pm time slot.
Eventually you may ended up eating alone with nobody to talk to during lunch.

Having said that, have you realized the kind of jokes and chat and discussion always revolves the same topics.
You get bored and also perhaps tired of hearing the same old shit again and again.
Not sure how you guys feel about eating alone? Do you feel lonely or more peaceful for your mind and ear during that lunch break?

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
peaceful while eat alone.
getting old and just don't feel like to be hypocrite.
do not know how to say more 表面话。

Well. don't feel like to please anybody now. Just want to say whatever I feel or I think. But always offend people.
Most probably going to die soon. So wish to be myself rather than a hypocrite.

that is.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You sound like some social misfit.Try taking better care of your personal grooming and the way you speak. Be more positive. More people would then be willing to eat with you.

I usually have company for lunch.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure how you guys feel about eating alone? Do you feel lonely or more peaceful for your mind and ear during that lunch break?[/QUOTE]

More peaceful and easier to find a seat at hawker's centres. More productive too as no need to wait for one another, just finish your food and go back orbit to work. I wonder why companies have one-hour lunch breaks when it is more productive to have 30 minute lunch breaks. Finish the food go back orbit work then can also bunk off home earlier. Also, if see a bunch of chiobus sitting at a table, easier to squeeze in and share share rubba rubba with them:biggrin:

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure how you guys feel about eating alone? Do you feel lonely or more peaceful for your mind and ear during that lunch break?

More peaceful and easier to find a seat at hawker's centres. More productive too as no need to wait for one another, just finish your food and go back orbit to work. I wonder why companies have one-hour lunch breaks when it is more productive to have 30 minute lunch breaks. Finish the food go back orbit work then can also bunk off home earlier. Also, if see a bunch of chiobus sitting at a table, easier to squeeze in and share share rubba rubba with them:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Precisely ... eat alone can go anywhere you like for lunch.
Somehow I saw more cho bu and also MILF when go to places less popular for lunch alone.
Came across a MILF wearing half transparent lingerie outfit for the past two days during lunch time.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only chabor co-workers insist on having group lunches. Lunch is usually the best time to unwind and catch up on the "alone time". Why the fuck would anyone want to hear them whining and bitching during that precious hour?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
needs lunchtime kaki to "chope" table rather than using tissue pack. it's more considerate and civil.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you eat alone you don't have to chope. See anywhere got one lobang just masuk

that's more like marjojohn's mantra, "got lau kway bu's tonic must drink" or raider's rant, "got hole must bonk". :p

new mantra from this thread - "got lobang just masuk." :biggrin:

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, having lunch with colleagues means forming a bond with them which is crucial in office politics. It is true that at times, eating along means I can go back to work quickly but having longer lunch hours with your colleagues pay off in the long term.

In a working environment, it is always better to have more friends than enemies or being a social outcast. Colleagues sometimes do complain about the same topic but just by listening and understanding their problem, you are being an ally to them. Whether you really listen to them from the heart or gaining advantage in the workplace, it doesn't really matter. They will just like you better and if you ever need favors from them, they are more likely to do it for you.

Alfrescian
Loyal
mix mix lah....some days eat alone, some days eat with the team, some days eat with the bosses....

the only thing I hate about eating with colleagues is someone will always say "wait, wait, let me finish this first".....lunch time is lunch time, just put down the pen and continue later.....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I would love to have lunchtime kakis but everybody who knows me hates me and is ashamed of being associated with me in any way.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lunch time kakis - fuck buddies you mean ? My lunch time is precious, humping that hot receptionist before she goes back to her husband EOD. No time to eat.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me, having lunch with colleagues means forming a bond with them which is crucial in office politics. It is true that at times, eating along means I can go back to work quickly but having longer lunch hours with your colleagues pay off in the long term.

In a working environment, it is always better to have more friends than enemies or being a social outcast. Colleagues sometimes do complain about the same topic but just by listening and understanding their problem, you are being an ally to them. Whether you really listen to them from the heart or gaining advantage in the workplace, it doesn't really matter. They will just like you better and if you ever need favors from them, they are more likely to do it for you.

Having lunch together is a good way to form a bond with each other.
If and only if everyone in the team understand the purpose of rotating lunch kaki once a while.
But the truth is, your team members will eventually filter out those that are not of similar frequency or they find them too boring.
Plus most guys are naturally "chee hong" and will always prefer to eat with ladies, young chaps more than those older guys.
Ultimately someone will be isolated from the lunch group and remains eating alone most of the time.
Playing this sort of lunch time kaki game is not a good sign but that's how it is in reality.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time I have lunch in office with fellow Traders and forex dealers so can spend more time making seed money for investment.

Why waste that lunch hour thinking of "what others are thinking" when you are eating alone.

When you are rich, eating alone is a blessing. Nowadays I cannot even drink beer alone, as people trying and dying to join my table.

Eventually there will be a few good buddies that always meet, drink, eat and even sometime Travel together.

Don't worry about lunch with losers. Unless your lunch with those losers are in Sheraton hotel. That should be your worry why other can afford it, and not you.

Last edited: