• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do we blame others, if we fall behind during this looming economic downturn?

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Article Source: http://goo.gl/Hu9GRA

WHO DO WE HAVE TO BLAME, IF WE FALL BEHIND OTHERS?
Author: Arthur Lee

Enough of the fear-mongering already.

So many government agencies and analysts have been going on the news to tell us we are facing a looming economic downturn.

workers-1024x698.jpg

Last week, the Ministry for Manpower released figures of employment growth being at its lowest in 12-years, while the NTUC said that retrenchment figures are creeping up.

We’re also seeing big banks and other big companies around the world laying off workers. Of course, Singaporeans haven’t been spared from the retrenchments happening.

Manufacturing-1024x701.jpg

Today, the Economic Development Board revealed that Singapore’s investment targets for 2016 will be lowered due to weak global demand.

What this means that the expected number of jobs that these investments will bring in, is likely to drop.

Yes, jobs will most likely be affected this year as a result of the weakening economy.

Singaporeans should just go upgrade their skills through courses and training. After all, those who are eligible would have gotten their SkillsFuture Credits already.

NTUC Assistant Secretary General Cham Hui Fong couldn’t have said it better.

Cham-Hui-Fong-1024x768.jpg

Speaking at a media session on the 2016 Unionised Sector Outlook, Ms Cham said:

“While unemployment rate remains low, we should continue to speed up the pace of retraining and upgrading to ensure Singaporean workers can take on new and quality jobs that come along.”

The onus of upgrading workers’ skills and training lie on both employers and employees. Both should be co-responsible.

In order for us to secure our jobs and make a living, the only way is to stay relevant in whatever we do. To do this, there’s no other way except to acquire skills or deepen skills.

Apart from SkillsFuture credits, Ms Cham hopes that workers should be proactive and also tap on the NTUC’s individual skills upgrading account for its members called the UTAP.

And she urged workers to be a master of the same job or always look for opportunities to upgrade, whether in the same industry or in other industries.

Perhaps, it is time that we adopt a change in mindset to be responsible for our own upgrading in order to stay employable.

Chan-Chun-Sing-1-1024x682.jpg

NTUC Secretary General Chan Chun Sing gave a very good quote in his first blogpost:

“NO ONE OWES US A LIVING.”

Indeed, no one is responsible for our own growth except ourselves. If we do not make the effort to change our minds about skills upgrading, then who will?

If we fall behind in the economy as a result of the lack of skills, who do we have to blame except ourselves?

Image Credits: Todayonline, Todayonline, mothership.sg.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i thought PAPee love to blame sinkies for being pampered mediocre expensive and timid?and blame sinkies for having unreasonable expectations when stating their salaries while PAppees get to enjoy their high flyer salaries and miles high club memberships.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do I think it is so difficult for the "lesser mortals" to get ahead in Spore.:confused:

For males you have to put your life on hold for 2/2.5 years on bondage slavery while our guest workers don't have to do the same.

When you go to a local educational instituitions you have to satisfy all kinds of requirements while foreigners don't need to because as Sporeans we are expected to meet a higher standard. Even when we apply for a job we face disadvantages because foreigners can use fake credentials.

We are disadvantaged because we have only one home, Spore. The PAP has made Spore one of the most expensive place to live. Foreigners can "balek kampong" or move on to some 1st world, while many Sporeans are stuck in Spore.

If Sporeans decide to stay in Spore they face all kinds of taxes: COE, road tax, CPF, water conservancy tax, expensive handphone charges, GST,.... We pay ALL these taxes & get very little in return. We have the world's most highly paid civil servants but ... I didn't vote for any of these people.

So do I expect anything from Spore:confused: Speaking for myself I ownself pay for everything. When I need medical treatment I I go to Malaysia which is cheaper. When I need a haircut I go overseas. When I want to relax I go overseas. Maybe 15+ years Spore used to be a nice place but unfortunately the PAP has turned it into some kind of experiment that I think even they do not know what will be the outcome.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do I think it is so difficult for the "lesser mortals" to get ahead in Spore.:confused:

For males you have to put your life on hold for 2/2.5 years on bondage slavery while our guest workers don't have to do the same.

When you go to a local educational instituitions you have to satisfy all kinds of requirements while foreigners don't need to because as Sporeans we are expected to meet a higher standard. Even when we apply for a job we face disadvantages because foreigners can use fake credentials.

We are disadvantaged because we have only one home, Spore. The PAP has made Spore one of the most expensive place to live. Foreigners can "balek kampong" or move on to some 1st world, while many Sporeans are stuck in Spore.

If Sporeans decide to stay in Spore they face all kinds of taxes: COE, road tax, CPF, water conservancy tax, expensive handphone charges, GST,.... We pay ALL these taxes & get very little in return. We have the world's most highly paid civil servants but ... I didn't vote for any of these people.

So do I expect anything from Spore:confused: Speaking for myself I ownself pay for everything. When I need medical treatment I I go to Malaysia which is cheaper. When I need a haircut I go overseas. When I want to relax I go overseas. Maybe 15+ years Spore used to be a nice place but unfortunately the PAP has turned it into some kind of experiment that I think even they do not know what will be the outcome.

But alas Johnny ah Johnny, 69.9% of sinkies prefer this situation. Period.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
blame papigs for wasting so much resources fixing OPPO esp WP neglecting to improve general economc conditions
also mindlessly bringing in shiploads of f trashes to ensure they continue to earn their fat salaries and fatter bonuses

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blame no one but the men in white .... bring in hordes of foreigners who squat in the island and contribute nothing to the country but bleeds it dry ..

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

... those 70% believed pappies is their God, and the God can do no wrong. The God will never fail to deliver but the other 30% knew the pappies are just bullshit.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

...that ah neh bitch Nishi at IDA should be able to tell sinkies how to get jobs in the Govt by using fake degrees ... she got in with false qualification and still nothing done to kick her out back to ah neh land.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think even they do not know what will be the outcome.

They do not need to bother about the outcome .. the future will take care of itself ... every month they get to see big pay cheque and it is good enough ... you die your business because the foreign imported shits will still worship them.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Local born sinkies who love the country will not flee. Foreigners are squatters like those SPRs who can squat for donkey years in the island to enjoy freebies and privileges especially the right to buy and own HDB flats. Where got such a privilege in other countries in the world? If pappies not dumb, what is?

Easy for SPRs and other foreign imported shits to balek kampong. After all, sinkie land is only good for squatting during the good rolling times but in time of crisis like Greece, they can always go back to their slum land back home.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Many of my relatives, friends, colleagues,.. have over the years abandoned Spore. So I've wondered about this 70% figure?

I think those left behind in Spore are those who have been unable to break from their brainwashing or have accepted the PAP's divine right to rule:o

With this kind of mentality these people will never get ahead in Spore.
It is as I predicted decades ago when LKY still had hair & still using his brass knuckles. In a authoritarian system if you have idiots running the system the way LHL & his clowns are doing, it is going to be bad because there won't be anything to stop the rot.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually i agree with PAP we should only blame ourselves,but it doesnt help if the government is behind u every step of the way trying to sabotage u,backstab u and make life difficult of u......the government should be on your side not doing everything they can to make ur life miserable like they have been doing since 2003.

Last edited:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
...that ah neh bitch Nishi at IDA should be able to tell sinkies how to get jobs in the Govt by using fake degrees ... she got in with false qualification and still nothing done to kick her out back to ah neh land.

she is so slippery ...... now cannot kick or fuck her as she is new shitizen............ praised be Shiva