• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

what is the most useful 1 liner or word to reject a sales call

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for insurance, i will answer them i have pre-exisiting illness and not qualified.
for loan, i just say i do not need any.

not so difficult to reject.
Insurance ones are much more troublesome than loans.once u start to entertain them a bit to give face they will attack all corners. If u say u hv pretty existing illness they will say not to worry, can exclude that illness. The story will go on & on.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Insurance ones are much more troublesome than loans.once u start to entertain them a bit to give face they will attack all corners. If u say u hv pretty existing illness they will say not to worry, can exclude that illness. The story will go on & on.

i said i also wish to buy, if u can help me and get a policy. i dont mind to buy.

then they hang the phone. i also said loud my illness, then they stop.

haha

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you put your name on the DNC register? If you had, such cold calls would be reduced.

There was once an insurance guy called me (I think referral case from his company - so not exactly a cold call). I told him bluntly that he has breached the "DNC register" rules and I would complain to his company. He apologised and I never got any calls from that insurance co again.

So do your self a favour and register on the DNC website. It takes less than 5 minutes and it does wonders for your sanity.

I just registered my number. Not sure how government going to ban them since is a government site. If everyone register telemarketers can all siew kang

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tired of answering sales calls be it insurance,loans and others.
If I politely tells them thank you I am not keen they will probe further for the reasons of being not interested and proceed to sell other items.
Is it OK to just hangup without saying anything ?
What other type of actions can be taken ?

I get a lot of these nuisance calls, I just tell them that "I'm not interested", and if they probe, I just repeatedly tell them "I'm not interested", after a minute they will give up and end the call. The key to ending their calls quick is don't give them any reasons, just tell them firmly not interested. It's easy and very effective.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just say no.any attempts to communicate may spark off a conversation and that may be unwise.if u respond to them,u may be required to listen to their 15 minute of garbage and end up having to donate money to clear ur guilty conscience.

or politely tell them to go fuck their mother cheebye or diu lei lou mou ham ka chan.

spare a thought for them. if every call tells them to fuck their mother cheebye, it is so demoralizing and sad.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just registered my number. Not sure how government going to ban them since is a government site. If everyone register telemarketers can all siew kang

The DNC register is effective against the banks and property agents - which already makes up 75% of the telemarketing calls I used to get. The others I get now are text messages from small-time credit companies.. or overseas calls. Those you really can't stop.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The DNC register is effective against the banks and property agents - which already makes up 75% of the telemarketing calls I used to get. The others I get now are text messages from small-time credit companies.. or overseas calls. Those you really can't stop.

Do u happen to know if there is any type of home protection insurance package that can possibly sell over the phone ? What happen was the caller after reading out all the policies and coverage like machine guns end his sentence with thank for your interest, I am glad to send u a copy of the package and bill will be sent via other means blah blah. If I am not focus enough and reply OK. . Can he use this voice recording to force me to pay up something that I actually need consideration ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes these calls are recorded and contractually binding.

Damn. All readers better on alert.
The modulus operandi is caller will not give the victim chance to talk. He will shoot like machine gun and he just need a blur fuck to answer OK and sales closed :eek::*:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
spare a thought for them. if every call tells them to fuck their mother cheebye, it is so demoralizing and sad.

doesnt matter,they are redundant anyway and should be eliminated.throughout the decades of ur life,have u ever remembered any encounter with insurance agents or sales people that has resulted in a productive or meaningful relationship or even brought any benefit to your life?zilch nada.if only ad block and spam buster existed in real life,i use it to ad block and spam bust every sales person i encounter in singapore.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Damn. All readers better on alert.
The modulus operandi is caller will not give the victim chance to talk. He will shoot like machine gun and he just need a blur fuck to answer OK and sales closed :eek::*:

Sori the actual danger is not victim say OK. They will take it as OK if you never say you reject the proposed terms.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it's to apply for loan, credit card, insurance : say you are keen and you are 12 yr old so it's good to start young.

If it's about products, say you are keen because you need them in hell where you are now.

If it's a zhar boh, just give heavy breathing and say, you know what, I am imagining you naked,

If it's ah neh, or pinoy - say diu nei lou mou, keep saying that for 30 sec.