• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should there be a legal age to be questioned by the Police?

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
A 14 year old boy fell to his death on the same day he was released on bail after being questioned by the police.

The minor whose personal information has been retained due to laws protecting minors in Singapore was found dead at the foot of his block the same day he was released by the police after being investigated for molest.

His death has lead to a public outcry, especially from his parents who insisted that the teen should not have been questioned without their presence. Authorities have however stated that in Singapore it is not required for a parent or guardian to be in the room with a minor while he or she is questioned by the police.

A spokesman from the Police also mentioned that things are much unlike American drama series’ where suspects are shown refusing to speak until their lawyer arrives.

The mother of the teen has also mentioned that when she asked her son if he had indeed committed the offence, he said no. He said that he didn’t do it, but since everyone else believed that he did, he relented and went along with it.

Would things have been different if the teen had his parents in the same room as him? Would he have felt less pressured to agree with his interrogators? And how would the parents stay neutral throughout the questioning? These are some questions worth asking.

See more at Should there be a legal age to be questioned by the Police?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Those who are suspects to a crime should be questioned by the police regardless of age.

There is no need for mummy to hold their hand. They have to learn to stand on their own two feet.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cops wanting to interview minors should do so through a person qualified to do so, like a juvenile counsellor. Many youngsters view policeman (and women) as some kind of an overbearing authoritarian figure and could be coerced to admitting things they weren't guilty of out of fear, or can be intimidated into doing so.

Cheers!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Cops wanting to interview minors should do so through a person qualified to do so, like a juvenile counsellor. Many youngsters view policeman (and women) as some kind of an overbearing authoritarian figure and could be coerced to admitting things they weren't guilty of out of fear, or can be intimidated into doing so.

Cheers!

That's absolute hogwash. When I was a minor I used to regularly hauled up to face overbearing authoritarian figures and I steadfastly denied doing things that I was actually guilty of.

What sort of moron kid would admit to something they did not do. They'd have to be real retards or spastics.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
During Secondary 2, I gave a stink bomb to a classmate to be placed under the teacher's desk before she came into class. When she arrived, and placed her stack of books in the desk, the stink bomb cracked (with a crushed glass sound) and soon the room was filled with Hydrogen Sulphide gas. The teacher raised her voice and asked "Who did it!!??". The boy whom I gave the stink bomb to,started to wail, and pointed to me, tearfully, saying I gave it to him!!! FUCK HIM!! I was hauled to the principal's office for caning. This was an example of how easily some kids could break down. Nothing would have happened if he kept quiet. Everyone else did, even though they knew who did it!

Cheers!

That's absolute hogwash. When I was a minor I usd to regularly hauled up to face overbearing authoritarian figures and I steadfastly denied doing things that I was actually guilty of.

What sort of moron kid would admit to something they did not do. They'd have to be real retards or spastics.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During Secondary 2, I gave a stink bomb to a classmate to be placed under the teacher's desk before she came into class. When she arrived, and placed her stack of books in the desk, the stink bomb cracked (with a crushed glass sound) and soon the room was filled with Hydrogen Sulphide gas. The teacher raised her voice and asked "Who did it!!??". The boy whom I gave the stink bomb to,started to wail, and pointed to me, tearfully, saying I gave it to him!!! FUCK HIM!! I was hauled to the principal's office for caning. This was an example of how easily some kids could break down. Nothing would have happened if he kept quiet. Everyone else did, even though they knew who did it!

Cheers!

You nigger you hoped the kid would get the blame instead of you. Why didn't you put the bomb yourself?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

When I was in Primary School, someone dropped a stink bomb in class, nobody owned up, & we were held back in detention after classes, still nobody owned up, when I was in Secondary school, some students we knew, deflated the Principal's car tyres, we have to endure 1 hour standing up of his famous ' Hitler Speech"..still nobody owned up & we tool it like a MAN. Your classmates must have grown up & made up the numbers in the 70%..certainly confirmed 70%.

Rumpole

Alfrescian
Loyal

Confessions are an inherently unreliable form of evidence. That is why the common law imposes restictions on their use to obtain convictions.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
A 14 year old boy fell to his death on the same day he was released on bail after being questioned by the police.

The minor whose personal information has been retained due to laws protecting minors in Singapore was found dead at the foot of his block the same day he was released by the police after being investigated for molest.

His death has lead to a public outcry, especially from his parents who insisted that the teen should not have been questioned without their presence. Authorities have however stated that in Singapore it is not required for a parent or guardian to be in the room with a minor while he or she is questioned by the police.

A spokesman from the Police also mentioned that things are much unlike American drama series’ where suspects are shown refusing to speak until their lawyer arrives.

The mother of the teen has also mentioned that when she asked her son if he had indeed committed the offence, he said no. He said that he didn’t do it, but since everyone else believed that he did, he relented and went along with it.

Would things have been different if the teen had his parents in the same room as him? Would he have felt less pressured to agree with his interrogators? And how would the parents stay neutral throughout the questioning? These are some questions worth asking.

See more at Should there be a legal age to be questioned by the Police?

yes once you can speak you can be questioned.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was in Primary School, someone dropped a stink bomb in class, nobody owned up, & we were held back in detention after classes, still nobody owned up, when I was in Secondary school, some students we knew, deflated the Principal's car tyres, we have to endure 1 hour standing up of his famous ' Hitler Speech"..still nobody owned up & we tool it like a MAN. Your classmates must have grown up & made up the numbers in the 70%..certainly confirmed 70%.

you are so simple. We once exploded a fire extiguisher through the level and once created noxious gas in the chem lab.

Rumpole

Alfrescian
Loyal

There could a thousand and one reasons why someone will confess to something they didn't do, such as:

- can't stand the stress of interrogation and hope the immediate pain will go away
- police offered him ice cream if he confessed
- if he told the truth, the real culprit will come after him and that culprit is with him everyday in the classroom
- blah, blah, blah ........

The police could also have used unnecessary force because they are fucking lazy and wanted to get the investigation over with so they can go and play hide and seek with Ah Neh rioters in Little India, watch 48:00 to 53:00 of this video for an example of police incompetence:

[video=youtube;1uyxrwMFuUc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uyxrwMFuUc[/video]

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because he asked me for the stink bomb. I suppose he wanted the thrill of doing it. I wouldn't have planted it in my classroom. I would have let go either in a bus, or a cinema.

Today, the ideal place to do this would be in an MRT train, at rush hour!

Cheers!

You nigger you hoped the kid would get the blame instead of you. Why didn't you put the bomb yourself?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That particular classmate who finked on me is definitely one such person! Kwei-kwei mama's boy type. I lost contact with him, good! Feel sorry for his buddy during NS.

Yes, nobody talks. That's an honourable unwritten law everybody should follow!

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stink bombs then were commonly available ($1 for a box of 3). Some of us late progressed to more complex activities. But we weren't really destructive. Deviant behaviour developed more for personal and material gain (like theft) rather than acts of vandalism or mischief.

Cheers!

you are so simple. We once exploded a fire extiguisher through the level and once created noxious gas in the chem lab.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
There could a thousand and one reasons why someone will confess to something they didn't do, such as:

- can't stand the stress of interrogation and hope the immediate pain will go away
- police offered him ice cream if he confessed
- if he told the truth, the real culprit will come after him and that culprit is with him everyday in the classroom
- blah, blah, blah ........

If anyone is stupid enough to confess to something they did not do then they deserve the consequences. :rolleyes: The crime of stupidity must be severely punished.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amos is more than capable of protecting himself. And he didn't do anything wrong, nor hurt anyone.

Cheers!

have u seen amos yee flexing in the mirror?that nubile young body and tiny pink nipples like a prepubescent girl is guaranteed to get him gangbanged and cockmeat sandwiched in the maximum security prison.