• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SingPass 2FA help!

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Stupid SingPass claims you can choose either (OneKey) Token or SMS (mobile phone) when setting up 2FA. But when I try to setup 2FA, only Token is available, no SMS???

Link OneKey Token
You can link your activated token to your SingPass account.

Anyone knows how I can select SMS (mobile phone) instead of being forced to use Token? Or why SMS is not an available option for me? It can't be because my SingPass account doesn't have a mobile phone no registered, because I *do* have a Singapore mobile phone no registered with my SingPass.

Help!

Update : When I click on "Manage 2-Step Verification", I get the msg "You have not set up your 2-step verification for SingPass. Please click here to complete your setup" which seems to confirm 2FA isn't set up on my SingPass account. Yet when I tried changing my password, they successfully sent the OTP (required to change password) to my registered mobile phone. Isn't that (ie. sending a OTP to my mobile phone) already considered 2FA? So is 2FA set up on my account yet or not??? If not, why can't I choose SMS (mobile phone) instead of Token???

Last edited:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid SingPass claims you can choose either (OneKey) Token or SMS (mobile phone) when setting up 2FA. But when I try to setup 2FA, only Token is available, no SMS???

Link OneKey Token

Anyone knows how I can select SMS (mobile phone) instead of being forced to use Token? Or why SMS is not an available option for me? It can't be because my SingPass account doesn't have a mobile phone no registered, because I *do* have a Singapore mobile phone no registered with my SingPass.

Help!

Update : When I click on "Manage 2-Step Verification", I get the msg "You have not set up your 2-step verification for SingPass. Please click here to complete your setup" which seems to confirm 2FA isn't set up on my SingPass account. Yet when I tried changing my password, they successfully sent the OTP (required to change password) to my registered mobile phone. Isn't that (ie. sending a OTP to my mobile phone) already considered 2FA? So is 2FA set up on my account yet or not??? If not, why can't I choose SMS (mobile phone) instead of Token???

it is not a good system when u needs to complete a task
that depends on the result of another separate unassociated task.
in your case , what if your phone or the mobile network is down

all this 2FA are just nonsense.
if a password is stolen due to carelessness ,
it does not help a bit even with multiple layers of authentication.
besides , most often passwords and information are stolen
by someone hacking into the server.
it is the job of the server owner to ensure this does not happen
, not implementing layer upon layer of auth processes.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, but you have to set it up from ONEKEY....when you have done that, when you log in Sing Pass, you will be given the choice to use the token or have the 2FA sent to your mobile....this is useful, if you are not in Singapore, but have your token with you.

I think the instructions are clear enough...right?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is not a good system when u needs to complete a task
that depends on the result of another separate unassociated task.
in your case , what if your phone or the mobile network is down

all this 2FA are just nonsense.
if a password is stolen due to carelessness ,
it does not help a bit even with multiple layers of authentication.
besides , most often passwords and information are stolen
by someone hacking into the server.
it is the job of the server owner to ensure this does not happen
, not implementing layer upon layer of auth processes.

Anything in computing can be broken into. PERIOD. many moons ago, I spent time breaking into Softwares like Lotus 1 2 3, Dbase etc....reseting the key to install the software on multiple machines....especially poaching those in the office to use them at home, and in the early days of games..the same thing..reseting the key....

The 2FA does help, cumbersome...but adds another layer to authentication.....nothing is perfect, but the user have to be on the alert always...there is some body always watching you..government etc... just beware & be careful..

GunsForHire

Alfrescian
Loyal

Link OneKey Token

Help!

You Sing to get Past. Like that also dunno? :biggrin:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, but you have to set it up from ONEKEY....when you have done that, when you log in Sing Pass, you will be given the choice to use the token or have the 2FA sent to your mobile....this is useful, if you are not in Singapore, but have your token with you.

I think the instructions are clear enough...right?

Thanks for the reply, but after I've used ONEKEY token to set up 2FA, I logged in again, and it only says :

You are currently using the following mode of verification:

OneKey Token Serial Number: (blah blah blah)

The only option I have is to update it to link it to a new token, but there's still no option for me to use mobile phone SMS for the 2FA instead of token.

Help???

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the reply, but after I've used ONEKEY token to set up 2FA, I logged in again, and it only says :

You are currently using the following mode of verification:

OneKey Token Serial Number: (blah blah blah)

The only option I have is to update it to link it to a new token, but there's still no option for me to use mobile phone SMS for the 2FA instead of token.

Help???

http://www.onekey.sg

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Link OneKey Token

Help!

f trash ah neh did the system changes....... do you expect the changes to be smooth and seamless? Shameless yes but not seamless........ govt love ah nehs and trust them with their wives and daughters!! remember the MRT ah neh who goes around grabbing cb young or old???? same ah neh fucking up our virginal system!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm explored both the SingPass website and the OneKey website. Even after successfully activating my OneKey token on the OneKey website and subsequently relogging into the SingPass website, neither website has any option for me to switch from using token-2FA to SMS-2FA???

Help???

In that case you have to make a trip to their office:

Assurity ( One Key)
10 Anson Road, #06-19
International Plaza, Singapore 079903

Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
Sat 81m-2pm
All other days closed

Tel : 65663539

International Plaza lift layout you have to read carefully which lifts go which level, when you reach the 6th floor, lift door opens, look for a small entrance to your right, that's where ONE KEY office is, this building the layout is a bit bizarre, I know this building since it was built, each time I get here, I get lost.

Go ask the help desk there....