• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1MDB can no longer cover up now Corrupt PAP LHL start to play up right good guy

kangaroo.corpse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kamunting Detention Centre for Najib!

st_20160129_stmacc29_2027304.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/1mdb-saga-singapore-seizes-bank-accounts

1MDB saga: Singapore seizes bank accounts over possible money-laundering and other offences
A 1MDB billboard at the funds flagship Tun Razak Exchange development in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
A 1MDB billboard at the funds flagship Tun Razak Exchange development in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.PHOTO: REUTERS
Published
2 hours ago
S'pore authorities say they have been probing possible offences since mid-2015
Marissa Lee

SINGAPORE - The authorities in Singapore have seized a "large number" of bank accounts over possible money-laundering and other offences linked to alleged financial mismanagement at Malaysian state investor 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB).

The Commercial Affairs Department (CAD) and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) stated last night that they have been investigating possible offences since the middle of last year.

"Singapore does not tolerate the use of its financial system as a refuge or conduit for illicit funds," they said in a joint statement.
Related Story
Swiss prosecutor seeks KL's help in 1MDB probe
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak (centre) leaving after attending a Parliament session in Kuala Lumpur yesterday. Attorney-General Apandi Ali has cleared Mr Najib of any criminal wrongdoing involving US$681 million donated by the Saudi royal fami
Related Story
A-G clears PM Najib of corruption: Decision may take the wind out of any bid to oust Najib
Attorney-General Apandi Ali must show his decision to clear Prime Minister Najib Razak (above) of graft was not made in bad faith, said former Court of Appeal judge Mohd Noor Abdullah.
Related Story
MACC told to 'engage with' A-G on Najib probe

"We have sought and are continuing to seek information from several financial institutions, are interviewing various individuals, and have seized a large number of bank accounts."

The e-mail statement, in response to media queries on 1MDB, comes just days after the Swiss authorities called on Malaysia to continue its investigation into the 1MDB fund.

The CAD and MAS did not elaborate on whether the bank accounts seized were linked to those in the Swiss 1MDB probe.

The Office of the Attorney General of Switzerland (OAG) said last week about US$4 billion (S$5.7 billion) may have been stolen from Malaysian state-owned companies.

It said yesterday it would soon hand over "significant evidence" of illegal financial transactions involving Malaysian companies to its Kuala Lumpur counterparts, Malaysian media reported.

"The OAG is hopeful that our colleagues in Malaysia will examine the evidence... and provide us with further assistance, as the two attorneys-general agreed last September," its head of information, Mr Andre Marty, said in an e-mail, according to the Malaysian Insider news site.

The CAD and MAS statement said Singapore is working closely with the relevant authorities, including those in Malaysia, Switzerland and the United States.

"We have responded to all foreign requests for information and have requested information from relevant counterparts to aid in our investigations. As investigations are still ongoing, we are not able to provide more details at this stage," the CAD and MAS said.

Last July, Singapore police said they had issued orders to freeze two Singapore bank accounts for possible money-laundering offences in relation to the 1MDB probe.

In a statement issued late last night, 1MDB reiterated that it remained committed to "fully cooperating with any lawful authority and investigation, subject to advice from the relevant domestic lawful authorities, and in accordance with international protocols governing such matters."

The firm also reiterated that it had not been contacted by any foreign legal authorities on any matters relating to the company.

Read more stories on the 1MDB saga here.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but Najib is LHL's best friend!!!!did LHL do a LKY esque and shed tears when he issued an order for the accounts to be compounded?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
S'pore authorities say they have been probing possible offences since mid-2015

Oh give me a fucking break!!!

If the Swiss guys never make the whole thing public, why the ball-less sinkie losers now come out like as though they are the first to find the fraud...

So am i to say that the swiss got balls and sinkies are always covering up due to monetary reasons.

When i read the article, it is telling me that now i dun want to be a culprit for covering up a crime of another "friend".

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
but Najib is LHL's best friend!!!!did LHL do a LKY esque and shed tears when he issued an order for the accounts to be compounded?

hahahha more like fair weather friends. when the chips are down, it's everyone for himself or when shits hit the ceiling fan, it's everyone for himself. now mas trying to appear "innocent". who are they kidding?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Oh give me a fucking break!!!

If the Swiss guys never make the whole thing public, why the ball-less sinkie losers now come out like as though they are the first to find the fraud...

So am i to say that the swiss got balls and sinkies are always covering up due to monetary reasons.

When i read the article, it is telling me that now i dun want to be a culprit for covering up a crime of another "friend".

Yeah, money already left singapore and went to najib's account in malaysia long ago and to switzerland. Seize what lancheow accounts? Why don't Ravi Menon tell us how much was in the account he seized instead of the number of accounts he seized? $200?