• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good White Boy Came Back To Serve NS! No Complaints Unlike Whining Sinkies! NDU Leh!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Good White Boy Came Back To Serve NS! No Complaints Unlike Whining Sinkies! NDU L

If it is so unpopular, or detrimental to one's life and/or career, someone (eg; opposition party) should be speaking out for its abolishment. But all seems quiet. From this, I gather that NS is an accepted part of life in Singapore.

Cheers!

How many male Spore friends do you know that are still living in Spore:confused:

I'm from an older generation & many of my friends are gone i.e. emigrated & not dead. They all voted with their feet.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Good White Boy Came Back To Serve NS! No Complaints Unlike Whining Sinkies! NDU L

How many male Spore friends do you know that are still living in Spore:confused:

I'm from an older generation & many of my friends are gone i.e. emigrated & not dead. They all voted with their feet.

[video=youtube;uI_b6FC0Hg0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI_b6FC0Hg0&list=RD6OZEguoHeUA&index=1[/video]

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

u guys are nuts,i rather be broke and living in a ang moh country than to have anything to do with this shithole.unless SAF offers me a cushy 100k a year job of course.

Denmark would welcome u. Just surrend every cent you hv and you will b citizen for life.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

thats some weird inbreeding nazi genetic experimentation dna splicing over there......a ugly chink plus a ugly honkie coming up with some mixed anglo asian oriental dish.

He looks more asian and weird looking too. Got the bad end of the lottery.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Bro, I am neither pro- nor anti NS, just saying that it is a part of life for all (male) citizens of Singapore. How effective it is against "enemies", that's left to be seen. I agree that EVERY nation is responsible for her own defense, this was already made clear to Singapore when the Japanese invaded during WW2. The Bristish weren't aggressive enough to fend off the Nips. Serving one's nation should be done with pride, and honour, but the attitude many Singaporeans have for National Service lacks this. It is somewhat changing looking at the younger lads, but some old sentiments still persist. NS obligations have made some people resent the nation even more!

Cheers!

If u are pro NS, u are brain dead. If you are anti NS, then u have a brain. Either way, its not a way of life. Why not? Because half the population are not obligated to do it. How can it then be a way of life? Crammed into a MRT train in the morning is a way of life. Everyone has to go thru it. This is not a way of life.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I knew one white boy during my NS. he served his NS "voluntarily", broke his leg during BMT, downgraded to PES C9 something. he was a clerk, went AWOL twice, and spent some time in detention barracks. he had stories to tell too. the papers should interview him then. :rolleyes:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Most of my friends are living in Singapore, and looks like they will be here till they die. Many of them have children who are now in University of Polytechnic. I do not know who they voted for, but most of them are anti-PAP (at least when they talk about local politics). In fact, only one is pro-PAP. He is full of praises for his good and happy life, and attributes them to the work and dedication of the late Lee Kuan Yew. However, local politics is very seldom discussed with my circle of friends, mostly talk about business or job opportunities.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since you asked, I am nieither pro- nor anti-NS. I just did it when my time came because it was the law and I knew there was no way I'd be able to avoid it. I wasn't one of those who viewed it as an interruption to my studies.

Crammed into the train during rush hour is part of life in most urban centres/cities throughout the world. More than half the world's population live in cities now. And this trend is growing. Singapore's case is more severe because there isn't a countryside people can escape to on weekends (unless one calls Pulau Ubin as one). Mall are crowded, housing estates are crowded, banks are crowded, streets are crowded, even the parks are crowded! It is diffifcult here to avoid the madding crowds! Weekends, I just try to head for places that have few people and hope to just vege out there.

Cheers!

If u are pro NS, u are brain dead. If you are anti NS, then u have a brain. Either way, its not a way of life. Why not? Because half the population are not obligated to do it. How can it then be a way of life? Crammed into a MRT train in the morning is a way of life. Everyone has to go thru it. This is not a way of life.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Soon SAF will be full of White Boys and PRCs.