• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY put a 9 hole golf course on Istana grounds for personal use, abuse of power!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Taxpayer suckers paid for Old farts 9 hole personal golf course on Istana grounds, a facility that he should not even be setting foot in since it is the official residence of the President. Most Peasants will never even smell the golf course or afford golf clubs, even if they want to golf badly. Apparently, Familee was starting to fall part and Ah Yang put together family gatherings as a means to hold them together. Really?

10 things we learned about the Lee family from Lee Hsien Yang’s eulogy — Martino Tan -

MARCH 29 — All of us have heard elder son Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s moving eulogy that highlighted the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s life, achievements and legacy.

Lee Hsien Yang, his second son, chose to share the personal side of his father, at the state funeral service held at the National University of Singapore.

By doing so, the Chairman of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore and former Singtel CEO revealed an aspect of the Lee family that many do not know.

Below are 10 things we learn about the Lee family from Lee Hsien Yang’s eulogy:

1. Lee Kuan Yew’s children were protected by security officers: “As a teenager in secondary school, seeking to assert my independence, I would sometimes ride the public bus. Papa did not object, and my poor security officer had to follow me around on buses. When I was in junior college and keen on outdoor activities, my security officer shadowed me as I trekked around Pulau Ubin, Pulau Tekong and canoed around Singapore.”

2. Lee’s note to Hsien Yang and his wife in his memoirs: “In September 1998, when he gave Fern and me our copy of his memoirs, “The Singapore Story”, he penned a note with a tinge of regret: “To Yang + Fern, You grew up while I was running around as I describe in this book.”

3. Where the Lee family spent their holidays: “We did not go anywhere far away, posh or exotic: the government rest houses in Fraser’s Hill, Cameron Highlands, and after independence in 1965, Changi Cottage, a small seaside bungalow that holds many precious memories for me.”

4. Lee Kuan Yew used to love golf: “Golf was Papa’s principal recreation, so golf featured prominently not only on vacations, but also after work in the evenings. The nine hole course in the Istana grounds provided ample room for us children to find adventure whilst he golfed.”

5. Lee family’s first holiday overseas: “In January 1973 when I was 15, Ling and I joined Papa and Mama on a trip to visit Loong who was at university in Cambridge. It was our very first family holiday where we traveled so far away. On that trip, Papa and Mama took the family to Stratford upon Avon, Shakespeare’s birthplace.”

6. Lee and his wife do not always agree on family matters: “When Fern and I married in 1981, Papa was keen to have us live with them at Oxley Road. Mama, perhaps because of her own difficulties living with her in-laws as a new bride, and Fern too, had reservations”.

“The arrival of grandchildren was also a source of great joy for Papa and Mama. Mama was traditional enough to have been thrilled that Fern and I had one son after another but my sense is that Papa would have been equally happy and delighted if we had had three girls”.

7. Hsien Yang started holding family gatherings: “Fern and I wanted to help the family hold together and create some happy occasions to continue to share…we began inviting the family to our home for Papa’s and Mama’s respective birthdays, for which I would cook a simple meal…Papa loved a good steak and had a Peranakan sweet tooth for desserts.”

8. LKY vs Li Shengwu: “The grandchildren had views of their own and could be outspoken, and were often ready to engage with Papa on issues of the day. I recall one birthday dinner where Shengwu debated with his Ye Ye till late, long after we had finished dinner, both sides wanting to ensure that the other understood his perspective and point of view!” Li Sheng Wu is the son of Hsien Yang and won the Best Speaker in the World (World Universities Debating Championship) in 2010.

9. Visiting the zoo with grandchildren: “When the grandchildren were little, Papa would love to have them playing around him as he exercised after work in the evenings. At weekends he and Mama often took them out – to the zoo, the bird park, the science centre and other places where families like to go.”

10. The pet names the Lee family used for each other: Papa (Lee Kuan Yew), Mama (Kwa Geok Choo), Loong (Lee Hsien Loong), Ling (Lee Wei Ling), Fern (Lim Suet Fern, Hsien Yang’s wife) and Yang (Lee Hsien Yang). — Mothership.sg
- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/w...ien-yangs-eulogy-martino#sthash.GoGdeTgc.dpuf

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
He could not assert control over family n you expect he can lord over a nation? Only dumdfarks subscribe to his fat arse

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Wah, even Obama does not have a 9 hole golf course in the White House grounds. Old Fart bigger shit then Obama?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, even Obama does not have a 9 hole golf course in the White House grounds. Old Fart bigger shit then Obama?

Perhaps it was inherited from the British? Padang for cricket and Istana for a good tee. Can't expect the Governor to mingle with riff raff u know.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY should have build a stairway to heaven in istana,cause sure as hell no amount of money in the world can save his soul.

[video=youtube;w9TGj2jrJk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9TGj2jrJk8[/video]

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama got miles of security around the White House..so much that people have jumped across the grounds to meet him

Obama has to join queue to play golf. The paid session with najib in hawaii made many golfers upset.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
We should burn that golf course so that Ah Gong can use it on the other side.

They should turn it into a picnic area for apuneh dorm workers to use on their day off. They can use the bunker to shit, so they don't need to come into the Istana and use the toilets. After all, they want us to welcome FTs.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He could not assert control over family n you expect he can lord over a nation? Only dumdfarks subscribe to his fat arse

He cannot even control his own wife, she wears the pants in the family.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Perhaps it was inherited from the British? Padang for cricket and Istana for a good tee. Can't expect the Governor to mingle with riff raff u know.

Doubtful, the existence of this golf course appears to be a closely guarded secret. I have never heard it mention. If it was a legacy of the Brits, Old fart would have used it as an example of colonial decadence in his quest for election.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doubtful, the existence of this golf course appears to be a closely guarded secret. I have never heard it mention. If it was a legacy of the Brits, Old fart would have used it as an example of colonial decadence in his quest for election.
hahaha.....to say u are an empty vessel is an understatement...
u are also a frog in the well...
the existence of a 9 hole golf course in istana was since colonial time and well known/publicise...
that u are not aware is considered a closely guarded secret???

google harder and u will find many other guarded secrets (to u)......truly retarded.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

I ve been on istana grounds in early 2000s. It was there alrite.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should turn it into a picnic area for apuneh dorm workers to use on their day off. They can use the bunker to shit, so they don't need to come into the Istana and use the toilets. After all, they want us to welcome FTs.

We need the pinoy ladies to do bj on hung also. Otherwise it will b so deadpan.