• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Swing Voters Who Voted WP Were Mostly Cougars And Old Maids!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1d445e1381493c04147c25d39b566e81

Swing voters who chose the opposition in Singapore’s general election last September mainly consisted of women who had an average age of 38, according to survey findings revealed by the Institute of Policy Studies on Wednesday.

Speaking at the IPS symposium about her findings on the demographics of voters, researcher Zhang Weiyu noted that the actual percentage of swing voters in the past election was 5 per cent.

Most of the ones who swung to the opposition lived in either one to two room HDB flats or four room HDB flats, and most of them ranked “having different voices in Parliament” as a top concern, the survey found.

In 2015, the ruling People’s Action Party won the election with 70 per cent of votes, a big swing from the previous election in 2011, which they won by only 60 per cent of votes.

Ironically, 84 per cent of the voters who swung from the PAP to the opposition last year, had attended mostly rallies held by the former, said Zhang.

Meanwhile, the swing voters who picked the ruling party in GE 2015 were mostly men at an average age of 43, according to the survey.

Zhang said that the voters typically lived in four-room HDB flats and had higher education level.

Seventy-nine per cent of the swing voters who attended rallies went for the ones organised by the Workers’ Party.

“Both types of swing voters tended to participate in rallies more, but they participated more in those held by the party they actually abandoned,” said Zhang.

Researcher Elmie Nekmat said that active participation on social media does not necessarily influence voting behaviours.

According to his research findings, open platforms such as public Facebook statuses or discussions in an open Facebook group have little significance in influencing voters’ opinions on housing, transport and population.

However, participation via closed social media, such as Facebook messenger or WhatsApp, did have an impact on public opinions, he said.

Based on findings by another researcher, Debbie Goh, who did a survey on personalised communication and the knowledge gap during GE 2015, she discovered that for voters aged 60 and above, the ones with below average online engagement had a higher mean knowledge score compared to those with above average engagement.

For those in the high-income level, below average users scored close to the maximum score, while above average users scored a little lower.

Goh concluded, “Excessive [online] use by some groups had negative influence on knowledge.”

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/who-swung...ge-2015-mostly-020201960.html?linkId=20768904

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 2015, the ruling People’s Action Party won the election with 70 per cent of votes, a big swing from the previous election in 2011, which they won by only 60 per cent of votes...

This big swing is due to one factor only, lah ... the imported foreign shits who gave their votes to their pappies God only. What reason to vote oppie? None, leh.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i will repeat the same sentimentalities i share with kenneth jeneryatnam.singaporeans deserves to die and yes i hope they burn in hell....and yes they deserve the government they get.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's no mystery. many lau kway bu's are converted by marjojohn to oppo after he sucks the pap toxic tonic out of them. :p

jw5

Loyal
Swing voters who voted opposition are mainly women of average age 38? Hard to believe. :rolleyes::biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This big swing is due to one factor only, lah ... the imported foreign shits who gave their votes to their pappies God only. What reason to vote oppie? None, leh.

The big swing is due to loud-mouth sinkie males who openly cursed PAP but at the polls, quietly voted for PAP instead. That was the findings of the survey.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's keepin' track of the fact
Watching them watching back
That makes the world go 'round
"What's that sound?"
Each time you hear a loud collective sigh
They're making music to watch girls by

[video=youtube;E7iXpTJk15s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7iXpTJk15s[/video]

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The big swing is due to loud-mouth sinkie males who openly cursed PAP but at the polls, quietly voted for PAP instead. That was the findings of the survey.

From 2011 to Sept 2015 Papaya imported 450,000 Foreign Trash
these Foreign Trash were converted to become Shitizen, when
they swear to become Shitizen, they swear allegiance to the Papaya
gahmen failing which they will be deported if they found to vote opposition!

That simple! That's how they gained 70% votes!!

they the bitter lesson in 2011!!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if it's true..................and there's no election sorcery...............

then these FARKING OLD PUSSIES will do the country in.................

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I voted for the opposition because I want my CPF back.
Next GE I will still vote for the opposition because I still want my CPF back.

More people will share my feelings because the older everyone gets to the CPF withdrawal age, more will demand their CPF.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Shocking! But i seemed to have heard this before. I wonder where. :cool:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
people who voted for the PAP bandits were so stupid and uncool. bet even the PAP were laughing at them.

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This researcher is plain dumb. How can an election be fair when the Election is conducted by the PM?

Sinkie voters have already spoken time and again that they accept nothing in this life is fair. They expect the opposition to win this uphill battle to prove their legitimacy. If you cannot accept it, then let PAP walkover every elections. Otherwise migrate.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are people who want the PAP to be the government but also wanted to have their voices heard.

So they went to the Opp rallies not so much to vote for the Opps but to send a signal to PAP that there are some matters they need to pay greater attention.

Strange voters indeed.