• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Famous Tao Kwa Pau today last day!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Though they'll be moving to new location it won't be anytime soon.....at least after CNY.
So go down to get your final fix.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one of the ingredients is pork lard and the seller fries it into crispy pork lard.
it is tasty but brothers, please dont eat them so often.

i go there may be twice a year.
eat their tau kwa pau, braised duck meat, fish balls and fried yam.
my children like them.
the new location is dunman food court.
that place is very notorious because it is short of parking space

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one of the ingredients is pork lard and the seller fries it into crispy pork lard.
it is tasty but brothers, please dont eat them so often.

i go there may be twice a year.
eat their tau kwa pau, braised duck meat, fish balls and fried yam.
my children like them.
the new location is dunman food court.
that place is very notorious because it is short of parking space

The one you mentioned is Mary's which is the fake.
The one I talking about is the originator Sheng Cheng jimmy currently at the Hostel.
Jimmy used to be at Mary's until she kicked them out and copycat the dish at their old location.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dsc03799.jpg

show picture lah, FT like me don't know what you guys talk about

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The one you mentioned is Mary's which is the fake.
The one I talking about is the originator Sheng Cheng jimmy currently at the Hostel.
Jimmy used to be at Mary's until she kicked them out and copycat the dish at their old location.

I mentioend Seng Seng Tau Kwa Pau.
I am a peranakan and grow up in east coast.
Many years when I was still a virgin, Seng Seng Tau Kwa Pau was situated diagonally opposite 112 Katong. At that time there was no 112. Seng Seng used to sell Tau Kwa Pau at current Awfully Chocolate.

Seng seng has 2 helpers. one tall and one short.
the short helper used to sell laksa beside seng seng tau kwa pau stall (currently this shop is occupied by Awfully chocolate). At that time seng seng son was still young and did not help out.

now seng seng son is about 20? got tattoo at the back.
both 2 helpers, seng seng and his son are heavy smokers.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many years when I was still a virgin, Seng Seng Tau Kwa Pau was situated diagonally opposite 112 Katong. At that time there was no 112. Seng Seng used to sell Tau Kwa Pau at current Awfully Chocolate.

the short helper used to sell laksa beside seng seng tau kwa pau stall (currently this shop is occupied by Awfully chocolate). At that time seng seng son was still young and did not help out.

Sista, there used to be a stall selling duck rice and tau Kwa Pao inside that old, run down coffee shop across ( not diagonal) the street at that same traffic junction, from 112 Katong. You know where there moved to?

The Coffeeshop is still there but the tau Kwa Pao no longer there since couple years ago. I think they moved after you lost your virginity.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My bad. Sorry sista.
When you mentioned dunman food center I thot you were talking about Mary the fake.
With jimmy's new location also there.....can have showdown and folks there will be able to taste the real McCoy.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sista, there used to be a stall selling duck rice and tau Kwa Pao inside that old, run down coffee shop across ( not diagonal) the street at that same traffic junction, from 112 Katong. You know where there moved to?

The Coffeeshop is still there but the tau Kwa Pao no longer there since couple years ago. I think they moved after you lost your virginity.

That's the one. The corner coffeeshop now it's name is alibarbar coffeeshop.
Directly Opposite or diagonal to 112 depends on how you see it.
Sheng Cheng the originator which also sells duck rice used to be there. Owner jimmy then moved to TK hostel and now moving again to dunman food center in March.
Mary set up shop in that coffeeshop to freeload on the originator's fame selling copycat.
Mary is now in dunman food center.

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya that's the original place but I liked the old lady's wantan mee better.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only is this fuck shit edible, it is FAMOUS!!! My colleaque lives in Bt Batok will drive all the way to the east to eat this! I like good food, but I wouldn't go so far for any food. Convenience is important too!

Cheers!

is this fuck shit edible???

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad that Alibabar has taken the route to what it is now - variety of craft beers. And the tacos aren't bad either!

Cheers!

Sheng Cheng the originator which also sells duck rice used to be there. Owner jimmy then moved to TK hostel and now moving again to dunman food center in March.
Mary set up shop in that coffeeshop to freeload on the originator's fame selling copycat.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for joining all the dots.

Back to your topic, you mean today this stall last day in Dunman Food Centre? Holy shit if it is! Today I found out where they went and today their last day in business, at least for now?