• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Happy Lunar Chinese New Year. 新年快樂

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
新年快乐,身体健康 :smile:
How are you Charlie?
I have been busy on a cumbersome project :(

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i call it happy lunar new year. i dont use the word chinese and dont want to be linked to PRC.
many countries celebrate lunar new year. it is not chinese new year.
Vietnam call it Tet holidays.
Korea call it Seolla

what the fuck is chinese new year?

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am fine. Thank you.
The weather this week has been mild.
I have not seen your "post" for several days.
Take care.

Good morning Charlie :smile:

Do keep warm. I have no time to write my pieces as I am rather busy with work projects. I miss my running as well :(

Hopefully, the pace will be better after the Lunar new year. Stay healthy Charlie.

tictactoe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do keep warm. I have no time to write my pieces as I am rather busy with work projects. I miss my running as well :(

Hopefully, the pace will be better after the Lunar new year. Stay healthy Charlie.

Did you miss kamlanning John Tan?:smile:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we lived in a temperate seasonal zone, this would be a new Spring. The weather warms up, flowers bloom, animals give birth. It is the start of a new cycle of life. But not new year, because we use another calendar, in which the start of the new year was a couple of weeks earlier.

And I agree with you - it is more apt to call it Lunar New Year than Chinese New Year. I think Chinese (not just PRC) the world over go by the other calendar used by the rest of the world too. It is also correct to call it by the animal symbol of the year. So this time around, we can wish each other Happy Monkey Year. Or more accurately, Happy Macaque Year, since the primate specie shown is the (Long-tailed) Macaque.

Cheers!

i call it happy lunar new year.........................................

what the fuck is chinese new year?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am trying to stay healthy, especially during the winter.
I have been trying to "do well on my own" using the "SAF's IPPT" standards.
Although I try to exercise at a gym 4 to 5 times a week, since last week, I have been trying to run 2.4 km as fast as I can, before I exercise with "muscles strengthening machines or equipment"
Take care, and try not to skip running for more than 2 consecutive days.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not only the "Chinese" who celebrate new year based on the moon or Lunar New Year.

I believe that the Jews and the Persians New Year is also based on the moon / lunar.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am trying to stay healthy, especially during the winter.
I have been trying to "do well on my own" using the "SAF's IPPT" standards.
Although I try to exercise at a gym 4 to 5 times a week, since last week, I have been trying to run 2.4 km as fast as I can, before I exercise with "muscles strengthening machines or equipment"
Take care, and try not to skip running for more than 2 consecutive days.

That is fitness, not health..

Health is what you eat.. so what do you eat?

of course exercise and diet must go in pair.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is fitness, not health..

Health is what you eat.. so what do you eat?

of course exercise and diet must go in pair.

I eat almost the same food from Sunday to Saturday.

Breakfast: usually one red grapefruit or orange, then one boiled egg or omelette, oat porridge (part organic large flakes and part organic "Scottish" oat meal), or low sugar cereals (and recently no sugar no sodium wheat cereals), or home made ten grain pancake, with milk and half a cup of coffee

Lunch: if I am at home, chopped fresh garlic added to home made soup (could be pureed butternut squash, carrots, potatoes, parsnip with chicken stock from chicken drumsticks with ground pepper, ground paprika, oregano, basil; or mixed vegetables with similar chicken stock; or red lentils, black lentils, yellow lentils, organic French green lentils with similar chicken stock; or mixed beans with similar chicken stock) on one day, salad the next day (celery, cucumber, tomatoes, red bell pepper with mixed beans with olive oil or avocado oil), sometimes, oven roasted turkey breast or beef salami on whole wheat bread. Sunday lunch - if not going for a buffet lunch, then could be smoked salmon with fresh light rye bread and red grapefruit and avocado salad, home made three kinds of mushroom consomme soup; or grilled sausage (pork sausage with basil and sun dried tomato) with steamed green beans and mashed potatoes

Snack: organic baguette with brie, banana or apple or raspberries or blackberries or blue berries, sometimes unsalted pistachio or almonds or cashews

Dinner: Sat and Monday - bbq salmon, steamed butternut squash or steamed sweet potatoes (sometimes, it is boiled potatoes) with steamed broccoli and cauliflower
Sunday - depending on what I eat for lunch, could be grilled sausage (when not for lunch) or pasta with stirfried zucchini, mushrooms, red pepper, onions, garlic
Tuesday - either store bought bbq chicken or I will grill or bake boneless skinless chicken breast, with baked potato and steamed green beans and carrots
Wed - usually pasta with stirfried zucchini, mushrooms, red pepper, onions, garlic, and tomato sauce
Thur - sometimes fried rice with chicken, eggs, onions, green peas; or home made tacos with beef, red kidney beans, diced tomatoes
Friday - sometimes fish and chips, sometimes poached sole with boiled potatoes, sometimes pasta, sometimes grilled fresh halibut (when in season), sometimes varenyky (dumpling filled with potatoes and onions or saukraut, in Ukrainian, or also known as perogies in Polish)

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Happy new year is so much better than gongxi facai.....

The latter reveals the fact all scum chinks only one purpose in life is to huat....facai.....getting rich is the be all and end all for scum chinks