• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP: Throw away all your TVs and Radios and Car hi-fi next year, or watch TV3 RTM

Shut Up you are Not MM

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saveth1.png

There is no more signals directly receivable on your TV & Radio from SG broadcast next year. And Ah Pek Ah Mah will start to think their TV Radio spoiled so sell them all to Karunguni!

But depending on your antenna setup you may be still able to get Malaysia & Batam broadcasts.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/analogue-broadcast-be-phased-out-2017

Fully digital broadcasts by the end of 2017

mail
print
View all comments
[Pin It]
Tweet

By
Louisa Tang
[email protected]
Published: 9:37 PM, January 21, 2016
Updated: 12:41 AM, January 22, 2016

SINGAPORE — Analogue broadcast will be no more by the end of next year, marking the end of a nation-wide migration to digital broadcasting that began in 2012.

The deadline was announced by Minister for Communications and Information Yaacob Ibrahim in his ministry’s addendum to the President’s address released today (Jan 21). Already, 65 per cent of households can now receive digital television (DTV).
RelatedNews
Singapore
Laws to stiffen defences against cyber threats planned
January 21
Singapore
Constitutional Gallery to open at National Gallery Singapore
January 21

In comparison to conventional analogue television, DTV allows for better quality pictures and sound, multi-language subtitles and electronic programme guides.

The Republic’s free-to-air channels first went fully digital in 2012 using the DVB-T2 (Digital Video Broadcasting – Second Generation Terrestrial) broadcasting standard. Since December 2013, all seven MediaCorp channels have been broadcast in digital.

Dr Yaacob noted that full migration to DTV will also free up more capacity for mobile broadband, which will better support Smart Nation development.

Households in “lighted-up” estates will receive information booklets in four languages that will guide them on how to receive DTV. Members of the public can also get information from brochures, videos and posters in major retail shops.

Low-income households can get assistance on switching to DTV through the DTV Assistance Scheme, launched by the Media Development Authority (MDA) in September 2014. The scheme comprises a free DTV set-top box, an indoor antenna, and installation. As of Jan 12, around 44 per cent of eligible households have received the Assistance Scheme package, according to MDA.

MDA is also working with voluntary welfare organisations (VWOs) to reach out to the elderly and persons with disabilities, so they are aware of what they need to do to prepare for the digital switchover.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for radio also meh ?..............last time they go to digital radio then it flopped becoz hardly anyone has a digital tuner and later they announce they ceased digital radio broadcast..............this switch affects only tv lah........

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
All u need is get a digital tv set top box and connect to your old tv - costs $90

For the newer tvs, u only need to get an antenna - costs $30

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't need to watch the local stuff because I'm watching TV via the internet.

I have not watched any programs on any of the local channels for a good 12 years already, all craps, nothing but craps. The TV is on subscribed channels & I watch movies on Blu Ray player....I have missed nothing on local TV's....:p

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have not watched any programs on any of the local channels for a good 12 years already, all craps, nothing but craps. The TV is on subscribed channels & I watch movies on Blu Ray player....I have missed nothing on local TV's....:p

Local TV stations are nothing compared to those stations in Taiwan and Hong Kong. In sinki land, you get to see Teeko Neo and his cronies like Mark Lee clowning around pretending to be super stars when in reality, they are just rubbish.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo uncle. Nowsaday people watch youtube and netflix, your home still got vcr tapes arh? :rolleyes:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Free up more capacity for mobile broandband? So in another words more capacity to earn milk more money from locals? :biggrin:

Anyway connect to net, you can see many stuff way better than local productions. Who cares ur fucking local production?:oIo:

whorejinx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo u don't know how to buy a $30 antenna to fix is it?

It is so simple to tell what is PAP's hidden intention, which is to make peasants pay subscription TVs. If that wasn't it, their SCV / HDB TV outlets would had provided the necessary digital signal directly without fixing any other antennas necessary.