• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unattended bags cause panic at Queen Street Bus Terminal and Woodlands Checkpoint

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was a brief panic at the Queen Street Bus Terminal last Friday (Jan 15) at around 6.30pm when an unattended bag triggered a bomb scare among the crowd.
The incident happened a day before Stomper Vinesh found an unattended bag and a bottle of detergent in the middle of the road at Jurong West Avenue 4.
A Lianhe Wanbao reader, Xu Wei Lin, told the Chinese evening daily that he heard someone at Queen Street Bus Terminal asking the crowd frantically: "Whose bag does this belong to?"
After ascertaining that the suspicious bag did not belong to anybody, the evening crowd started to back away from the unattended bag, Mr Xu told the Lianhe Wanbao.
"The Jakarta bombing was still fresh in everybody's mind," Mr Xu said. "It wasn't long before someone called the police." The police told AsiaOne that they were alerted to the camouflaged bag at about 6.43pm.
The police requested that the public keep a distance from the bag while they investigated, Lianhe Wanbao reported. Some clothes and home appliances were found in the bag, Mr Xu told the Chinese daily.
"Checks were conducted on the bag and nothing incriminating was found," a police spokesperson told AsiaOne. A man clad in a black shirt was later seen being questioned by the police.
The man, Mr Wong, later confirmed with Lianhe Wanbao that he was the owner of the bag, and explained why it was left unattended.
The 50-year-old electrician said that he had just knocked off from work and was in a hurry to find a place to park his power-assisted bicycle.
As he was worried that the bus queue would get too long by time he parked his e-bicycle, Mr Wong decided to leave his bag in the bus queue to reserve a spot.
Mr Wong, who declined to reveal his full name to the Chinese evening daily, said: "I saw the police car, but I did not realise that they were here because of my unattended bag.
"It was only when I approached the front of the queue that I learnt my bag was missing. "When I asked the ticket inspector about my bag, he shouted loudly that the bag was mine.
The police then rushed over, giving me a shock." After questioning Mr Wong, police returned the bag to him after establishing that there was nothing suspicious in it.
Mr Wong said that it has been his habit for over a year to reserve a spot in the queue with his bag while he parked his bicycle, and it was no different this time.
The permanent resident has been working in Singapore for the past 20 years.
Mr Wong, who hails from Kuala Lumpur, said that he has been taking the Friday bus back to Johor Bahru, and a connecting bus to Kuala Lumpur frequently to visit his 80-year-old mum.
"I like to collect old electrical items, and I have been packing them in my bag over the past year whenever I go back to Malaysia. I didn't expect it to cause any misunderstanding," said Mr Wong.
Another false alarm was raised yesterday at Woodlands Checkpoint after a luxury handbag was found unattended. Three online users alerted Lianhe Wanbao to the commotion.
Police officers were seen surrounding the bag, examining it. The owner of the bag later came forward, defusing the tense situation.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Serious how is it racist?

Damn sad to see this scrooball clone stalking me now getting all butt hurt then again it's nothing surprising for a pappy dog to act like this.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Wong said that it has been his habit for over a year to reserve a spot in the queue with his bag while he parked his bicycle, and it was no different this time. The permanent resident has been working in Singapore for the past 20 years.

So, he has been squatting in sinki land for 20 years to enjoy all the freebies and handouts given by pappies to SPR like him. Aren't the pappies turning the country into a squatter for foreigners?

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
This fear is getting out of hand. Does it mean that anyone who walks around with a back pack is a potential suicide bomber?

It might well be a security issue but until it is proven true, it is too late.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Coming from the resident racist who die die don't wanna admit he's a racist snake? Oh dear....stones and glass houses.

ROFL don't spread your own racist agenda to me. I recall you admitting that you are a racist but now we all know you are also a retard. A face loving retard who manages to fuck himself up from time to time.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indians like me are best. Never a racist :biggrin:

au contraire, they are the worst and most bigoted people in the world. they started the caste system and invented the pariah caste thousands of years ago. This caste system is the mother of all racism and bigotry and IS still practiced in India till to date.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
au contraire, they are the worst and most bigoted people in the world. they started the caste system and invented the pariah caste thousands of years ago. This caste system is the mother of all racism and bigotry and IS still practiced in India till to date.

Have to agree with u, the ah nehs discriminate themselves!

chamar3.jpg