• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eagles Glenn Frey RIP

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eagles guitarist Glenn Frey dead at 67
lg.php
getuid

AFP January 19, 2016 7:02 am
30277196-01_big.jpg

Glenn Frey of the Eagles performing during day 1 of Stagecoach, California's Country Music Festival at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, California on May 2, 2008.

NEW YORK - Eagles guitarist and founding member Glenn Frey, an American rocker whose band dominated charts throughout the 1970s with hits such as "Hotel California," died Monday, the group said.

"It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday," the Grammy Award-winning band wrote on its website.

Frey died of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia, The Eagles said.

"We are all in a state of shock, disbelief and profound sorrow," fellow Eagle Don Henley said in a statement.

"He was the spark plug, the man with the plan. He had an encyclopedic knowledge of popular music and a work ethic that wouldn’t quit."

The Eagles, fronted by Frey and drummer-vocalist Henley, dominated the American rock charts throughout the 1970s with hits including "Take It Easy," "One of These Nights" and "Hotel California" -- songs that endure as cover-band classics to this day.

The group postponed by a year a December appearance to receive the prestigious Kennedy Center Lifetime Artistic Achievement award due to Frey’s health problems.

The rock group was founded in the early 1970s and inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.

Its six Grammys range from Record of the Year in 1977 for "Hotel California" to Best Pop Instrumental Performance in 2008 for "I Dreamed There Was No War."

The Eagles pioneered the West Coast sound of laid-back, country-tinged rock that dominated early 1970s American pop and saw a changing cast of core members throughout the decades.

It split in the early 1980s, only to reform in 1994.

Frey "was like a brother to me; we were family, and like most families, there was some dysfunction," Henley said.

"The bond we forged 45 years ago was never broken, even during the 14 years that the Eagles were dissolved."

The band’s website added that "the Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery."

"Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community and millions of fans worldwide."

Voices from across the music community meanwhile chimed in to wish Frey farewell.

"Glenn Frey, you will be sorely missed. Thank you for all you gave us," folk-pop singer Sheryl Crow wrote on Twitter.

Fellow Kennedy Center Honors winner Carole King, the 1970s pop singer-songwriter who received the award at the December ceremony The Eagles had to miss, tweeted: "R.I.P. Glenn Frey. Deepest condolences to his family and #Eagles."

Frey was born in Detroit on November 6, 1948.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My personal favourite

[video=youtube;4XWxyQVqP-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XWxyQVqP-M[/video]

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
thk bro YY

great music video

70s hv many gd bands and musicians like Bee Gee, America, Bread, Earth Wind and Fire and the list go on

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Very sad. One of my fav bands. Was fortunate to see him with the Eagles at a concert some years back. RIP Glenn Frey.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eagles are one of my favourite bands. Hotel California was released the year of my GCE O levels, and remains popular today. However, the guitarist that comes to mind for the Eagles was Joe Walsh. Saw him at a concert in Cleveland, Ohio, his own band (not the Eagles), where the crowd was shouting "Joe Walsh for President!" He has a strong following and fan base in Ohio. His reply was, "I can't - I smoke pot!" I like his song, "Life's been good." best. I think his home town is Canton, Ohio. (or Dayton).

Cheers!

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eagles guitarist Glenn Frey dead at 67
lg.php
getuid

AFP January 19, 2016 7:02 am
30277196-01_big.jpg

Glenn Frey of the Eagles performing during day 1 of Stagecoach, California's Country Music Festival at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, California on May 2, 2008.

NEW YORK - Eagles guitarist and founding member Glenn Frey, an American rocker whose band dominated charts throughout the 1970s with hits such as "Hotel California," died Monday, the group said.

"It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday," the Grammy Award-winning band wrote on its website.

Frey died of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia, The Eagles said.

"We are all in a state of shock, disbelief and profound sorrow," fellow Eagle Don Henley said in a statement.

"He was the spark plug, the man with the plan. He had an encyclopedic knowledge of popular music and a work ethic that wouldn’t quit."

The Eagles, fronted by Frey and drummer-vocalist Henley, dominated the American rock charts throughout the 1970s with hits including "Take It Easy," "One of These Nights" and "Hotel California" -- songs that endure as cover-band classics to this day.

The group postponed by a year a December appearance to receive the prestigious Kennedy Center Lifetime Artistic Achievement award due to Frey’s health problems.

The rock group was founded in the early 1970s and inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.

Its six Grammys range from Record of the Year in 1977 for "Hotel California" to Best Pop Instrumental Performance in 2008 for "I Dreamed There Was No War."

The Eagles pioneered the West Coast sound of laid-back, country-tinged rock that dominated early 1970s American pop and saw a changing cast of core members throughout the decades.

It split in the early 1980s, only to reform in 1994.

Frey "was like a brother to me; we were family, and like most families, there was some dysfunction," Henley said.

"The bond we forged 45 years ago was never broken, even during the 14 years that the Eagles were dissolved."

The band’s website added that "the Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery."

"Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community and millions of fans worldwide."

Voices from across the music community meanwhile chimed in to wish Frey farewell.

"Glenn Frey, you will be sorely missed. Thank you for all you gave us," folk-pop singer Sheryl Crow wrote on Twitter.

Fellow Kennedy Center Honors winner Carole King, the 1970s pop singer-songwriter who received the award at the December ceremony The Eagles had to miss, tweeted: "R.I.P. Glenn Frey. Deepest condolences to his family and #Eagles."

Frey was born in Detroit on November 6, 1948.

Remember doing a slow dance with a gal to this song by Glenn Frey...........
Those were the days.......

[video=youtube;qmV9vk2950o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmV9vk2950o&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sad to see Glenn Frey and David Bowie passed away within a week..They are both from the era when I started listening to music

Vulture

Alfrescian
Loyal

David Bowie RIP at 69

Alan Rickman RIP at 69

Glenn Frey RIP at 67

69 would have made it a "hat trick"

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yinyang, thanks for the vids. I am not a fan of Eagles. And I only know Hotel California. But after listening to these few great songs, now i know why they were so popular. And interestingly, in this band, everyone is the vocalist.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...thanks for the vids. I am not a fan of Eagles. And I only know Hotel California. But after listening to these few great songs...interestingly, in this band, everyone is the vocalist.
You welcome. Yo, Hotel California's an iconic one :biggrin:

Another latter one, released 1994, you may also like this. Grammy award nomination, from the album Hell Freezes Over