• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chink PR Heavily Fined For GST Tax Fraud! Justice Served!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A Singapore Permanent Resident from China was fined only S$4,500 for defrauding a GST tax refund at Changi Airport. In May 2014, 48-year-old Zheng Da Fei and his wife bought a S$44,500 Cartier watch from the Cortina Watch outlet at Paragon mall, and the couple requested for an Electronic Tourist Refund Scheme ticket which entitles only tourists to a GST refund.

The next day, Zheng Da Fei approached a China Chinese tourist at Changi Airport Terminal 1 to help him claim the refund of S$2,911.21. The China Chinese tourist made a successful refund but the two were later arrested by Custom officers.

The Singapore PR was then fined for S$4,500 while the China Chinese tourist abetting the crime was let off scott-free.

http://statestimesreview.com/2016/0...ned-only-s4500-for-defrauding-gst-tax-refund/

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why dont revoke their PR? This must have been their upteen time doing this as runners of lux goods. Never trust a PRCee.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fined $4,500 for trying to claim $2,900? That's quite a good bet to cheat IRAS isn't it? How often are such scam been found out?

I thought fines are at least 3 times the tax cheated? Oh wait. This rule is only for sinkies. FTs have discounted fines as they are talents........in cheating, that is.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How many here can buy $44.5k cartier watch? These kinda pets' PR wont ever be revoked..

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he can afford that much money on a watch, why does he bother about $2.5k? Greed has no limits with Ah Tiongs.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why would anyone pay $45k on a watch when the smartphone can tell the time just as well as any watch? The chinks have a serious problem with self-esteem to waste so much money on a watch.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would anyone pay $45k on a watch when the smartphone can tell the time just as well as any watch? The chinks have a serious problem with self-esteem to waste so much money on a watch.

Even though I may, I MAY....afford to buy those so called luxury watch...I have always wondered, still wondering, why would anyone want, say a $40K Rolex watch??....you wear on your hand....you go out, you live in fear. Nobody, would bat an eye on my trusty SEIKO watch....you want to steal it..I gladly give it to you.

People tell me, they buy those watches as an investment....how much value can one get for piece of mechanical device that tell time??

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
People tell me, they buy those watches as an investment....how much value can one get for piece of mechanical device that tell time??

I bought my Rolex for $890. It is now worth $3000 after 30 years based on the prices I see at eBay.

However, I've had to spend $600 every 5 years to keep it running accurately.

You do the Math.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Singapore Permanent Resident from China was fined only S$4,500 for defrauding a GST tax refund at Changi Airport. In May 2014, 48-year-old Zheng Da Fei and his wife bought a S$44,500 Cartier watch from the Cortina Watch outlet at Paragon mall, and the couple requested for an Electronic Tourist Refund Scheme ticket which entitles only tourists to a GST refund.

The next day, Zheng Da Fei approached a China Chinese tourist at Changi Airport Terminal 1 to help him claim the refund of S$2,911.21. The China Chinese tourist made a successful refund but the two were later arrested by Custom officers.

The Singapore PR was then fined for S$4,500 while the China Chinese tourist abetting the crime was let off scott-free.

http://statestimesreview.com/2016/0...ned-only-s4500-for-defrauding-gst-tax-refund/

probably not first timer......... so still laffing the way to the bank!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bought my Rolex for $890. It is now worth $3000 after 30 years based on the prices I see at eBay.

However, I've had to spend $600 every 5 years to keep it running accurately.

You do the Math.

I had spent $890 I think that should be around the same time you bought your rolex in small gold Credit Suisse bullions of 10 - 20gms size, kept it for almost....15 years..sold it, the percentage gain is much more than the rolex right? plus the fact that the gold piece is a universal 'passport' to food & freedom in time of war if there was any...you can do the math.

Anyway..we all can do the math..but to each his/her own....I still do not see the value & allure of owning an expensive piece of mechanical device we call a WATCH..never the mind, is it is Rolex or??

I know people...who buy them as an 'investment'...LONG TERM INVESTMENT...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I had spent $890 I think that should be around the same time you bought your rolex in small gold Credit Suisse bullions of 10 - 20gms size, kept it for almost....15 years..sold it, the percentage gain is much more than the rolex right? plus the fact that the gold piece is a universal 'passport' to food & freedom in time of war if there was any...you can do the math.

Anyway..we all can do the math..but to each his/her own....I still do not see the value & allure of owning an expensive piece of mechanical device we call a WATCH..never the mind, is it is Rolex or??

I know people...who buy them as an 'investment'...LONG TERM INVESTMENT...

My point exactly. The point I was making was that watches need to be serviced to keep them running.

I have spent $600x5 = $3000 on maintenance of my Rolex since I bought it which is more than the appreciation in value.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why dont revoke their PR? This must have been their upteen time doing this as runners of lux goods. Never trust a PRCee.

LKY wanted foreign talents and all he got were crooks, cheats, scums and rubbish from ang moh bankrupt countries, PRC commies, ah nehs garbage land, pinoy slumland. To revoke their PR is to get rid of foreign talents, something which pappies would never do. They would prefer to get rid of local sinkies.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How dare you insult our beloved foreigners? Don't you forget who is your boss, okay?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY wanted foreign talents and all he got were crooks, cheats, scums and rubbish from ang moh bankrupt countries, PRC commies, ah nehs garbage land, pinoy slumland. To revoke their PR is to get rid of foreign talents, something which pappies would never do. They would prefer to get rid of local sinkies.

That's why he died ...to avoid the backlash.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My point exactly. The point I was making was that watches need to be serviced to keep them running.

I have spent $600x5 = $3000 on maintenance of my Rolex since I bought it which is more than the appreciation in value.

I thot you were a smart businessman.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

To every PRC commies, social status is important, to show he is one cut above common folks although under Chairman Mao, every one was equal. Today, PRC commies would kill for wealth, riches, status and money and more money. The PRC commies are the screwing capitalists in the world. If they can trample you with their money, they will do it.

They bully and pile scorn on their poor and the downtrodden. Why are their women in sinkie land? To screw and scam the elderly sinki tee-ko=peks, who are easy prey to these vixens, out of money, properties and life savings. The tee-ko-pek owner of the car workshop is one of the preys of an old hag from commies PRC. His misfortune was the subject of a civil suit in recent news.