• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Eulogy

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
On this day, Saturday, 16 January 2016, I decide that I will write my own Eulogy.

When others read their eulogies at the parlour, I find them distastefully false of the person lying in the wake. Exaggeration are overstatements filled the funeral hall. Tears roll, albeit erroneously as the eulogists are often “cannon-fairying” about the deceased.

I do not want any eulogies written and read by others. I want to write and be my own, for nothing is better than the words spoken by the body, right there lying in the casket.

Yes, it’s me speaking.

Everyone has to die. None has eternal life. For every death, some cry, others rejoice.

On this day, I write my Eulogy. My own words, my own thoughts and it’s all about how I wish I had led my life.

Have I led a meaningful life? I am not sure, but I hope I did.

Is there life after death? No one knows. The zealots speak about salvation and reincarnation, but none can prove its existence. And when I die and if I happen to read this, I will probably know there is. Alas, by then, I speak zilch and not an iota will know that life still exists after my passing.

Before death, one usually talks about leaving a legacy, in affluence or otherwise to continue forever. But, perpetuity is a mythos. Nothing is perpetual, as all life and its legacy are expendables and have a limited frame of time. Legacy will be eroded and forgotten as time passes and environment changes.

For I once live in this planet, I am happy to be one, who has led the life I want. Life is like a lighted candle ∼ it glows as it lights, shone brightly as it flights through the passing of time and finally extinguishes by itself when it ends.

My candle has now being extinguished as it is destined to be, so there is nothing I can do. All of us will have to lie down ~ be it sooner or later.

When this Eulogy is read, just as I am about to step into the fiery chamber of fire, which ends the existence of my flesh, I have regrets ∼ regret about mistakes made, love lost and kinship distancing. But such is life. Regrets will never bring back the time.

Friends and Kin, I will be on my way first, and I thank you for being the pillars of my life.

With Love,
Claire

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sister, mine will be short and simple. but whoever survives me will have to hire a few american native tribes people all dressed up in tribe costumes to perform a short ensemble. they will sing my eulogy. it will be sung in a cryptic language the attendees will have to decipher. it will go....."wha yah jah kya ai am." :o

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
sister, mine will be short and simple. but whoever survives me will have to hire a few american native tribes people all dressed up in tribe costumes to perform a short ensemble. they will sing my eulogy. it will be sung in a cryptic language the attendees will have to decipher. it will go....."wha yah jah kya ai am." :o

That's interesting Brother Eat. In fact, I always wonder why when one is about to die, they feel down and sad. I have witnessed relatives and friends death and the everything about be deceaaed is always sombre and sad that she has to depart.

I did tell Sue, I want to laugh as I am about to go. I want to die happily. Laughter and cheers should be the order of that day, no matter how miserable and painful condition I am in.

Well, I think I am deeply affected as I am just back from a wake. Heard those eulogies and they really sound fake. So I thought I better write my own eulogy and not let others spew drivel at my body which is lying there, unable to respond to words spoken by these clowns.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's interesting Brother Eat. In fact, I always wonder why when one is about to die, they feel down and sad. I have witnessed relatives and friends death and the everything about be deceaaed is always sombre and sad that she has to depart.

I did tell Sue, I want to laugh as I am about to go. I want to die happily. Laughter and cheers should be the order of that day, no matter how miserable and painful condition I am in.

Well, I think I am deeply affected as I am just back from a wake. Heard those eulogies and they really sound fake. So I thought I better write my own eulogy and not let others spew drivel at my body which is lying there, unable to respond to words spoken by these clowns.

yup, and hopefully when attendees reach their home and figure out the short cryptic song, they will laugh out loud and go....."hmmmm, he's truly a jerk and jackass even in demise." :biggrin:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup, and hopefully when attendees reach their home and figure out the short cryptic song, they will laugh out loud and go....."hmmmm, he's truly a jerk and jackass even in demise." :biggrin:

Brother Eat, it's time for me to hit the sack. Just had a dose of Sarah, In the arms of An Angel.

Keep in good health and spirits. :smile: Nitie nite nite..

[video=youtube;1SiylvmFI_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8[/video]

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I ever start a thread on why a funeral or wake is always done in a sombre way. In fact I dislike the idea of having wake. Best is after autopsy immediately cremate or buried. Wake will only make people more sad.
If need to have funeral , i prefer a funeral similar to a wedding dinner. Best can hold in a hotel with dinner followed by dance. Can choose to have a theme also. After that lucky draw. Although I can no longer see it but I want my love ones to be happy.

Given a choice, I wish there is no wake , no funeral, no cremate or burial . Just a session of goodbye ceremony then spill my ash to the sea.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A short session of remembrance like the below :

Claire? Claire, can you hear me? I don't know if you can, but I'm talking to ya, baby. Do you know how much I love you? I loved you the moment I saw you. I love you now, and I'll love you forever. No goodbye. There's only love, Claire. Only love.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
For I once live in this planet, I am happy to be one, who has led the life I want. Life is like a lighted candle ∼ it glows as it lights, shone brightly as it flights through the passing of time and finally extinguishes by itself when it ends.

Why the need for a eulogy?

Why can't you just slip away quietly without any fuss?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
On this day, Saturday, 16 January 2016, I decide that I will write my own Eulogy.

When others read their eulogies at the parlour, I find them distastefully false of the person lying in the wake. Exaggeration are overstatements filled the funeral hall. Tears roll, albeit erroneously as the eulogists are often “cannon-fairying” about the deceased.

I do not want any eulogies written and read by others. I want to write and be my own, for nothing is better than the words spoken by the body, right there lying in the casket.

Yes, it’s me speaking.

Everyone has to die. None has eternal life. For every death, some cry, others rejoice.

On this day, I write my Eulogy. My own words, my own thoughts and it’s all about how I wish I had led my life.

Have I led a meaningful life? I am not sure, but I hope I did.

Is there life after death? No one knows. The zealots speak about salvation and reincarnation, but none can prove its existence. And when I die and if I happen to read this, I will probably know there is. Alas, by then, I speak zilch and not an iota will know that life still exists after my passing.

Before death, one usually talks about leaving a legacy, in affluence or otherwise to continue forever. But, perpetuity is a mythos. Nothing is perpetual, as all life and its legacy are expendables and have a limited frame of time. Legacy will be eroded and forgotten as time passes and environment changes.

My candle has now being extinguished as it is destined to be, so there is nothing I can do. All of us will have to lie down ~ be it sooner or later.

When this Eulogy is read, just as I am about to step into the fiery chamber of fire, which ends the existence of my flesh, I have regrets ∼ regret about mistakes made, love lost and kinship distancing. But such is life. Regrets will never bring back the time.

Friends and Kin, I will be on my way first, and I thank you for being the pillars of my life.

With Love,
Claire

That's your farewell message, not a eulogy. You are not supposed to write your own eulogy.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
David Bowie has been secretly cremated without a funeral or any family and friends present

07:57, 14 JAN 2016 UPDATED 10:58, 14 JAN 2016 BY TOM BRYANT

The iconic singer told his loved ones he wanted to “go without any fuss” and not have a funeral service or public memorial

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ever start a thread on why a funeral or wake is always done in a sombre way. In fact I dislike the idea of having wake. Best is after autopsy immediately cremate or buried. Wake will only make people more sad.
If need to have funeral , i prefer a funeral similar to a wedding dinner. Best can hold in a hotel with dinner followed by dance. Can choose to have a theme also. After that lucky draw. Although I can no longer see it but I want my love ones to be happy.

Given a choice, I wish there is no wake , no funeral, no cremate or burial . Just a session of goodbye ceremony then spill my ash to the sea.

Bro, we share the same thinking. I dislike the idea of a wake, especially the Chinese type of wake and funeral procession, wearing of Chinese mourning clothes etc.

Even though I have been in Singapore long enough - a multi-cultural society - I have not seen a Malay wake or funeral. The Malays, when they leave, seem to slip away quietly and discreetly.

The most stylo mylo way to appear in during a wake is like this:

8aSZnA4.png

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, we share the same thinking. I dislike the idea of a wake, especially the Chinese type of wake and funeral procession, wearing of Chinese mourning clothes etc.

Even though I have been in Singapore long enough - a multi-cultural society - I have not seen a Malay wake or funeral. The Malays, when they leave, seem to slip away quietly and discreetly.

8aSZnA4.png

Oh yeah. I talk until forgot about the Malay. Yeah Malay style is good. Leave secretly . Chinese taoist one sibe siao kah loh kah kor n make the children scare.
No idea how's the Indian one.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

8aSZnA4.png

I attended a relatives funeral in aussieland and everyone did dressed like that....luckily I was informed of dresscode beforehand.....
In case you're wondering it wasn't gangland related.....my relative was a decent first generation immigrant with angmo spouse.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I attended a relatives funeral in aussieland and everyone did dressed like that....luckily I was informed of dresscode beforehand.....
In case you're wondering it wasn't gangland related.....my relative was a decent first generation immigrant with angmo spouse.

Omg why dress same as the deceased. :cool: