• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

anybody find daiso's business model fabulous?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im sitting here looking at the ingredients on a can of candy fruit drops i bought from daiso cause i happened to be thristy and there was a daiso and i thought what better way to quench ur thirst than a $2 one litre bottle of japanese funny melon soda.

so i bought this wack ass can of japanese candy that looks like it was manufactured and designed in the 1940s...when it suddenly struck me,these japanese are geniuses.some japanese somewhere must have sat in the winter snow thinking,Jaahpan has been in recessionto for two decades,our economy is stagnant,stock market collapse,real estate bubble burst.what can we do to solve economy problem?i know why dont we take this wack ass can of candy and thousands of other japanese household junk and plastic forks and spoons and tupperware that our manufacturers made and nobody wants to buy and sell it to the stupid gaijin for $2 each???they get a taste of japan and we get their real gaijin money.and thus Daiso $2 was born.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Soon, Miniso will invade Sinkapore. Miniso looks Jap but is a Chinese company ...apparently started by a Japanese in Shenzhen.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You check out the world's billionaires.....only Japan's richest man made his money from selling clothes.....uniqlo.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife likes to shop at Daiso, their products are cheap and quite good quality well worth the $2. Whenever we shop there, it is crowded with very long queue to the cashier.

Sinkies love cheap and good and Japanese quality, I think Daiso's business model is going to be a big success in Sinkieland.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays it is rare to find a store selling a variety of useful products that you find at Daiso. I often go to there just to browse but end up finding something useful to buy:smile:

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies love cheap and good and Japanese quality, I think Daiso's business model is going to be a big success in Sinkieland.

You sure the products are made in Japan ? Most of them are Chinese made.

I came across Miniso in Shenzhen and it offers better variety.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this concept was started in USA, and they called it The Dollar Store. Canada has a similar thing as well (The Dollar Store), everything for a buck, or less.

Cheers!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My wife likes to shop at Daiso, their products are cheap and quite good quality well worth the $2. Whenever we shop there, it is crowded with very long queue to the cashier.

Malaysia and Thailand also got Daiso.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im sitting here looking at the ingredients on a can of candy fruit drops i bought from daiso cause i happened to be thristy and there was a daiso and i thought what better way to quench ur thirst than a $2 one litre bottle of japanese funny melon soda.

so i bought this wack ass can of japanese candy that looks like it was manufactured and designed in the 1940s...when it suddenly struck me,these japanese are geniuses.some japanese somewhere must have sat in the winter snow thinking,Jaahpan has been in recessionto for two decades,our economy is stagnant,stock market collapse,real estate bubble burst.what can we do to solve economy problem?i know why dont we take this wack ass can of candy and thousands of other japanese household junk and plastic forks and spoons and tupperware that our manufacturers made and nobody wants to buy and sell it to the stupid gaijin for $2 each???they get a taste of japan and we get their real gaijin money.and thus Daiso $2 was born.

hello................Daiso started in Japan then go overseas.............you say until they making money only from foreigners

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Soon, Miniso will invade Sinkapore. Miniso looks Jap but is a Chinese company ...apparently started by a Japanese in Shenzhen.

Miniso was reported in the news if i remembered. A chinese version of daiso tats all.:biggrin:

In another words duplicate wif a differ name. :biggrin:

1.99 also can kaput. Why this $2 wont?