• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MudLand Law: ‘You Can’t Defend Yourself From A Robber By Using ...

Najibee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia Law: ‘You Can’t Defend Yourself From A Robber By Using A Bigger Knife Than His’

All hell has let loose on Facebook after a debate on whether or not it is against the law to protect yourself by killing an armed robber, sparked into wildfire following an incident where a man killed a robber to protect his family- and is now facing trial in court (The Zulklifi incident where he killed a robber to protect his family)

The limits of defending yourself, should a thief or robber draw and use a small knife of sorts against you, the victim can’t retaliate and protect himself with a bigger knife. If the robber had no intention to kill, it means that the victim is not allowed to attack the robber in self-defense to the point the robber loses his life. Err, should that be the case, victims will probably lose their lives by the time they finish choosing a knife and guessing the robber’s intentions,” said Faisal in his Facebook post that was uploaded around 8.05 yesterday morning.

The statement made received negative criticism from netizens who felt that the law was too technical in their beliefs- especially for something that was so simple; defend yourself should someone threaten to hurt you.

“The technicality in their statements are too complicated and ridiculous- it’s like following a manual. In moments of panic, nobody has the time to think of such technicalities and backlash,” commented Facebook user Kamal Rabah.

"When a robber breaks in, we’ll have to interview them and ask them for the intentions of their visit, the size of the knife they brought and whether or not they have intentions of killing the victims before deciding what to do,” joked Facebook user Noor Asyikin.

According to Datuk Haazig, the laws allows every citizen to maintain their right to protect themselves and their property from those with ill intentions. However, there are a few limitations to keep in mind.

“For example, should the law state that we use the right to defend ourselves as a defense. Someone breaks into my house with the intention to rob but only has a knife while I have a gun- that wouldn’t be fair.

“The law states that I must be in fear and be certain that there is a genuine risk against me and my family in order to validate manslaughter during self-defense. In the state situation, I might take measures to hurt or even kill the robber, but only with intent to protect my family.

“I can however instead, release a few warning shots to warn the robber. Should he continue to charge ahead and try to kill me, I have every right to shoot and kill him. However, I can’t open my front door upon seeing a robber trying to break in, and fire shots at him. No, the law doesn’t allow it,” he said.

According to him, netizens shouldn’t comment baseless assumptions regarding the topic on Facebook- as they may not have the evidence nor entire story of what happened, unlike prosecutors who do.

SOS : http://thecoverage.my/news/malaysia...nalty-for-protecting-his-family-from-robbers/

http://thecoverage.my/news/malaysia...om-a-robber-by-using-a-bigger-knife-than-his/

NOW YOU KNOW WHY MELAYU BODOH...

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope the robber will also understand and have a seat and maybe a cup of coffee while I call the police to clarify when I can defend myself and my family.

Only after I clarified with the relevant authorities then the robber can resume to rob me. I hope the robber can appreciate my efforts to seek clarification how I can defend myself. It may take a few hours, or even days, before the authorities can revert to my queries. Meanwhile, do I need to provide a bed and meals to the robber while waiting for answers to my clarification?

jw5

Loyal
Huh? If he pulls out a knife, you cannot pull out a gun? If he sends one of yours to the hospital, you cannot send one of his to the morgue? :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;i9VQEgStjx0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9VQEgStjx0[/video]

Use Japanese martial arts to beat up chink robbers. This would really make your day.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malays have "adab" and " sopan santun". Manners. You cannot anyhow go and kill anyone. Must sit down and discuss. This is civility. Find out why he rob people. Offer robber tea and " Kueh mueh". Talk him out of his bad deeds. Don' t simply execute him like what they do in china.