• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Batik

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He insisted his taiwanese made, god knows what crap ∼ Paichi brand shoes bought from the neighborhood stores are better and cheaper, and costs a fraction of the GEOX I bought for him.
You should thank god he did not wear croc

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your dad has his health and his mental faculties, you should consider yourself blessed. Not all of us are so lucky.

What he wears is of no consequence whatsoever.

....i don't normally agree with you but this is a fair statement...leave him alone girl..he is not doing
any damage to anyone...

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Claire, it's unrealistic to expect your old man to change his "ecosystem" -on old habits, including his comfy dressing.
Old habits die hard, and most of us are creatures of habit (including our own idiosyncracies).

Perhaps "lobbying" through your mom may work (if she's got his ear):wink:. Maybe all's not lost on your hopes of new wardrobe yet.
Not unlike my obstinate mom, who balks at my organising her meds in a pill box. Even after wrong dosage and kena warded :rolleyes:

My mum has basically give up on the Old man. Oh dear, hope that your mum is ok :smile:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your dad has his health and his mental faculties, you should consider yourself blessed. Not all of us are so lucky.

What he wears is of no consequence whatsoever.

....i don't normally agree with you but this is a fair statement...leave him alone girl..he is not doing
any damage to anyone...

I guess that is the course of action I am left with. Other than wishing him good health, there is nothing I can do to get him out of his Habits.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just three comments:

1. It's a lost cause: old people are set in their ways. You'll be too, when you grow old.

2. You'd rather your Dad wore something he likes, than tried to please others by wearing shirts that he dislikes. Give me a man who's true to himself and comfortable in his own skin anytime over a guy who pays undue attention to his looks and dressing in an effort to impress others.

3. Hope your 'obsession' with his attire doesn't translate into your judging people by what they wear. It doesn't really matter what a person puts on, as long as he's comfortable in it and he's dressed appropriately for the occasion (e.g. no slippers and shorts to a wedding banquet). At the end of the day, taste in fashion is decidedly subjective. Manners, not clothes, maketh a man.

Hello Yellow. :smile: I am not forcing him. I am trying to make him look younger and better!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I am doing this for his own good ...
no doubt ...

u oni made sum suggestions ... but u tink u r so gr8 dat he cannot reject ur suggestions juz bcos u made dem 4 his own gud ...

u totally fail 2 understand n realise dat he has a mind of his own ... he has his own tastes n freedom 2 make his own choices dat r different from urs ...

he has evry rite 2 reject ur suggestions ... n u simply cant accept it ... u haf no respect 4 his decisions ...

u juz nid 2 tink dat u r not dat gr8 ...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3JlrDr3.gif

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
no doubt ...

u oni made sum suggestions ... but u tink u r so gr8 dat he cannot reject ur suggestions juz bcos u made dem 4 his own gud ...

u totally fail 2 understand n realise dat he has a mind of his own ... he has his own tastes n freedom 2 make his own choices dat r different from urs ...

he has evry rite 2 reject ur suggestions ... n u simply cant accept it ... u haf no respect 4 his decisions ...

u juz nid 2 tink dat u r not dat gr8 ...
Evening R2D2, what is gr8?