• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF Parachutes outsourced to PRC contractors..worthless sinkies

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Screenshot-from-Facebook-2.png

I'd painfully struggled for 2 days, weighing the pros and cons before I made a decision to pen this post.

Learnt from my brother-in-arms our former SAF Riggers' job of preparing our parachutes are now outsourced to PRC contractors!

What on earth are these Commanders thinking when they signed the awarding contract?

Openly, our airborne capabilities like parachute model, jumping height, etc are made known to foreign contractors. We are, literally, placing our lifes in foreign contractors' hands when we leap from the plane?

*Note: SAF Riggers are required to sign for every parachute they'd packed. They're, too, airborne trained so they understand the importance of their job - it is LIFE or DEATH.

We might as well avail them the manifest of our Special Operation Task Force (SOTF) personnel; we don't need to bother donning our masks anymore.

I'd sworn an oath to defend my country against enemies, foreign and domestic. Little did I realise the ones who sold me out are the ones who outrank me.

So much for - RESTRICTED -

That is why i stay away from sinkies....

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
When anyone heard news that our parachutists' fell from sky after pulling release cord and a pillow came out instead of a parachute, please post here on first news!

Very soon, SG will outsource the Defence force to PRC, Indian, and any other 3rd World countries Travelling on budgets as all been lost by Temasick. Only the millions of $ salaries of ministers remained uncut.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what is the point of defending the country when your very own useless and worthless PAP govt betray you..

stupid sinkies!!!!

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
12400488_1697216277157523_857585954266070630_n.jpg

A facebook profile with a photo of a HK actor as his profile pic claimed that some little bird told him our SAF parachutes are packed by outsourced PRCs. However from our investigations, the SAF’s Airborne-Trooper Training Facility (ATF) is located at Pasir Ris Camp (PRC).

Could it be this person overhead someone saying that “parachutes are packed in PRC” to make that assumption they are outsourced?

Furthermore, how can you even trust an account who uses a fake photo from a HK actor? Dodgy much?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
When anyone heard news that our parachutists' fell from sky after pulling release cord and a pillow came out instead of a parachute, please post here on first news!

Very soon, SG will outsource the Defence force to PRC, Indian, and any other 3rd World countries Travelling on budgets as all been lost by Temasick. Only the millions of $ salaries of ministers remained uncut.

When will Singapore outsource politicians and get cheaper ones? Well, politicians are cheaper just about every where in the world.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
*Note: SAF Riggers are required to sign for every parachute they'd packed. They're, too, airborne trained so they understand the importance of their job - it is LIFE or DEATH.

To my knowledge, when i was in the SAF, the riggers were not airborne trained. I have been to the parachute packing shed, and all the riggers without exception are female. many are married to commandoes, simply because these are the only females in close proximity to Commandoes. Judging by their age and shape, they would never have survived airborne training. Very few females go for jump school. It might have changed since I left, but I doubt this part that they are all airborne. In fact, they don't even where a uniform when they pack the chutes. As for signing for the chutes, I think they attach a metal ID inside the chute, so they know who packed it. Its the Commando that has to sign the chute out. Anyway, this is my personal info from donkey years ago, might have changed by now

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
2008, Tuas Power sold;
2008, Seraya Power sold;
2009, SPC sold;
2010, F&N sold;
2015, NOL sold.

aside SIA, anything else left to defense ?

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
All too eager to stir anti-foreigner's sentiment against the government.
The parachutes are packed in PRC - Pasir Ris Camp.:oIo::oIo::oIo:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
2008, Tuas Power sold;
2008, Seraya Power sold;
2009, SPC sold;
2010, F&N sold;
2015, NOL sold.

aside SIA, anything else left to defense ?

Why, the Lee clan of course. And the Kwa clan. Not forgetting the Ho clan as well. I will lay down the lives of my men to defend them.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i doubt you are defending your country. just waste your time only.
The only real defend is to cosy up to USA and get their help during time of war.
You are just cannon fodder. area cleaning.
so dun write nice words like defending your country.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To my knowledge, when i was in the SAF, the riggers were not airborne trained. I have been to the parachute packing shed, and all the riggers without exception are female. many are married to commandoes, simply because these are the only females in close proximity to Commandoes. Judging by their age and shape, they would never have survived airborne training. Very few females go for jump school. It might have changed since I left, but I doubt this part that they are all airborne. In fact, they don't even where a uniform when they pack the chutes. As for signing for the chutes, I think they attach a metal ID inside the chute, so they know who packed it. Its the Commando that has to sign the chute out. Anyway, this is my personal info from donkey years ago, might have changed by now

During my time in NS, the female riggers were airborne trained, because I believe that the philosophy then was to "ensure that they may be using one of those parachutes" during their jumps (they are airborned trained then).

It looks like you may have intentionally used incorrect spelling so as not to reveal your identity or to help you keep track of messages that are not yours.

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This week topic …. The Riggers …..

As usual the opposition proxy, the so called “alternate media” like to stir every single possible issue.

The Independent posted an article :

prc-295x300.jpg

I am wondering if The Independent even bother to check out facts before posting them?
For your information this speculation started from this guy named: Leslie Ang, where he learned the inform from someone else that the riggers job are outsource to PRC.

leslie-300x271.jpg

That doesn’t mean it China contractor …

maxresdefault-300x169.jpg

Now watch this video and learn who are these riggers:

https://youtu.be/3PXdVT2_D9w
Source: cyberpioneer

These job was formerly done in Hendon Camp (Changi) which consists of:

• HQ Singapore Armed Forces Commando Formation (HQ CDO)
  • 1st Commando Battalion (1 CDO)
  • Special Operations Force (SOF)

But now it was done in PRC …. Pasir Ris Camp, so why is it Pasir Ris Camp or PRC?

Pasir Ris Camp consists of the following unit:

• HQ 10th Singapore Infantry Brigade (HQ 10 SIB)
  • Commando Training Institute (Cdo TI)
  • Special Operations Training Centre (SOTC)
  • Special Operations Tactics Centre (SOTAC)
  • Special Operations Tactical Support Centre (SOTSC)

In the video it had also mention packing of parachute are done by the Special Operations Tactical Support Centre (SOTSC) hence that is why …

PRC (Pasir Ris Camp)

Alright, enough said …

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camps_and_bases_of_the_Singapore_Armed_Forces

Source: http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20130615-430052.html

Originally posted in http://www.lovelysingapore.org/2016/01/11/saf-rigger-done-prc/

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...tomy, u have just spoilt the fun....
wait a little longer and you can see the usual totally clueless idiots jumping head in and falling heads over heels to out do each other with retarded comments....

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
LTA wanted to buy new trains. They went to China to source thinking they should be cheaper there. They found one n ask the manufacturer, 'What would happen if
the trains are faulty?'

The manufacturer quietly pointed to the only sign in English that read,

'GUARANTEE NO SPOIL'.

Feeling assured, they bought the trains. Now the trains gv problem. LTA quickly returned to the manufacturer and asked for a refund or an exchange. When the manufacturer refused to give either, LTA pointed to the sign assuring a guarantee.

The manufacturer then said, 'Brother, you are in China. We read from the right to the left.