• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good luck to all Keppel Corp & SembMarine shareholders

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember just a few years ago, keppel was praised to the skies by our PM in his ND Rally speech.

thats what stupid sinkies dont understand,nothing is forever,u can paint it up to be pretty and awesome sounding,but there are forces in the universe beyond our control,even the most powerful empire falls,the persian empire.even the most powerful villians the age of ultron falls,we rise up only to fall.instead of embracing false gods and illusions of stability and power,we must learn to embrace chaos,chaos is the underlying force of mother nature,all civilisations fall in the end because mankind fools itself into believing they can control chaos,bring about order and predictability.chaos is always there hiding,in the cracks and the crooks and nannies of the system,creeping along like vines and tendrils,spreading like tumors.and one day,when one part of the machinery is compromised and collapses and the entire system falls down like dominoes......like toy soldiers we all fall down one by one.the best laid plans of mice and men often lays in ruins.

Last edited:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
How the fuck do you know that I was not shorting Keppel Corpse since April 2015?

I'm a winner and am feeling so elated that I'm able to make money even in a big bear market.

On paper today just Keppel Corpse alone I'm in the money by $16,000 .... how much has your portfolio bled today?

Keppel Corpse closed at 5.15 and so I have got another $39,000 profit in the bag today.

Am determined to ride on this winning bet till it breaks $3 or when oil price hits US$20 per barrel.

All fence sitters and market watchers, Keppel Corpse is on a free fall and it's still not too late to jump in to short it.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keppel Corpse this morning gapped down and now passing at 4.89.

I hope I've shown to many here that we don't need to be like Johntan, zeroo, wunderfool, Scrooball, mojito et al who need to pander to the PAP to make money.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done ... Keppel Corp has become Keppel Corpse and this morning I shorted 100 lots of Keppel Corpse at 5.70.

I've been happy as a lark ever since I sold short 100,000 Keppel Corpse at 5.70 on the 11th January.

Today it closed at the day's low of 4.86 which yielded me another $33,000 in paper profit.

My simple trading formula: cut loss to minimise your losses, but when you make the right bet, just let your winner run.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if i got cash, can i buy sembawang marine? closing at 1.37

in yahoo, all time low is 1.23 in 2008

so how? wait for 60cents sembawang marine?

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Market keeps on sinking, property oversupply keeps on increasing, debts keep on swelling, interest rates keep on rising steadily. When retrenchments come, many Sinkies are going to be bankrupt.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/economy/sibor-and-sor-jump-to-7-year-highs

Sibor and SOR jump to 7-year highs

Published Jan 13, 2016

SINGAPORE - Volatility in the Singdollar amid worries about China's economy and further depreciation of the yuan has sent the three-month Sibor (Singapore interbank offered rate) and three-month SOR (swap offer rate) jumping to levels not seen since the global financial crisis erupted in 2008.

The three-month Sibor - - used extensively to price home loans - jumped to 1.25200 per cent on Wednesday (Jan 13) from 1.21826 per cent on Monday, and from 1.13535 as at end-2015. The three-month SOR - a benchmark for commercial loans and some home loans - soared to 1.75581 per cent on Tuesday, from 1.72498 per cent on Monday, and from 1.7 per cent on Dec 31.

Expectations of further increases in US interest rates, further weakness in the Singdollar against the US dollar and further weakness in the yuan has led to volatility in the Singdollar, Khoon Goh, a senior strategist at ANZ in Singapore, said.

Rayden

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if i got cash, can i buy sembawang marine? closing at 1.37

in yahoo, all time low is 1.23 in 2008

so how? wait for 60cents sembawang marine?

Of course u can. Be it Keppel Corp, Semb Corp or Semb Marine. Oil rig stocks are value buys if u got money to park and will go up... just a matter of WHEN :biggrin:

As always, big fishes are manipulating the small fishes in the ocean. Me? i am just a fisherman.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so many gud beaten down counters ... y muz die-die buy semb marine? ...

i use it as a tool for oil hedging. a simple tool.
now petrol 95 is less than 2 dollars. use oil hits 100 per barrel, i expect pap petrol will go up to 4 dollars .
i can then sell sembawang marine share and make some profit and use it to cover for my expensive pap petrol

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
now petrol 95 is less than 2 dollars. use oil hits 100 per barrel, i expect pap petrol will go up to 4 dollars .
i can then sell sembawang marine share and make some profit and use it to cover for my expensive pap petrol

maybe semb corp is better since it is diversification?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Market keeps on sinking, property oversupply keeps on increasing, debts keep on swelling, interest rates keep on rising steadily. When retrenchments come, many Sinkies are going to be bankrupt.

The 'fruits are not swelling'....bad times, is slowly but surely had arrived..but not to worry, the PAP can, 'upturn the downturn'....for they have introduced new 'actors'...in the playhouse called "THE PARLIAMENT"..stay tune...help is on the way...

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Oil will never go back to $100 per barrel. The ceiling is capped by Iran and US fracking

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/10...ill-thrive-as-crude-prices-rebound-2016-01-12

Keep in mind that oil is a long-term investment. On Tuesday, Credit Suisse analyst Jason Gammel called the short-term outlook for oil “bleak.” But he expects the price of Brent crude oil to rise to $57.75 a barrel in 2017 and $71.75 in 2018. So the price of oil could double within two years.

not too sure will this benefit keppel corp or semb marine directly or not

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/10...ill-thrive-as-crude-prices-rebound-2016-01-12

Keep in mind that oil is a long-term investment. On Tuesday, Credit Suisse analyst Jason Gammel called the short-term outlook for oil “bleak.” But he expects the price of Brent crude oil to rise to $57.75 a barrel in 2017 and $71.75 in 2018. So the price of oil could double within two years.

not too sure will this benefit keppel corp or semb marine directly or not

I think Temasek may launch merger or take over of sembawang marine. They may instruct Keppel corp to take over Sembawang marine with $1.6 a share.
good luck to those existing share holders.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Temasek may launch merger or take over of sembawang marine. They may instruct Keppel corp to take over Sembawang marine with $1.6 a share.
good luck to those existing share holders.

why ask keppel corp take? it is semb corp baby leh