• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good luck to all Keppel Corp & SembMarine shareholders

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boss your timing to square your short position yesterday was perfect. Congrats.

What prompted you to take your profits suddenly?

keppel_d.png

Thank you for congratulatory wishes.

Three reasons why I decided to square my KC short position yesterday:

1) KC was extremely oversold and its RSI yesterday morning was at its historic low of 10%.

2) $100,000 profit before commission within 5 trading days is quite substantial for me.

3) Too many domestic maids, taxi drivers and small-time traders were talking about shorting KC and the O & G sector.

KC today closed at 5.18 and if I had not squared my position I would have to give back $48,000.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
keppel_d.png

Thank you for congratulatory wishes.

Three reasons why I decided to square my KC short position yesterday:

1) KC was extremely oversold and its RSI yesterday morning was at its historic low of 10%.

2) $100,000 profit before commission within 5 trading days is quite substantial for me.

3) Too many domestic maids, taxi drivers and small-time traders were talking about shorting KC and the O & G sector.

KC today closed at 5.18 and if I had not squared my position I would have to give back $48,000.

good for u lo, so close your long position or holding for long term?

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
mor 2 cum ... :eek:

The Sinkie stock market is a reflection that many investors have no confidence in PAP's management and the Sinkie economy is heading for a recession. In just the first 3 weeks of 2016, the STI has sunk 11%.

The news for Keppel Corp and SembMarine keeps getting worse...

Forget Sete Brasil: There’s an even bigger cancellation storm ahead for rig builders

Published: 21 Jan 2016

Both companies face up to $1b in write-downs.

While corruption-riddled Sete Brasil’s fate hangs in the balance, Singapore’s two biggest rig builders should also brace for a wave of contract cancellations from its other large customers.

A report by Maybank Kim Eng highlighted that both Keppel Corporation and Sembcorp Marine have already faced order deferments from their clients. The report warned that it is possible that these deferments may eventually turn into cancellations.

“Yards finance their construction with working capital and do not get paid unless clients take delivery. While clients could still take delivery in the end, deferment carries the risk of order cancellation,” Maybank Kim Eng said.

The report warned that a continued downbeat market for oil and depressed asset prices could pile the pressure on clients to forgo deposits. And as many rigs are contracted on backend-loaded payment terms such as 20% downpayment and 80% payment on delivery, both Keppel and SMM may be unable to re-sell contracted rigs at their original prices.

This will lead to a write-down of book values and already-recognised profits. Maybank Kim Eng estimates that both companies stand to lose up to $1 billion if these order deferments do turn into deferments.

“With depressed asset prices and delivery uncertainties, yards may need to mark down their inventories and work-in-progress (WIP). Recognised profits may need to be reversed. We estimate that Keppel and SMM may need to write down as much as SGD1b and SGD0.9b respectively,” said the report.

“More than half our estimate writedown relates to non-Sete Brasil contracts. In our view, this is the other shoe that has yet to drop,” Maybank Kim Eng warned.

- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/energy-offshore/i...-storm-ahead-rig-builder#sthash.1XUFH5Rf.dpuf

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Sinkie stock market is a reflection that many investors have no confidence in PAP's management and the Sinkie economy is heading for a recession. In just the first 3 weeks of 2016, the STI has sunk 11%.

The news for Keppel Corp and SembMarine keeps getting worse...

What no confidence ?? the 70% have the greatest confidence in the best team the PAP had ever assembled..the can sing up any downturn....we have the best...so sing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTMMRrxx-Ug