• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tsai Ing-Wen will be Taiwan new President on 16 Jan 2016

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
12471564_10153113415336065_994946458031517712_o.jpg

12466297_10153113415911065_1206711299346631510_o.jpg

12440527_10153113415896065_6088638660457502584_o.jpg

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disunity and infighting piss off many deep blue supporters. The last straw came when kmt broke all rules to replace the woman candidate hong xuizhu with the current candidate. The entry of James soong from PFP further split the pan blue votes.

As a result many kmt deep blue supporters switch over to support PFP or choose not to vote at all.

Last edited:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
A DPP victory will slow down development of Taiwan. Good for all Taiwan competitors. Stupid Taiwanese are used by China's enemies as a tool. Just like peesai.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
This time the Taiwanese people will vote DPP into power because they believe that Tsai can run the country much better than KMT. And to tell CCP & UN that Taiwanese people do have a mind of their own.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
2016: DPP
2020: KMT
2024: DPP

Sinkies should learn from Taiwanese. :p

This time the Taiwanese people will vote DPP into power because they believe that Tsai can run the country much better than KMT. And to tell CCP & UN that Taiwanese people do have a mind of their own.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Bian allegedly donated large sums of money to Tsai and DPP's current and past election campaigns over the last few years. even if it is true, this shouldn't come as a surprise. no clarification from mighty Bian.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Bian allegedly donated large sums of money to Tsai and DPP's current and past election campaigns over the last few years. even if it is true, this shouldn't come as a surprise. no clarification from mighty Bian.

Ah Bian is so cute and he finally did the right thing :p

I hope this Saturday results will be big win for DPP and a crushing defeat for KMT :*:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Bian is so cute and he finally did the right thing :p

I hope this Saturday results will be big win for DPP and a crushing defeat for KMT :*:

the Chinese Nationalist party is a misunderstood party in China and Taiwan. in its history, they have to contend for political power against two very cunning and despicable rivals, the CCP and the DPP. :wink:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinese suffered high inflation in 1945 to 1949 under the rule of KMT and now the Taiwanese suffered low wages under KMT rule.

Not forgetting back in 1949 KMT generals fled to US with the country funds and forsaking the country while in civil war. Only daft people trust a KMT garment :kma:

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
蔡英文 Tsai Ing-wen
3 hrs Ago

終於,我們一起走到了這裡。

四年前的今天,我們坦然面對2012敗選的結果。那一個晚上,我跟所有的支持者說:「可以哭泣,但是不要洩氣,更不能放棄。」當時,我並不知道,有一天會再走到這裡。當時,我心中唯一的想法是:個人和政黨可以失敗跌倒,但是,民心不能潰散,台灣不能被擊倒。

感謝台灣人民,過去四年來,一路陪伴著我。歷經的失敗挫折,讓我更堅強,也讓我知道,自己應該要更好。

卸下黨主席,讓我有更多的時間走入民間基層。我在台灣的各個角落,看見辛勤的百姓、善良的人情,還有台灣人最堅強的韌性。

在原住民部落,小學校長為了孩子的教育,讓整個部落獲得新生;在縱谷的有機農場,堅毅的女性帶領一群弱勢者自給自足的耕耘;退休的志工們,一起為漁村辦起熱鬧的搖滾音樂節;年輕人回到家鄉,傳產第二代毅然接下棒子,找尋未來的出路⋯⋯這些,都讓我看到台灣這一塊土地上,真正蘊藏無限的「在地希望」。

當我說要「找回自信、點亮台灣」,我說的就是你們,我在每個人身上看到,夢想不在他方,希望就在家鄉。

當我說,「英派,要成為守護台灣的中央山脈」,是要召喚所有改變台灣的力量,並且提醒所有黨內同志,民進黨必須打開大門,與社會的改革力量結合,而不是政治利益的派系結盟。因此,我們提出最好的不分區立委名單,要改變新的國會。

當我以總統候選人的身份出訪,獲得友邦的高規格接待,我不會以此區別藍綠政黨,更不會認為是自己的成就,而是帶著誠信和民主走出去,讓世界看見台灣。

當我們經過四年的沈潛用心,把一項項改革的方案變成具體的政策,我要告訴人民,台灣絕對不只如此。我不會喊空洞的口號或美麗的數字,但是,我一定說到做到。我們要打敗的,是停滯已久的困境,用穩健的改革,讓台灣再起。

當我說,國民黨不等於中華民國,民進黨也不等於台灣。因為我始終相信,分裂的國家沒有重量,團結的台灣才有份量。人民已經厭倦了分化、對立的舊政治,我們需要一個包容、團結的新台灣。

過去四年,我和民進黨所有的夥伴,從來沒有一刻鬆懈,我們一直跟人民站在一起。終於,我們一起走到了這裡。再過30多個小時,所有的競選活動即將結束。最後的一哩路,在1月16日即將跨出最後的一步。

這一步,選擇的不是誰勝誰負,而是台灣能否脫胎換骨,找到人民企盼的出路。

這一步,不是為了政黨席次的輸贏,而是為了打敗困境,贏回台灣人原有的自信。

這一步,要讓所有的「恐嚇牌」、「對立牌」、「悲情牌」和「賄選買票」走入歷史,迎接包容團結、光明喜樂的新政治。

1月16日,請偉大的台灣人民一起踏出這一步,走進投票所,用手中的選票,寫下歷史,寫下未來共同的許諾。團結我們的國家,讓台灣光榮再起!

政黨票,支持「改革的第一品牌」①民主進步黨。區域立委,請支持民進黨和改革的力量。總統、副總統,支持②蔡英文、陳建仁。

Below is the English translation of the above (translated by an online computer robot!):

So, please excuse the robot's grammar and spelling mistakes! :biggrin:

Finally, we have come together here.
Four years ago today, we face the defeat in the election results of the post. That one night, I said with all the support :" Could cry, but don't give up, more can't give up." At that time, and I don't know, one day will go to this place. At that time, my heart is the only idea: individuals and political parties can fail, fall, however, cannot be broken hearts scattered, Taiwan cannot be knocked down.
Thanks for the people of Taiwan, in the past four years, all the way to accompany me. The failure of the years of setbacks, makes me stronger, also let me know, should be to better myself.
Unload the party chairman, let me have more time to go in the civil society and grass-roots. I'm in Taiwan, see all corners of the people, the hard kind of favor, and most of the Taiwanese strong resilience.
In the aboriginal tribes, the primary school for the education of children, and let the entire tribe; a new life in the Rift Valley Organic Farm, perseverance and dedication of the female lead a group of vulnerable to the hard work of self-sufficiency; retired volunteer us together for the fishing village, the bustling bàn qǐ rock music festival; Young people back to their hometown, fu production second generation to take the rod, looking for a way out of the future...... All of these, let me see this piece of land, truly the vast unlimited "local hope".
When I said "Self-confidence back, light up Taiwan", I said, you guys, I got to see everyone in the dream, not the other, hope the right home.
When I say," Britain to send, to become a guardian of Taiwan, the central mountains " to summon all the forces of change in Taiwan, and remind all party comrade, the dpp must open the door, and social forces of reform, rather than in conjunction with the political interests of factions of the association. Therefore, we offer the best regardless of district legislators, to change the list of the new parliament.
When I spoke of the identity of the presidential candidates to visit friends, access to the high standard of hospitality, I won't be the difference between the blue and green as political parties, even less will think is their achievement, but with integrity and democracy and go out, let the world see Taiwan.
When the us after four years of potential heavy heart, put a reform of the programme into concrete policy, I would like to tell the people of Taiwan, absolutely not the case. I won't shout empty slogans or beautiful figures, however, I must do it. We're going to beat the long-stalled, is the plight of the use of sound, the reform of the Taiwan, let the fallen.
When I say that the kmt is not synonymous with the republic of China, the dpp also does not equate to Taiwan. Because I always believe, the division of countries have no weight, unity of Taiwan only weight. People tired of polarization, opposing the old political, we need an inclusive, the unity of the new Taiwan.
In the past four years, I and all the partners of the dpp, never had a moment of relaxation, we always stand with the people. Finally, we have come together here. In a few more than thirty hours, all the election campaign is coming to an end. Last one miles, in January 16 that the forthcoming final step.
This step is not a choice of who wins, but rather whether taiwan extrication, find a way out of the people to look forward to.
This step, not for political parties of the seats was winning, but in order to defeat the plight of the Taiwanese, win the original self-confidence.
This step, to let all the " intimidation card "," Opposing the cards "," Pathos Card " and " buying tickets " walked into the history, meet inclusive solidarity, light and joy of the new political.
On 16 January, please great people of Taiwan with this step, step into the voting station, hands in the history of the ballot papers, write, write down the common future promises. Unity of our country, Taiwan to honor the fallen!
Political parties, with the support of the "Reform of the first brands" ① Democratic Progressive party. Regional legislators, please support the dpp and the reform of the power. The President, the Vice-President, support tsai ing-wen, expect chan kin-yan.

Last edited:

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
蔡英文 Tsai Ing-wen is an admirable woman.

Hope our Singapore opposition will grow as strong in five years time! I know, I can pray and dream :biggrin:

Video below - She spoke at the DPP election rally at 台中 yesterday (13 Jan 2016) evening:

[video=youtube;_4sPRFAaP4I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4sPRFAaP4I[/video]

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
蔡英文 Tsai Ing-wen
1 hr ago

四年前的失敗,沒有讓這個黨倒下去。我們在民主選舉中失敗,我們今天就用更民主的方式再站起來。

只要我們努力、認真、拚命,選民就會看到、就會被感動。

Hope our Singapore opposition can be encouraged by these words.

12471481_10153120419501065_3690603625292828215_o.jpg

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Emma Chen 小英在民進黨跌到谷底時,帶領民進黨走出低潮到今天,証明她是有能力有遠見的人,相信ㄧ路以來溫和理性且堅定不移的小英,會帶領台灣走出困境泥沼!因為她是做事的人!1月16大家一定要去投票

10247197_10153120433871065_8813259211467669794_n.jpg

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Estimate voters turnout will set a new historic low below 75%. This spells bad news for kmt as most absentees will likely be pan blue voters who are piss with the current regime. The onlly uncertainty now is if DPP will win majority in parliament.