• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tsai Ing-Wen will be Taiwan new President on 16 Jan 2016

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was in Uni, all my Taiwanese schoolmates wanted independence and be separated from China. But that was 20+ years ago, I don't know what they think now.

if your ex uni classmates benefited from the inflow of the Chinese Yuan, i bet they will not want to be separated from china. The lure of money can change a person perception of life.

I went Taiwan in November, I saw busload upon busload of Chinese peasant tourists going to visit the chiang's memorial and other tourist attractions at Taipei. Don't know to laugh or to cry when overheard those aunties comments on the changing of guard in front of chiang. it certainty very different since I last been to Taipei when only a few foreign tourists will visit chiang memorial. talked to a Taiwanese volunteer who help out at the memorial, can sense she don't like the mainlanders, was a bit cold toward me until I stated I from littlereddot. talk a bit on the up coming election, she seems to form the majority of the ppl I spoke to, give up on the current bunch of politicians from both side as all promise a lot but cannot deliver. Don't believe too much on the polls, the dishearted voters form the biggest block. the results may not be a straight forward victory for Tsai. While Taiwanese value their freedom but they speak highly of pap govt. As if they prefer authoritative govt that can deliver prosperity over democratic govt. Most of them surprise when I give negative view of the pappies.

income over there had stagnated too long, only the low cost of living buffer common ppl from hardship. too many ppl depend on the tourist dollars as a mean of income. food really cheap over there, a simple meal no more than NT40. at exchange rate of S$1-NT22, that less than S$2.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it appears that this Tsai Ing-Wen is a very evil woman. I wish for the Republic of China's sake, she doesn't become the President. :biggrin:

Lockheed

Alfrescian
Loyal
219295595f2cc2336cd1ae1fd5a792613b2cf0a4.jpeg

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Any chink that wants Taiwan to separate is a traitor. Chinks only can be ruled by one, not two systems. Even HK is secretly ruled by a single system, with its leadership filled with pro-Peking people. All chinks should take up arms if the taiwanese bastards dare to go rogue and declare independence. Respect the feelings of over 1 billion chinks for Chinkia to remain united!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought Lee Teng Hui is half-Jap and therefore, pushing the Jap's agenda.

Officially he's a full-blooded Hakka, but rumour has it that he was actually the bastard child of a Jap soldier who abandoned mother and child after the war.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think she will do better than Chen Shui Bian :biggrin:

That will very much depend on ehether she accepts the 92 agreement . If not china and usa will come down hard on taiwan. The very first sign of trouble is china will open it door to establish diplomatic ties with taiwan allies. Estimate 18 countries are ready to severe ties with Taiwan and switch to beijing. If this really comes true, then taiwan is only left with about half a dozen of countries with formal ties. Much worst than when csb was the president. Other than this, trade ties with china could also be affected. Taiwan economy very much deoend on mainland to survive. We will see how tsai handle it.

Dpp is one party that is good when comes to fighting elections but lousy when it concern running of the country.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best period of growth when Taiwan was one of the 4 dragons of Asia was during the authoritative government. There is however no better government between KMT and DPP. Both bowed to media and popularism and corruption. KMT especially otherwise how they manage to lose mainland China in the first place ?

Chen Husi bien will hope to be released this year if DPP rise to power and it will be another 8 years of chaos for Taiwan. China dun care bcos they have their hands full. US will comtinue to stir shit esp they have their erections this year too.

It will be fun. Japan will be happy as they have another rascal against China.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why ex-president Chen Shui-bian is totally silent ? no need to hide, have some fun. he could come out and laugh at the Chinese Nationalists impending election disaster next Saturday. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
He will only laugh when he gets his hands on the money his son helped to stash away. :biggrin:

why ex-president Chen Shui-bian is totally silent ? no need to hide, have some fun. he could come out and laugh at the Chinese Nationalists impending election disaster next Saturday. :biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He will only laugh when he gets his hands on the money his son helped to stash away. :biggrin:

he said that was Taiwan's independence secret expense fund lah. Tsai should state that she will grant him a special pardon if elected President, to make the Pan-Green coalition very happy. :wink:

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;VVHf9ni09m4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVHf9ni09m4[/video]

Brilliant!!!

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
光榮革命 返鄉投票

[video=youtube;dfiCFmknpB8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfiCFmknpB8[/video]