• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Swiss costs (and russian standards) of living?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In countries like Australia with minimum wage law, a high school (Junior college) teenager can earn more than S$3000/month by working part-time in fast food outlets like MacDonald.

My friend who graduated from NUS engineering is told to be grateful for a full-time engineering job which pays him S$2700/month (and he has to work OT).

Imagine that – a student on part-time job flipping burgers in Australia makes more money than a fully qualified engineer working his ass off day and night in Singapore! And my friend went through a grudging 4 year engineering course at NUS for that?!

To add salt to the wound – A 8 yr old Ford Falcon costs only around S$3000 in Perth. There is no COE or what 10 years nonsense – you can drive it as long as it can go. Many good looking 15-20 yr old cars on road.

I was in Australia for 4 years. My friends all worked during school holidays for Mac to buy their 2nd hand cars. Almost all uni students drive to school.

Yet in Singapore, my engineer friend still has to wake up early to squeeze MRT with Bangala workers/PRCs here. Not to mention having to do the same after a long tiring day at work.

This is a joke – do you see the disparity in the standard of living and quality of life?

Not to forget that a landed, freehold, fully-furnished property (with drive-in auto-garage and swimming pool) in Perth costs only around S$500K – cheaper than a pathetic HDB shoebox which is only 99 yr leasehold and comes naked!

Yet gov still shameless enough to call it “Subsidisied housing”!

PAP said that Minimum Wage law is no good for Singapore – yet at the same time, they are paying themselves millions – the highest paid politicians in the world. Talk about double standards – their duplicity and hypocrisy is boundless.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
My intern at work, 2nd year uni student earning min wage, sits around all day and just apply leave all the time. Also get that much. Don't even have to work at maccas.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My intern at work, 2nd year uni student earning min wage, sits around all day and just apply leave all the time. Also get that much. Don't even have to work at maccas.

is the owner of the company earning profits?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We got so many sinkie overseas students....
Did they all migrated?
Can't be they come back to Sg and yet their votes only account for 30%.....

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Would be good if I can go out do a days work and make 200 bucks.jusst realise if I go out and work two jobs twelve hours a day,six days a week,plus get allowance from parents and ns allowance I would barely make $120 a day,not even a mcdonalds worker in australia....if I work overtime in australia I will be pulling at least $200 a day.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would be good if I can go out do a days work and make 200 bucks.jusst realise if I go out and work two jobs twelve hours a day,six days a week,plus get allowance from parents and ns allowance I would barely make $120 a day,not even a mcdonalds worker in australia....if I work overtime in australia I will be pulling at least $200 a day.

Don't forget centrelink payments as well! Some families have like 5-6 kids gathering close to 2K a month from government alone, plus under the table jobs for around 3K a month. That's 5K a month tax free! 60K a year!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
s'pore is indeed expensive. i was browsing thru aussie dell website yesterday and found that prices of laptops are better priced than singapore's dell. i compare the specs and find that aussie dell is cheaper.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
s'pore is indeed expensive. i was browsing thru aussie dell website yesterday and found that prices of laptops are better priced than singapore's dell. i compare the specs and find that aussie dell is cheaper.

I don't know anyone using Dell here.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't forget centrelink payments as well! Some families have like 5-6 kids gathering close to 2K a month from government alone, plus under the table jobs for around 3K a month. That's 5K a month tax free! 60K a year!

Minimum income is a good social programme.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in s'pore, i bet you can't find a can of coke for $1. in here, i drink coke zero daily and it's $1 per can. it's even cheaper than kopitiam in s'pore.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
in s'pore, i bet you can't find a can of coke for $1. in here, i drink coke zero daily and it's $1 per can. it's even cheaper than kopitiam in s'pore.

Sometimes $15 for 24 cans at woolies here. Less then 30cent a can.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes $15 for 24 cans at woolies here. Less then 30cent a can.

i am referring to those served cold in the fridge not the carton kind from supermart. s'pore is really expensive, come to think of it.:eek::eek: