• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What a start to 2016, just received call.......

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Friend of mine, passed away, just yesterday. Cancer of the lung......
He had half his lung removed, about 1.5 years ago. Left with only one side.
Recently got divorced. I guess the divorce and stress of working, he is posted to China, has taken a toll on him and he resumed smoking more then 6 months back and now this.

Left with 2 kids, secondary schooling.......now his son needs to follow the ex wife side...
Later going to give pek kim..... What a start to 2016. RIP.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
isnt this like the second cancer death u reported?u seem to have lots of friends that are dieing of cancer or jumping off mbs rooftops.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recently got divorced. I guess the divorce and stress of working, he is posted to China, has taken a toll on him and he resumed smoking more then 6 months back and now this.

Left with 2 kids, secondary schooling.......now his son needs to follow the ex wife side...

This is so demoralising. Seems like bad things happen in life much more than good things. Hai.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
isnt this like the second cancer death u reported?u seem to have lots of friends that are dieing of cancer or jumping off mbs rooftops.

Actually cancer is common these days if not this cancer it'll be that cancer

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you think about all the evils and atrocities and sufferings in life, I think death is a nice relief!

Can go to heaven and enjoy! Amen!

Always think positive! Death is not scary when you know Jesus!

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U are right,,,death will be a greater benefit to him,,and he don't drag his family down with him,,,,now he is gone,,,his family can move on.....

If you think about all the evils and atrocities and sufferings in life, I think death is a nice relief!

Can go to heaven and enjoy! Amen!

Always think positive! Death is not scary when you know Jesus!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Life is unpredictable... may your friend rest in peace.

And to you, I hope you do not get discouraged ... go into 2016 with optimism and hope... we have only one life to live, so live it well one day at a time.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In my younger days, I used to sacrifice happiness, health, peace, leisure, family time for work, career success and praise from co-workers and clients. It took a major illness to realize how unimportant work really is in the big picture. Work was not on my mind when I was resting and trying to sort out my life. In the end, what really mattered was health, family and happiness. Now, I still take work seriously. But it is now only a means to earn enough for a comfortable living so that whole family can be happy together, including me.

I am past the stage of sacrificing health and family for work and profits which I know many people today are doing. I have turned down business opportunities if it meant forgoing family and leisure time. Now, I leave the office early or on time. Time spent on family, exercising and just relaxing are top priorities. I wouldn't have done that in the past.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Life is unpredictable... may your friend rest in peace.

And to you, I hope you do not get discouraged ... go into 2016 with optimism and hope... we have only one life to live, so live it well one day at a time.

Hi Wunderful, thanks!!

Am writing this with a heavy heart. Went to the wake yesterday night, while everyone was a little chatty, the mood was somewhat somber, after all, it is the beginning of 2016.

Understand from my kaki that he fell into depression immediately after his divorce. I believe what kept him going was because of his family, even though he had an operation to remove half his lung due to lung cancer. I remember him telling me he will live well, as in a way ,given another chance as the lung cancer only affected one side, the other was clear and give up smoking.

Well, give up smoking he did. However, his job entails him to be posted and work in China, for 4 to 6 months at least a stretch, which affected his family. He has 2 kids, one daughter and one son, and after the divorce, the ex wife took the daughter and him the son. Even after divorce, he still needs to work to provide and leave the son with his sister, instead of the ex wife. That in a way, created many problems for him and with his ex wife too.

Not to delve too much into the details, he fall into a depression and started smoking, heavily again.
Maybe he lost the will to live, and the cancer came back with a vengeance. Six months later, he is gone.

My thoughts is that all counts for nothing, when the family breaks up. Even though he was doing pretty well.
Bade him a final farewell..... for all is over with when one is dead and let the living sort out their problems.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depression is a silent killer.It can be triggered by divorce,sickness,retrenchment,unemployment,business failure,relationship failure,etc.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
moral of the story: avoid china. all 3 friends of mine who lived and work in china as expats for at least 1 year all contracted lung cancer. none of them is a smoker. they're all back undergoing cancer treatment. 1 is at stage 4. :eek:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
moral of the story: avoid china. all 3 friends of mine who lived and work in china as expats for at least 1 year all contracted lung cancer. none of them is a smoker. they're all back undergoing cancer treatment. 1 is at stage 4. :eek:

Where do they all worked?.
This friend of mine was working in Shenzhen.....and was a heavy smoker.

Scary.....all none smoker, yet still kena lung cancer.

Stage 4, the most 1.5 year max.
Fastest 3 to 6 months.......:(:(:(

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

they can only blame themselves for throwing blow jobs at chicken just like mike douglas

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my younger days, I used to sacrifice happiness, health, peace, leisure, family time for work, career success and praise from co-workers and clients. It took a major illness to realize how unimportant work really is in the big picture. Work was not on my mind when I was resting and trying to sort out my life. In the end, what really mattered was health, family and happiness. Now, I still take work seriously. But it is now only a means to earn enough for a comfortable living so that whole family can be happy together, including me.

I am past the stage of sacrificing health and family for work and profits which I know many people today are doing. I have turned down business opportunities if it meant forgoing family and leisure time. Now, I leave the office early or on time. Time spent on family, exercising and just relaxing are top priorities. I wouldn't have done that in the past.

Your work does not require you to sacrifice health and family. It's just por lam par what ? PLP need to sacrifice health one meh ?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

first of all, your friend work for people.. that is why stress..

2nd.. he smoke...

3rd.. he confirmed eat meat.. ok.. one less meat eater.. i am ok with this..

4th.. he is not a MGTOW..that is why stress.. he is a mangina..

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

you seem to have a lot of stories of yourself when people post their own story here...you are a very good story teller.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi Wunderful, thanks!!

Am writing this with a heavy heart. Went to the wake yesterday night, while everyone was a little chatty, the mood was somewhat somber, after all, it is the beginning of 2016.

Understand from my kaki that he fell into depression immediately after his divorce. I believe what kept him going was because of his family, even though he had an operation to remove half his lung due to lung cancer. I remember him telling me he will live well, as in a way ,given another chance as the lung cancer only affected one side, the other was clear and give up smoking.

Well, give up smoking he did. However, his job entails him to be posted and work in China, for 4 to 6 months at least a stretch, which affected his family. He has 2 kids, one daughter and one son, and after the divorce, the ex wife took the daughter and him the son. Even after divorce, he still needs to work to provide and leave the son with his sister, instead of the ex wife. That in a way, created many problems for him and with his ex wife too.

Not to delve too much into the details, he fall into a depression and started smoking, heavily again.
Maybe he lost the will to live, and the cancer came back with a vengeance. Six months later, he is gone.

My thoughts is that all counts for nothing, when the family breaks up. Even though he was doing pretty well.
Bade him a final farewell..... for all is over with when one is dead and let the living sort out their problems.

if he goes MGTOW..he will still be alive today..

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Visit China already buay tahan. Live there, sure die one.