• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cronyism King : Gary Neville's Valencia appointment down to merit - not friendship

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah sure :rolleyes:

j5ESarA.jpg

Lim: Gary Neville's Valencia appointment down to merit - not friendship

garyneville-cropped_acz9v63jk2ts1l522nyszk5da.jpg

By Alex Fisher
Dec 23, 2015 19:20:23

The England coach was selected for the dugout because he was the right man for the job, insists los Che's owner

Valencia owner Peter Lim insists Gary Neville's appointment as coach was based on merit rather than in relation to their friendship.

Neville was handed his first head-coach role by the Singaporean businessman after Nuno Espirito Santo was sacked in November, the former Manchester United full-back installed until the end of the season.

The announcement came as something of a surprise then given his lack of experience in a top job, with some suggesting his relationship with Lim – who is a co-owner of Salford City with Neville – helped his chances.

However, Lim has rejected those reports and says the 40-year-old was hired because he is the right man to restore glory at the former Spanish champions.

"I picked Gary not because he is a good friend; Gary is a good coach, who happened to be a friend," Lim told the club's official website.

"I think that has to be very clear to everyone. I look at him, he has got the potential in him, I knew him for a while and his football knowledge is tremendous.

"He is a top pundit in the UK. I chose him because of his knowledge of football and everything that is around football.

"So as interim manager for the rest of the season, I think that it suits me and I think it will suit the club very well to have him see through the period, and we'll take it from there. That is how I look at it."

"I am very confident about him, the only shortfall is maybe the language. But I believe he can overcome it, because he is a very determined person.

"More important is his experience, not only as a manager but his playing days, I think he can hold this team together. We have a very young team.

"I know a lot of people say 'oh no, he has never been a coach', but I do believe that he has got the ability to become a good coach."

Neville has nevertheless only managed to deliver one win - a 2-0 win over Spanish minnows Barakaldo in the Copa del Rey - in four games, and will be determined to improve that record when Valencia travel to Villarreal on New Year's eve.

LedZeppelin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Cronyism King : Gary Neville's Valencia appointment down to merit - not friendshi

Hacking into this game to get Godmode and infinite weapons and magic spells.

Be warned it will crash the game when u open your game character's inventory menu or pick up the following items: Necklace, Brooch, Earring, Anklet, Bracelet, Orb, Eye of Displacer Beast, Skin of Displacer Beast, Cloak of Displacement, Skin of Manticore, Eye of Beholder, Horn of Dragon, Scales of Dragon, Medal.

21884798974418ea3d71ec2b508c87312d352b4a.jpg

2188479938f80fa1b3ae975795c1902b67b01140.jpg

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Cronyism King : Gary Neville's Valencia appointment down to merit - not friendshi

alamak! ...

iz his moni wat ... how he wans 2 spend it is his blahdy biz ...

he says iz based on merit, den iz based on merit lor ...

if not happy, buy over club n run urself lor! ...

LedZeppelin

Alfrescian
Loyal

D & D : Shadow over Mystara - Item Hacks

In the english version [US early version] this bug is done using the blue dwarf tapping the M in the name screen, it's easier because you can obtain the godmode too but dangerous because the game can crash pressing the inventory button. However the procedure to get infinite item is not clear 100% - other characters still can use this bug, in a sort of a weak version many equip-type item can be obtained from the start.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

alamak! ...

iz his moni wat ... how he wans 2 spend it is his blahdy biz ...

he says iz based on merit, den iz based on merit lor ...

if not happy, buy over club n run urself lor! ...

So tough being a billionaire nowadays. Ownself spend ownself money also have to explain. Luckily Loong no need to explain himself why Ching was appointed to manage Temasek. He has servants to do that for him.

LedZeppelin

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dislike playing online in multiplayer mode with noobs. For example they take the cursed sword 2 (Holy Avenger) without knowing that the Cleric can uncurse it by touching it eight times.

Dungeons & Dragons : Shadow Over Mystara hardest 4p Coorperated no death playthrough

LedZeppelin

Alfrescian
Loyal

So tough being a billionaire nowadays. Ownself spend ownself money also have to explain. Luckily Loong no need to explain himself why Ching was appointed to manage Temasek. He has servants to do that for him.

Cronyism works in business but not in football.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

As a QPR supporter myself, Peter Lim needs to learn from the lessons of Tony Fernandes. Some of his decisions have wrecked this once great club.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

As a QPR supporter myself, Peter Lim needs to learn from the lessons of Tony Fernandes. Some of his decisions have wrecked this once great club.
can learn mor from ah neh venkyz brackburn rovers ...

jw5

Loyal

You don't like Jimmy Floyd as your manager? :confused:

jw5

Loyal

Yeah, should consider hiring Shebby as Universal Advisor. :wink:

can learn mor from ah neh venkyz brackburn rovers ...

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You don't like Jimmy Floyd as your manager? :confused:

Damage was already done with the likes of Hughes, Redknapp became managers.
WTF did Christopher Samba and Park Ji-sung do for the club except get us relegated?

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is a bit too inexperienced IMO,why not just keep Warnock and Ferdinand?

jw5

Loyal

Do you mean Les or Rio Ferdinand? Les Ferdinand is still at the club as Director of Football, he was guy who hired Jimmy Floyd. :wink:

Damage was already done with the likes of Hughes, Redknapp became managers.
WTF did Christopher Samba and Park Ji-sung do for the club except get us relegated?

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is a bit too inexperienced IMO,why not just keep Warnock and Ferdinand?

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Do you mean Les or Rio Ferdinand? Les Ferdinand is still at the club as Director of Football, he was guy who hired Jimmy Floyd. :wink:

Les. Rio was another misjudged signing however he did have to deal with the sudden death of his wife and a string of injuries so not fair to really blame him.

LedZeppelin

Alfrescian
Loyal

One can sign a five year contract with the club and get fired. Ask Mourinho and David Moyes. :biggrin:

Not too long ago Ancelotti said that Bundesliga is dull and there is no competition. He was clearly referring to Bayern Munich. It'll be funny if he takes up the job :biggrin:

If a coach can't win at least one trophy for the club, they'll start looking for a new one. To win the treble at Bayern is the norm. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal

You posted this in the wrong thread, but please be informed that Ancelotti has already signed a 3 year contract with Bayern Munich to manage their team from the start of next season. And yes, it is funny that he will be taking up the job. :biggrin:

One can sign a five year contract with the club and get fired. Ask Mourinho and David Moyes. :biggrin:

Not too long ago Ancelotti said that Bundesliga is dull and there is no competition. He was clearly referring to Bayern Munich. It'll be funny if he takes up the job :biggrin:

If a coach can't win at least one trophy for the club, they'll start looking for a new one. To win the treble at Bayern is the norm. :biggrin:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is weird.

Why i can't appoint my own coach ? I paid for him to come over.

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Valencia under Gary still winless in the domestic league :rolleyes:

K38qXU7.jpg

fkr9EfU.jpg

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Your moniker is doing so well at Liverpool. Is it Jurgen Klopp of Jurgen Flopp? :biggrin: