• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Web Check-in airline will NOT check weight of hand carry luggage

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems to be the case as my boarding pass says if you do not have check in baggage, you may proceed directly to immigration departure.

Wow...like that set 7 kg limit for what ?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems to be the case as my boarding pass says if you do not have check in baggage, you may proceed directly to immigration departure.

Wow...like that set 7 kg limit for what ?

So that you dont stuff too much gold in the rectum when boarding

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why must check? Honour system mah. They can ask you to weigh your hand carry if it looks too heavy.

The web check-in means I will be issued a boarding pass. I can proceed straight to the immigration without the need to have my boarding pass validated at the counter so long I do not have check-in baggage.

So I can walk freely around the transit with my overweight hand carry bag. At the gate hold room, the SSC (security screening unit) will only look out for prohibited items, not weight.

The final stage is the tearing of the boarding pass. The staff will probably look out for oversized hand carry bags, or if you are carrying too many. Unless there is a weighing machine at the gate hold room, I don't see how they are going to check the weight of my hand carry bag if it's of standard hand carry size.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The web check-in means I will be issued a boarding pass....proceed straight to the immigration
So I can walk freely around the transit with my overweight hand carry bag. The final stage is the tearing of the boarding pass. The staff will probably look out for oversized hand carry bags, or if you are carrying too many. Unless there is a weighing machine at the gate hold room
..like that set 7 kg limit for what ?
Depends on airline and airport. For some, even if online checked in, boarding pass needs to be 1st validated at separate "internet check-in counter". For 2 reasons -1st to cross-check with your passport, that you are the correct person travelling.
2nd, they even ask you to weigh before tagging "cabin carriage" (for more sticky airlines ie budget carriers).

Same applies for FAST check in machines.

At gate, some cursory spot checks with your boarding pass thing (I kena even by SQ). Then when physically boarding, some spot checks (again budget carriers).

See abuse with many lugging in heavy cabin carry. At expense of full overhead compartments (if you not 1st to board).
At Bkk's Don Muang (more of LCC terminal), I was surprised to be able to go straight to security and passport control
-with just web check-in printout. So much for security lapse :cool:

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depends on airline and airport. For some, even if online checked in, boarding pass needs to be 1st validated at separate "internet check-in counter". For 2 reasons -1st to cross-check with your passport, that you are the correct person travelling.
2nd, they even ask you to weigh before tagging "cabin carriage" (for more sticky airlines ie budget carriers).

Same applies for FAST check in machines.

At gate, some cursory spot checks with your boarding pass thing (I kena even by SQ). Then when physically boarding, some spot checks (again budget carriers).

See abuse with many lugging in heavy cabin carry. At expense of full overhead compartments (if you not 1st to board).
At Bkk's Don Muang (more of LCC terminal), I was surprised to be able to go straight to security and passport control

You are correct. First thing is to look at your boarding pass, and see if it says you can proceed directly to the immigration if do not have any check-in baggage.

You will notice that at Changi, when you enter the departure gate, the police with cross check your passport with boarding pass; immediately after you have cleared the immigration (if you are using the automated gantry) another police or immigration officer will cross check the two documents. In the gate hold room, there will be another cross checking.

Okay, what do they spot check at the boarding gate ? Size or weight ?

It's about time that baggage weight be calculated together with weight of passenger. A 90kg man boards a budget airline gets to carry 7 kg on board; a 50kg woman gets to carry also 7 kg on board. That is not fair.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Security may have been tightened after the bombing in BKK?

Even in Spore the health checks e.g. temperature checks, cleaning of surfaces,... are almost non-existant until we have another health scare.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are correct. First thing is to look at your boarding pass, and see if it says you can proceed directly to the immigration if do not have any check-in baggage.

You will notice that at Changi, when you enter the departure gate, the police with cross check your passport with boarding pass; immediately after you have cleared the immigration (if you are using the automated gantry) another police or immigration officer will cross check the two documents. In the gate hold room, there will be another cross checking.

Okay, what do they spot check at the boarding gate ? Size or weight ?

It's about time that baggage weight be calculated together with weight of passenger. A 90kg man boards a budget airline gets to carry 7 kg on board; a 50kg woman gets to carry also 7 kg on board. That is not fair.

Spore is an expensive place, so when Sporeans go overseas they buy plenty of things. I expect Sporeans to be carrying empty luggage out of Spore so that they can fill up doing overseas shopping.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
why carry a empty luggage when you can go there buy one imitation brand and back here sell it away for a profit?

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am on board now. I cleared the immigration and SSU with an over weight cabin bag. No question asked.

Air Asia girls very Chio.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats because u look like a homeless wandering hobo backpacker wearing jeans and a old faded t shirt whose trying to squeeze his entire life belongings into a single backpack and his food supplies in a coles supermarket or aldi cloth bag that old ladies use to carry their groceries.hoping to spend the next two months in australia on less than $5 a day,sleeping in fields with kangaroos and eating macaroni and cheese and baked beans from a can while touring melbourne cbd.

Last edited: