• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A-star engineer in court for corruption

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yu Jiarong, 37, is accused of 17 charges of corruptly obtaining a total of $195,430 from Mr Ang Yew Heng and Mr Soh Kok Choy in return for advancing the business interests of Techfield Engineering Services, Yield Engineering Solutions and Techfield Solutions with IME, which comes under the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*Star).

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ed-with-corruption-involving-more-than-200000

must be stupid or unlucky, almost every civil servants have some form of under the table money.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
must be stupid or unlucky, almost every civil servants have some form of under the table money.

i am not sure about civil servants but i know in chinese owned companies, especially with international connections, this kind of under table money to win contracts is rampant. how can CPIB arrest all? if they do arrest, do you know there will be more losses and eventually, sinkie economy will suffer. previously, that vice president from ST was arrested for giving money. there is no right or wrong, he need to win contract but in sinkieland, this kind of bribing is not allowed. and he is from GLC and was a senior guy in the company. more likely he was rat by his own sinkie countryman. that's why i think tonychat is right, stay away from sinkies.:biggrin::p