• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stagnant Hiring Activity in Singapore Reflective of a Gloomy Economy - Monster

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to the latest Monster Employment Index (MEI) Singapore by Monster.com, one of the largest online employment sites globally, online recruitment in Singapore remained sluggish in October, registering a -7% growth between October 2014 and 2015.
This is the same year-on-year decline as was registered in September.
Notable results from the report include:
- The Education industry experienced the highest growth in online hiring at 3% year-over-year
- The Consumer Goods/ FMCG, Food & Packaged Food, Home Appliance, Garments/ Textiles/ Leather, Gems & Jewellery industry performed the worst at -18%
- Healthcare jobs are in the highest demand at 1% year-over-year
- Engineering/ Production roles have the steepest decline at -13%

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/online-recruitment-remains-stagnant-oct-7-decline-year-year

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are young & considering your career options, best to go into the healthcare field.
Good prospects as there is a shortage especially in the angmo countries because of their aging population.

I knew this girl who was doing physiotherapy in Canada & even before she actually graduated she got a job. They also paid for her travelling expenses to go to the job interview.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are young & considering your career options, best to go into the healthcare field.
Good prospects as there is a shortage especially in the angmo countries because of their aging population.

I knew this girl who was doing physiotherapy in Canada & even before she actually graduated she got a job. They also paid for her travelling expenses to go to the job interview.

i am a sinkie, dun expect me to do a such low graded job such as a nurse...:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am a sinkie, dun expect me to do a such low graded job such as a nurse...:biggrin:

In Canada, the physio therapist who attended to me was actually originally from Hong Kong. He emigrated as a qualified male nurse & while in Canada, he upgraded himself to a physiotherapist.

Other advantages to being a physiotherapist is that you can start your own practise providing physiotherapy services.
It's not the easiest line as there is a burn out rate but the demand is there. There are also other fields like occupational therapist, ... etc.

Don't listen to the PAP who have their own narrow agendas. They are always recommending Sporeans take up careers with a dead end e.g. engineers, computers, hospitality industry,...

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays, I've received numerous calls from employment agencies such as Monster regarding jobs, but unfortunately my SME company is not hiring anyone in Singapore this year or next. But we've hired a few staff in Malaysia and Thailand this year as we've setup subsidiary companies there.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays, I've received numerous calls from employment agencies such as Monster regarding jobs, but unfortunately my SME company is not hiring anyone in Singapore this year or next. But we've hired a few staff in Malaysia and Thailand this year as we've setup subsidiary companies there.

That is terrible. Why not set up subsidiaries in Singapore and send your foreign staff over here? You get to enjoy living in sg watching your kids grow up while we collect more taxes and rents. That would be a better idea, no?

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is terrible. Why not set up subsidiaries in Singapore and send your foreign staff over here? You get to enjoy living in sg watching your kids grow up while we collect more taxes and rents. That would be a better idea, no?

Our main markets are in Malaysia and Thailand, so it make sense to setup subsidiaries there for expansion, and it's also cheaper to have local sales staff there who knows the language and culture. But the holding company that I work for will still remain in Singapore.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why must work? Relax lah! Play guitar like Mats!

Robots will take over our jobs soon! Let them do the same repetitive jobs everyday! Going through the same motion everyday is not fitting for higher thinking animals!

We go fishing!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would any sinkie wants to work for a SME ?
They have the longest working hrs, lowest pay, shortest annual leave & mc, payday the latest., workload the hughest:*:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would any sinkie wants to work for a SME ?
They have the longest working hrs, lowest pay, shortest annual leave & mc, payday the latest., workload the hughest:*:

Why not? With the s pass quotas in place, they need you more than you need them. No need to work so hard lah, let the hungry FT pets pick up the slack. Who needs their miserly bonuses anyway? Teehee!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not? With the s pass quotas in place, they need you more than you need them. No need to work so hard lah, let the hungry FT pets pick up the slack. Who needs their miserly bonuses anyway? Teehee!
U mean sinkie can be another tpk living statue like my current job ? :eek:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
johnny333;2344 Don't listen to the PAP who have their own narrow agendas. They are always recommending Sporeans take up careers with a dead end e.g. engineers said:
or taxi driving or toilet cleaning or shake legs at home................ fark papigs