• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Final Thoughts On My Post on ISIS

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This will be my final thoughts on the 'killing children of terrorists' matter and then I will let the matter rest.

It is ironic that when I decided that I would slow down posting about Singapore and Singaporean affairs that I would present an opportunity for the usual gang of TOC, TRE and individuals like Kirsten Han, Andrew Loh etc to attack me.

When I posted on Devadas's page, I had just read an article on CNN about ISIS grooming a whole generation of children as terrorists. I started with a provocative comment, hoping to tease out a philosophical discussion about the killing of children (and women) terrorists, a moral issue that we find hard to deal with. Some Republican presidential candidates for example have asserted that the US has more of a chance to win the war against ISIS if they dropped their zero collateral damage policy. I also blogged about it here : http://beyondtheemotive.blogspot.sg/2015/11/killing-children.html

But before I could wait for the responses and start the debate, Kirsten Han screencapped my initial comment and shared it. Over the next few days, there was a concerted campaign to have me removed from the MLC. Kirsten posted about this, and her colleague Jolene Tan and her friends kept writing to the MLC Chairman to lodge complaints. So did Andrew Loh, the founder of TOC.

They all accused me of hate speech.

To cut a long story short, the MLC agreed with me that I did not engage in hate speech, but that as an MLC member I must practice higher standards of sensitivity than private citizens. I should not have started off with that comment and opened myself up for attack by people waiting for the opportunity to do me in.

I agree.

It is indeed ironic that I presented this opportunity on a non Singapore politics-related affair, when I have been taking this group on politically for the last 5 years.

But such is life.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to my fellow MLC members, the MDA and my supporters for not having been more careful as a public figure who has made many enemies online in these 5 years.

We all live and learn, and this has also been a learning episode for me.

by Ex-NMP Calvin Cheng Originally posted on his blog at: http://beyondtheemotive.blogspot.sg/2015/11/final-thoughts-on-my-post-on-isis.html

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It occurred to me all Hwa chong alumni in politic today are damn pathetic. But i believe their number will increase because they are the preferred obedient slaves to the Lee dynasty.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should have posted his article here :p
He would have made tons of friends instead of enemies :smile:
There will be people who disagree with him but at least samsters here are more tolerant.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should have posted his article here :p
He would have made tons of friends instead of enemies :smile:
There will be people who disagree with him but at least samsters here are more tolerant.

Without his Pap bestowed credentials to hide behind, this moron will just be another low class bukkake victim like Tonychat in here

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
public shall file police report and let police decides and AGC decides if it is a hate speech.
it is not up do MLB to decide

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
ISIS is created by the USA and Western powers to effect regime change in Syria. NATO, using Turkey as conduit organised supply of resources including money, manpower, weapons, etc to sustain ISIS through the borders from Turkey to Syria. Turkey also carried out lucrative trades with ISIS on stolen Syrian oil.

It went well, until Putin the Great turns up.

As usual, the USA and allies (being consistent) f**ked up yet again. First, muslim refugees invaded Europe and muslim brothers aka Daesh did Paris. Kharma is a bitch.