• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rachel Ng inspired by Walt Disney quote “If you can dream it, you can do it!”

Gotze

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Strong is the new sexy and fitness is the new party. With society leaning towards health and fitness, Yahoo's #Fitspo of the Week series is dedicated to all inspirational women in Singapore leading active lifestyles. Know of any who deserve to be featured? Hit me up on CherylTay.sg and onFacebook, Twitter and Instagram (cheryltaysg).

401e5490-96fd-11e5-bad5-353d6042e910_A52W8912.jpg
Runner Rachel Ng. Photo: Cheryl Tay
Name: Rachel Ng (@rachdaretdream)
Height: 161cm
Weight: 43kg
Diet: A high fibre diet of fruits and veggies, and anything with protein and carbohydrates
Training: Long runs on weekends, strength and conditioning sessions at the gym, and swim sessions for recovery
How did you get started in running?
I first bought my boyfriend a pair of running shoes to motivate him to exercise, and in return he bought me one too. That’s when our fitness journey began and it really fuelled my passion for running. I’ve tried many sports as a kid – from swimming to cycling to badminton – before running became my favourite sport at 18.
What was your first race and how did you do?
I’ve previously participated in some running events, but my first competitive race was the Singapore National Games, where I clinched second place for the Road Run and 1500m. Last year I also participated in the Johor Bahru Great Easter Run and came in fourth.
I am also running the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore this Sunday (6 Dec). I’ve been increasing the intensity of my training progressively and have been keeping a close watch on my diet.

3ed9c6a0-96fd-11e5-80a1-3fe4e5a52a31_A52W8865.jpg
Runner Rachel Ng. Photo: Cheryl Tay
What makes you happy about running?
Apart from the satisfaction I get from beating personal records during my runs, what really keeps me going is that I can inspire and motivate people around me to adopt healthier lifestyles.
What are some tips you have for other runners out there?
Running gear can often be overlooked and I think it’s really important to invest in the right pair of running shoes to best suit your running gait and foot shape to avoid injury. For example, I use the adidas Ultra Boost which has energy-returning cushioning and a Primeknit upper that gives me a flexible and supportive fit.
When running, remember to progress slowly. When I first started out, 10km felt like a long way for me but I soon became accustomed to the distance after consistent training. It’s amazing how your body responds to training over time. I’d encourage runners not to put unnecessary pressure on yourself – train consistently and have fun in the process! With regular training, your goals aren’t too far from you.
What does fitness mean to you?
To me, fitness is a lifestyle. It’s not all about trying to outdo someone else, it’s you against yourself – always strive to be better than yesterday. This quote from Walt Disney has often encouraged and spurred me on – “If you can dream it, you can do it!”
4030a410-96fd-11e5-9b72-9169db24aea6_A52W8875.jpg
Runner Rachel Ng. Photo: Cheryl Tay​
What are some of the misconceptions that society has about fitness now?
Many feel that athletes should not train every day as it will lead to overexertion and injuries. However, I feel that training every day is manageable as long as you have enough to eat, sleep and rest throughout the week. After all, you should not be afraid to push your limits to achieve your personal goals.
Why is it important to lead an active lifestyle?
A healthy lifestyle can really aid in disease prevention, weight control, and improve your energy levels. You will soon realise that small steps in the right direction will leave you feeling so much better with a better quality of life!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol.... i bet her favorite tv series is some bimbo show such as Gossip Girl.

Fav band = One Direction
Fav book = Don't read
Fav movie = Frozen
Ambition in life = Advocate for world peace

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
You see what a big difference 7 kilo can make? Always eat in moderation and cut back on salt, froggie.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good Lord she is reduced to bones!

I think her BMI is below average!

She should eat more! Like Angeline Wan!

Angeline Wan is more cuddly like a bear!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Angeline Wan is a joke. If she told us she jog only once a week, it seems fine. But this chick actually workouts almost daily.