• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Grace Huang says she was lost and disempowered - until she found Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Empowering lives through Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Grace Huang says she was lost and disempowered - until she found Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Now, she helps others find their "centre" through martial arts.

"We were having a really bad argument and I had the bedside table flung at me," she said. The table narrowly missed her.

But that was not the only aspect of her life that wasn't working out: "I was also running eBay seminars at that time, not knowing that my business partner had cheated people of money."

Ms Huang said she felt disempowered and aimless until she found Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ), “Before, everything was like YOLO (you only live once), you know? And it was not nice when you YOLO-ed every day.”

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/empowering-lives-through/2295240.html

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Grace Huang says she was lost and disempowered - until she found Brazilian Jiu-Ji

she looks like a butch to me...:eek:

MisterGuard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Grace Huang says she was lost and disempowered - until she found Brazilian Jiu-Ji

Well, I believe in empowering people through martial arts. Although I prefer striking styles rather than grappling. Still, BJJ is a good style for women, since if a woman gets attacked, chances are good that it will be a 1 vs. 1 situation.

If you do get attacked by multiple opponents, I don't recommend "going to the ground" like what they teach in BJJ classes. Talk to the Krav Maga instructors. They will tell you that if you fall to the ground in a fight, you are as good as dead. So they have drills where you have to do your best to hit your opponents and not fall to the ground.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Well, I believe in empowering people through martial arts. Although I prefer striking styles rather than grappling. Still, BJJ is a good style for women, since if a woman gets attacked, chances are good that it will be a 1 vs. 1 situation.

If you do get attacked by multiple opponents, I don't recommend "going to the ground" like what they teach in BJJ classes. Talk to the Krav Maga instructors. They will tell you that if you fall to the ground in a fight, you are as good as dead. So they have drills where you have to do your best to hit your opponents and not fall to the ground.

krav maga instructors don't even fight at all unless you have to. Btw BJJ is great if you are into MMA *yawn*

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

The true master doesn't get into fist fights to begin with.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The true master doesn't get into fist fights to begin with.

Or go around telling people what they can and can't do on the floor.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Kida! Back at ya